KOF XIII - Trial Mode Vids

ASH ASH ASH BORKEN
Dark_Chaotix
MOAR
A.K.A.:The Devil Of Orochinagi
Currently Playing:KoF XIII, KoF 98umfe, KoF 2k2um, Bloodborne
KOF XIII - Trial Mode Vids

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Sun Dec 04, 2011 05:17

Ill put the trials in the respective characters threads but also put them in here if someone wants to view them all at once.

Check back to see new updates. Will be in team format (once they are done).

Team Japan
Kyo Kusanagi
Benimaru Nikaido
Goro Daimon

Team Elisabeth
Elisabeth Branctorche
Shen Woo
Duo Lon

Fatal Fury Team
Terry Bogard
Andy Bogard
Joe Higashi

Kim Team
Kim Kaphwan
Raiden
Hwa Jai

Women Fighters Team
King
Mai Shiranui
Yuri Sakazaki

Art of Fighting Team
Ryo Sakazaki
Robert Garcia
Takuma Sakazaki

Yagami Team
Iori Yagami
Mature
Vice

Ikari Warriors Team
Ralf Jones
Clark Still
Leona Heidern

Psycho Soldier Team
Athena Asamiya
Sie Kensou
Chin Gentsai

K' Team
K'
Maxima
Kula Diamond

Misc

Ash Crimson
EX Iori
Billy Kane
Saiki
EX Kyo
Mr. Karate

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR

Re: KOF XIII - Trial Mode Vids

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Sat Dec 17, 2011 04:26

Elisabeth

Sogetsu
Charging...80%
Charging...80%
A.K.A.:Anime Fan

Post by Sogetsu » Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:15

Thanks A LOT for all this videos, really thanks so much n_nb

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Wed Dec 21, 2011 00:33

Vice

Combo Notes
None

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Wed Dec 21, 2011 00:34

Iori Yagami

Combo Notes
None

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Wed Dec 21, 2011 00:35

Mature

Combo Notes
Mature tests your timing with her qcb+BD, sC combos and you will learn to appreciate "not to mash" after you have done her trials.

I will say tho, for trial 9 the hardest part was "dp+AC, qcb+C DC qcfhcb+C". The reason why that part was hard is because you have to cancel the qcb+C on the second hit, which is hard considering you have to do a DM motion while you stick is on the other side of the start motion. Problem you may face will be late cancel (too slow), no cancel (even slower), qcb+C (input error) or NM (input error). The way I did this was qcb+C, then rolled stick from back to forward (hcf) then started then hcb+C again. It captures the qcf start of the move and if you are precise and quick enough you will get the FB to hit. Then you have to remember to do the rest of the combo. The last part (qcb+B, qcb+B, DM) can be tricky too. You have to have the opponent fairly high so the second qcb+B hits and the DM connects

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Wed Dec 21, 2011 00:37

Ralf

Combo Notes
Only thing Ill say about him is that when you go into HD mode, allow yourself to move as close to opponent as possible. This will help with link in later combos

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Wed Dec 21, 2011 02:13

Billy Kane

Combo Notes
3. Timing for hcf+C after dp+B has to be done as soon as you land.

4. Don't try to mash cA as it will turn out to be rapid A move instead. Just time it as you land.

5. You have to buffer his DM as soon as he lands. If feels like a cancel but its not.

6. Best way to do this is let the stick go to neutral, then do cB, neutral, then hcf+AC. If you don't, you can get unwanted moves like NM, SDM etc.

7. Early cancel from hcf+C. You cant buffer hcf+C~hcb+AC for the SDM to come out, you have to do a separate motion for the DM itself. So, you would do hcf+C~qcfhcb+AC. If you don't do that, you will get qcb+C instead.

8. Timing of the f+B has to be right.

9. For the beginning part, best to do cB, cB, cB~BC~C. Since the opponent recovers from cB fairly quickly, you have to input the BC~C quickly for it to connect. You can do this trial with all the sC to connect, so if you are struggling to get the b+A after first hit of sC, then let all the sC hit. Spacing can get iffy aswell if you not as close to Takuma when doing qcb+C. Another thing to note is that its best to let the stick go to neutral state after hcf+C~qcf+C because if you don't, when trying to do qcb+C, the DM will come out instead.

10. Just with what you learnt above, let the stick go to neutral state after hcf+C and do a separate motion for the DM and neutral state after hcf+C~qcf+C when doing qcb+C.

klsadako
I'm not a bot! :3
I'm not a bot! :3
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by klsadako » Mon Dec 26, 2011 14:52

wow u are great man, I can only complete all 10 with only Vice and Maxima, some for me seem impossible ^^

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Sat Jan 04, 2014 02:59

Woah, it has been awhile haha. Recently complete Saiki

Combo Notes
3. With any of his teleport combos, you can just press the button but I rather hold for definite execution.

5.I shortcut this by doing hcb (press B was I hit down), hcb (press B again as I hit down) +AC. It is possible to do 2x hcb+AC but you have to be really quick cos the cB pushes them away so the SDM wont reach.

9. BC bypass the first part of the combo by doing cB, cB, cB, qcb+BC. The air b+B into DM has to be done as the first available frame or else the b+B pushes them away too far and the DM will whiff. It also helps getting the last qcb+D (hold D) as close as you can so the air b+B hits fairly meaty

10. The air b+B has to be hit while the opponent is high up. Even tho it looks like the fireball will hit, it prob will whiff as it has to hit the opponent in the middle of body. I do qcf~uf~b+B for the air b+B.

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:25

Before we start, K' has a few shortcuts that will help with all his trials. In HD mode he can dp+A into qcf+C by inputting dp+A~C. This also work with his dp into qcf+B/D.

3. During f+A, you basically canceling his qcb+B~qcb+B in quick succession so only the slide comes out and counts as apart of the combo. Basically buffering the move.

5. I do qcb~b+BD to get instant air qcb+BD. Some timing is required to get it at maximum height. If done right you will link the DM.

6. To get 2x f+A you have link them ASAP. I always double tap my f+A as for me it comes out consistently. You have to do the second f+A as soon as the first one finishes. If done right, you wont see K' move and it will look like a smooth animation between the first and second f+A. The second hard part some might find is the dp into qcf+AC. You have to do the dp fairly low or the qcf+AC will whiff. Do hcb~f+A then qcf~uf+AC~f+D. If you do just qcf+AC you will get DM, so you have to do the 'uf' to nullify it. The last f+A has to be delayed slight or else it will whiff. This combo will really test your execution skills.

8. I run slightly after the qcf+AC~f+D as it helps land the sC easier, but you dont have to. Once you press sC into BC be ready to input qcb~b+BD to continue the combo. You could also do qcb~ub+BD if you like but that can make to you too high and ruin the combo.

9. Delay the f+A slightly so you can link the qcb+D.

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:30

King is up next and she can be a handful. Trial 6 is easily her toughest one, but more on that when we get to it.

1. Do hcf+B/D for the fireball cos doing qcf+B/D after df+D will come out as dp+B/D

3. Do DM as soon as you land

5. Cancel the fireball into DM straight away, so it should be like qcf+B/D~qcf+A/C

6. This trial has you testing your execution skills, in terms of timing and spacing.

The first df+D you have delay the qcf+B/D. If you dont delay or you delay too much the dp+B/D will whiff.

The timing of the DM after hcb+B is tricky also as you have to hit Takuma as high as possible so dp+BD will hit. I dont know if there is a way to get it to work once you land, but from all my testing I had to delay it one way or the other. Both fireballs have to hit to get the dp+BD to connect.

Once you get the hang of that, the next hard part is connecting the 2x fireballs after qcf+BD. If you are slightly out of corner, connecting them is fine but the dp+BD pushes you right into the corner, so you have to delay the frist qcf+B to hit as high as possible, then the rest comes out as normal. If there is a way to make it so it just follows after qcf+BD, then I dont know how to do it.

7. Delay the hcf+B as much as possible so that dp+BD will connect. The rest of the combo is straight forward.

9. Combo is straight forward, remember to let the hcb+D hit twice before doing air qcf+BD and after that you have to run to connect the dp+B/D.

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:31

There are two versions of Trial 5 that I put up together. It isn't an error

3. Have to run slightly for the hcb+B/D to connect

5. As stated above, there is two version of this trial, one to highlight the way the trial is intended to be done and the other with the rekka cancel. For the first one its the exact way its meant to be completed and thats with a DC from the rekka into the DM. Basically you have to input the rekka sequence really quick so the first rep misses and the second one hits and DC on the second hit. The timing is pretty tight.

The second version is with the rekka cancel where after you do the second rep of qcb+AC, you do the DM sequence to recover quicker, then you quickly input the 2x qcb+A/C so the second rep hits. If done right and quick enough, the rekka will still hit and you dont need to DC into DM. The main reason for this is to show how the rekka cancel works and the difference between the cancel and no cancel. It also give an idea on how to start it and if you practice it and get a few more reps, you can get decent damage from it.

6. Cancel the qcf+AC late as possible or else you will get DM or dp+AC instead. When jumping over opponent, have to hyperhop of you will not cross up correctly.

9. Delay the rekka late as possible from dp. I also put the stick in neutral to avoid DM. Also have to time each rekka with a small delay, so the are high as possible and the dp hits.

10. Don't forget to run slightly after every throw so the sC and dp hits.

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Thu Jan 30, 2014 07:51

Unedited version of trials. Ill update with proper trail version like my other vids later

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Tue Feb 04, 2014 13:11

Shen Woo next up, just have to remember and see what is being cancelled and what is being linked. Most of his HD combos will have both options in them and it is easy to get confused.

2. If you have fast hands you can do the grab from a cA, but if you can't you can do cB, then start to do hcb and while doing it you input the cA as you hit "down",then the rest of the move. Does take a bit of practice.

3. Some people will get a cancel they dont want instead of a DM, so you can do jD, cB, qcf~b+A, qcf+A. Basically doing a qcf but pressing "A" as you hit "back" This give you a sA but also give you the first motion of the DM without qcf+A coming out.

5. sA, sC is a link and you just have to practice the timing for it. Start the SDM as soon as you finish the qcf+B inout

6. Have to do the first qcb+A as high as possible, so the followup EX qcb+AC hits high too. The rest will hit if they are high enough. Also, the SDM is a link and not cancelled so timing is strict.

7. cB into cC is a link so just have to practice that. The rest of the combo you just have to see what is a link and what is a cancel. The last DM is a link and not cancelled into so height is needed.

8. You can do qcf+A~hcb+AC to cancel the DM into NM.

9. The last qcf+C has to held slightly to get maximum height so both SDM's hit at the end.