XBL:Orochi Gunsmith
PSN:Gunsmith-ON
Unlocking Guide

Post by Gunsmith » Wed Nov 30, 2011 03:24

Stick your stuff here!
Puar's story mode FAQ

Story Mode Scenes FAQ

IN BRIEF

For those who want to complete all of Story Mode in the quickest way possible, here’s what you’ll need to do:

Playthrough 1
Begin Story Mode, when prompted to choose 1) The KOF Teams, then choose 2) Inside the Stadium and Play through until the end

Playthrough 2
Pick Scene 5 -> 2) The Giant Airship Sky Noah -> 2) Inside the Stadium -> Play through until the end

Playthrough 3
Pick Scene 5 -> 3) The Aircraft Carrier Trautman -> 2) Inside the Stadium -> Play through until the end

Playthrough 4
Pick Scene 12 or 13 -> Play through until the end

Lose to the Boss
Pick any Scene between 22-25, then lose to the boss.

Team Specific Scenes
Depending on which scenes between 9-11 you are missing, pick Scene 8 from the chapter menu, then select “Inside the Stadium,” and after your cutscene plays, press the Start button, and select “Chapter Menu.”

For Scene 9, choose either the Elisabeth, Ikari Warriors, or K’ Team.
For Scene 10, choose either the Japan or Yagami Team.
For Scene 11, choose either the Fatal Fury, Psycho Soldiers, Kim, Art of Fighting, or Women Fighters Team.

Epilogue
Pick Scene 29 with a 97% completion rate to get Scene 30.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled FAQ.

==================================================

TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. OVERVIEW [OVER]
2. HOW SCENES ARE DETERMINED [HOW2]
3. PATHS [PATH]
- PATH 1: MAIN BRANCH [PTH1]
- PATH 2: ADELHEID AND ROSE [PTH2]
- PATH 3: HEIDERN AND HIS AGENTS [PTH3]
- PATH 4: BAD ENDING [PTH4]
4. SCENES [SCEN]
5. RESUMING FROM THE CHAPTER MENU [CHAP]
6. OPTIMAL PATHING [OPTI]

For easier navigation through this FAQ, I’ve implemented anchor points. If you need to skip to a specific part, then refer to the Table of Contents and note the special anchor by each section. For example, if I wanted to jump to the Scenes section, I would search for [SCEN].

1. OVERVIEW [OVER]

This FAQ covers the console versions of the King of Fighters XIII and how to acquire each of the scenes in the Story Mode.

In order to acquire all scenes, you will need to complete four separate story paths, lose to the boss once, view three team specific cut scenes, and view the credits after the previous objectives have been completed. For the quickest way to accomplish this, please refer to the Optimal Pathing [OPTI] section.

2. HOW SCENES ARE DETERMINED [HOW2]

In general, scenes are determined by the choices made when prompted by the game and are NOT affected by any other factors (e.g.: difficulty, target actions, perfect victories, super special move finishes, etc.).

The team you select in Story Mode will not affect your path or ending. Although the team you select will affect whether or not you are able to view Scenes 9-11 during your playthrough, these scenes are easily obtained afterward through replaying Scene 8.

In other words, if you are having trouble beating Story Mode, you can select your best team and set the game difficulty to Very Easy.

The choices that determine your path are:

During Scene 5
1) The KOF Teams
2) The Giant Airship Sky Noah
3) The Aircraft Carrier Trautman

During Scene 8
1) The Start of the Tournament
2) Inside the Stadium
3) Outside the Stadium (this option only appears when The Aircraft Carrier Trautman is selected)

3. PATHS [PATH]

In general, there are four paths to completing story mode, with the path you follow determined by the combination of choices you make during Scenes 5 and 8. These paths and all the possible combination of choices to select them are listed below, with the recommended choices to minimize unnecessary gameplay listed first.

PATH 1: MAIN BRANCH [PTH1]

Arguably, the main story mode branch that most resembles the Arcade Mode story and follows the exploits of Ash Crimson the closest.

Consists of…

- 1 (Optional) Spar (1 vs. 1)
- 2-3 Team Battles (3 vs. 3)
- 2 Boss Battles (3 vs. 1)

Choices…

1) The KOF Teams 2) Inside the Stadium
1) The KOF Teams 1) The Start of the Tournament
1) The Giant Airship Sky Noah 1) The Start of the Tournament
1) The Aircraft Carrier Trautman 1) The Start of the Tournament

It is recommended that you select “The KOF Teams” and “Inside the Stadium” for this path.

Selecting “The Start of the Tournament” will always result in this path, regardless of the first choice. However, because “The Start of the Tournament” results in an extra team battle and skips over scenes, it is not recommended that you select this choice.

(Note: If you are missing Scenes 9-11, you can skip directly to Scene 8 and select “Inside the Stadium” to view your team’s cutscene.)

PATH 2: ADELHEID AND ROSE [PTH2]

The branch that follows the story of Adelheid and Rose Bernstein.

Consists of…

- 2 Team Battles (3 vs. 3)

Choices…

2) The Giant Airship Sky Noah 2) Inside the Stadium

PATH 3: HEIDERN AND HIS AGENTS [PTH3]

The branch that follows the story of Heidern and his agents.

Consists of…

Choices…

3) The Aircraft Carrier Trautman 2) Inside the Stadium

PATH 4: BAD ENDING [PTH4]

The branch that is the equivalent of Arcade Mode’s bad ending.

Consists of…

Choices…

3) The Aircraft Carrier Trautman 3) Outside the Stadium

4. SCENES [SCEN]

Below is list of all scenes and the paths in which they appear, with notes on how to quickly acquire them from the chapter menu for commonly missing scenes.

Scene 1 All Paths
Scene 2 All Paths
Scene 3 All Paths
Scene 4 All Paths
Scene 5 All Paths
Scene 6 Path 2
Scene 7 Path 3 or 4
Scene 8 All Paths
Scene 9 Path 1 w/ Elisabeth, Ikari Warriors, or K’ Team. (Pick Scene 8, select “Inside the Stadium,” and pick one of the teams matching the description above.)
Scene 10 Path 1 w/ Japan or Yagami Team. (Pick Scene 8, select “Inside the Stadium,” and pick one of the teams matching the description above.)
Scene 11 Path 1 w/ Any team not mentioned above. (Pick Scene 8, select “Inside the Stadium,” and pick one of the teams matching the description above.)
Scene 12 Path 1
Scene 13 Path 2 or 3
Scene 14 Path 4
Scene 15 All Paths
Scene 16 Path 1
Scene 17 Path 1
Scene 18 Path 2
Scene 19 Path 1
Scene 20 Path 3
Scene 21 Path 4
Scene 22 Path 1
Scene 23 Path 3
Scene 24 Path 1-3
Scene 25 Path 1-3
Scene 26 Path 1-3
Scene 27 Path 1-3
Scene 28 Path 2
Scene 29 Path 1-3
Scene 30 View the credits when Story Mode completion is at 97%. (Pick Scene 29 after all other scenes are acquired.)
Scene 31 Path 4
Scene 32 Lose to Saiki or Ash

5. RESUMING FROM THE CHAPTER MENU [CHAP]

Unfortunately, resuming Story Mode from the chapter menu will not retain the path that you were previously on. Below is a chart that
shows which scenes, when selected from the chapter menu, will result in which paths.

Scene 1-5 Free (You are still able to determine your path.)
Scene 6-11 Path 1
Scene 12-21 Path 4
Scene 22-25 Path 1
Scene 26-29 Good Endings (Use to view credits and obtain Scene 30.)
Scene 30 Epilogue
Scene 31-32 Bad Endings

6. OPTIMAL PATHING [OPTI]

It will take a minimum of four (mostly) full playthroughs and resuming from the chapter menu three times to acquire all scenes. In order to achieve this in the fewest number of rounds played possible, it is recommended that you do the following:

PLAYTHROUGH 1

Begin a normal playthrough, then make the following choices:

1) The KOF Teams 2) Inside the Stadium

New Scenes: 1-5, 8, 12, 15-17, 19, 22, 24-27, 29, and 9 or 10 or 11.

PLAYTHROUGH 2

Pick Scene 5 from the chapter menu, then make the following choices:

2) The Giant Airship Sky Noah 2) Inside the Stadium

New Scenes: 6, 13, 18, 28.

PLAYTHROUGH 3

Pick Scene 5 from the chapter menu, then make the following choices:

3) The Aircraft Carrier Trautman 2) Inside the Stadium

New Scenes: 7, 20, 23.

PLAYTHROUGH 4

Pick Scene 12 or 13 from the chapter menu, then complete the game.

New Scenes: 14, 21, 31.

CLEAN UP

Pick any Scene between 22-25 from the chapter menu, then lose.

New Scenes: 32

Pick Scene 8 from the chapter menu, select “Inside the Stadium,” and choose either the Elisabeth, Ikari Warriors, or K’ Team. After the cutscene plays and the next cutscene with Ash comes up, press the Start button, and select “Chapter Menu.”

New Scenes: 9

Pick Scene 8 from the chapter menu, select “Inside the Stadium,” and choose either the Japan or Yagami Team. After the cutscene plays and the next cutscene with Ash comes up, press the Start button, and select “Chapter Menu.”

New Scenes: 10

Pick Scene 8 from the chapter menu, select “Inside the Stadium,” and choose either the Fatal Fury, Psycho Soldiers, Kim, Art of Fighting, or Women Fighters Team. After the cutscene plays and the next cutscene with Ash comes up, press the Start button, and select “Chapter Menu.”

New Scenes: 11

Pick Scene 29.

New Scenes: 30.

Toxic Avanger
Maxed Out?!
A.K.A.:Robot de Vapor
Currently Playing:KoF XIII
TTT2
Dragon's Crown
SNK PS2 NeoGeo Collections
PSN:Toxic-Baron

Re: Unlocking Guide

Post by Toxic Avanger » Wed Nov 30, 2011 05:37

Completing Gallery :

Visual :

Arcade art (first 7 rows, 63 images). Every time one clears arcade mode, 2 pictures of the characters used will be unlocked in the gallery. The pictures of the bosses are unlocked after clearing the game once.

Edit Endings (rows 8 and 9, 17 images).

Coming from arcade :

Kyo / Ash / K' (hero)
Kula / Yuri / Athena (gals)
Hwa / Chin / King (booze)
Benimaru / Robert / Andy (Side kicks)
King / Mai / Betty (Mature women)
Maxima / Raiden / Goro (giants)
Duolon / Shen / Ash (2003 hero)

Exclusive to console :

Raiden / Goro / Clark (grapplers)
Mature / Vice / Leona (Hakkeshu (almost))
Kyo / Kim / Kensou (dunno about relationship, but they are dressed as food)
Kyo / Terry / Ryo (obviously)
Benimaru / Leona / Iori (belly button team)
Kula / Yuri / Ash (sub 18)
Ash / Chin / K' (white hair)
Billy / Raiden / Hwa (FF1 sub boss)
Takuma / Kyo / Iori (DLC team)
Billy + 2 characters from Fatal Fury (Billy picture) // Unsure about condition however it's not "anything + Billy". Joe in the team might be mandatory.
Saiki + anything (The ones from the past picture).

Extra team art : (rows 10 & 11).

Defeat Evil Ash in story mode once with every team to unlock a team picture for them not obtainable anywhere else.

Movie :

Clear the game with a team once to obtain their ending movie. There are also other misc movies that appear once you clear the game.

Sound :

After unlocking a character his BGM tunes will be added to the menu, also as one sees the story cut scenes their BGMs will become available on this menu, however there is no % indicator here; and thus is not possible to easily check if one has everything unlocked here.

Invitation :

Apparently, the easiest way to unlock the invitation is to add clear he Visual and Sound galleries as well as obtaining several extra custom colors. I'm unsure if clearing trials affect this, but it doesn't seem like it.

Musolini
Charging...15%
Charging...15%
A.K.A.:Turned ON
PSN:Musolini187

Post by Musolini » Thu Jan 19, 2012 05:54

hi im stuck at 83% with the last invitation pic. i have cleared all the rows of pics on the first page, got all the story mode chapters, havent got all movies yet from the first page of the gallery but noticed that it didn't get a higher % after dong so with a couple of teams. ive even got all the collors for all the characters complete except for team lizzy. ive done most of the trials and only a few remain with 2 or 3 trials left. ive heard people have the complete invitation pic without even completing most of the trials. any help is appreciated, thanx in advance. wow asss xmad

Gunsmith
Posts too much
A.K.A.:<3 dead French characters
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Ni No Kuni, Yatagarasu, P4A
XBL:Orochi Gunsmith
PSN:Gunsmith-ON

Post by Gunsmith » Thu Jan 19, 2012 09:05

I've heard you have to get all the trophies to unlock this picture....

Toxic Avanger
Maxed Out?!
A.K.A.:Robot de Vapor
Currently Playing:KoF XIII
TTT2
Dragon's Crown
SNK PS2 NeoGeo Collections
PSN:Toxic-Baron

Post by Toxic Avanger » Thu Jan 19, 2012 15:33

Gunsmith wrote:I've heard you have to get all the trophies to unlock this picture....
No. I unlocked it at 100% and I had like 20% of the trophies and trials and without going online, so these shouldn't be relevant. As I said what I noticed that added the most % completed was adding things to the gallery, and in order to add more % to the gallery the "easiest" way is to clear arcade mode with every team and get every story branch and clearing story mode with every team. After I did that my invitation jumped from 30% to 95% or something.

There is this possibility that completing 1p missions in arcade mode also adds (I unlocked Saiki and Ash in every playthrough through the game). I also had given like 2 laps at survival.

Musolini
Charging...15%
Charging...15%

Post by Musolini » Thu Jan 19, 2012 17:05

yesterday i tried survival for the firts time and it jumped from 83 to 86%. considering that i already have all the other gallery items cept for a couple of ending movies, im guessing its gotta do with 1 player trophys, cause playing survival did add %.this is pretty fucked up, now i gotta find whatever else it is that im missing, shits some tough luck.

leegray99
Charging...35%
Charging...35%
PSN:leegray99

Post by leegray99 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 19:38

Musolini wrote:yesterday i tried survival for the firts time and it jumped from 83 to 86%. considering that i already have all the other gallery items cept for a couple of ending movies, im guessing its gotta do with 1 player trophys, cause playing survival did add %.this is pretty fucked up, now i gotta find whatever else it is that im missing, shits some tough luck.
I completed every trophy apart from the 2 trial ones which I aint even going to bother with and got 100 percent..........I know you defo get one when you beat the game on hard and also ten customize colours but I cant remember how I got the rest.....you can enlarge it once its complete Image

Musolini
Charging...15%
Charging...15%

Post by Musolini » Thu Jan 19, 2012 20:01

ok, i was playing survival and my battery died on the 45th character. i did get a trophy though and invitation went from 86 to 90%. noobish q but is there a way to see what trophy i already got to see what im still missing. im guessing you need every trophy cept online ones, all the trials done one and that final platinum one. besides these you probably need all the other ones?

edit; it also seems like only the characters involved in the 3 story chapter are present on pic. no nests and orochi saga characters ( no <3 for anhel and shermie, shame on them....).

leegray99
Charging...35%
Charging...35%
PSN:leegray99

Post by leegray99 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 20:46

if you go here http://psnprofiles.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and just type in your id, a profile will come up showing what you have and have not achieved or just go to your trophy collection on your PS3 and it will show you there.

Musolini
Charging...15%
Charging...15%

Post by Musolini » Thu Jan 19, 2012 21:53

thanx man ill do that later tonight when the laptop is available again, seems it doesn't work with the psn browser.

Loona
Charging...50%
Charging...50%
A.K.A.:Geese did it his way
Currently Playing:KoF XIII, Dissidia, FFXI, SRW W
PSN:IkariLoona

Post by Loona » Tue Jan 24, 2012 13:41

Toxic Avanger wrote:Arcade art (first 7 rows, 63 images). Every time one clears arcade mode, 2 pictures of the characters used will be unlocked in the gallery. The pictures of the bosses are unlocked after clearing the game once.
I'm almost sure that using them in Versus mode also unlocks those portraits (it certainly counts for the amount of uses needed to unlock more colors - been going through that lately, using that mode to get a MAX Cancel done every day for the sake of its trophy, I hope doing that there counts...), I helped doing that recently at a friends house, he got the game recently but hadn't played it much - oddly, on that occasion only character selected by player 1 were getting their portrait pics unlocked in the gallery.

I'm puzzled about the profile icons though, specifically the chibi boss ones - you unlock the ones for regular characters by completing time trial mode with them, but that isn't an option for boss Saiki and Dark Ash, yet they have such icons according to recent posts by GekigangerV at NeoGAF and Madman's Cafe where he posted those pics. I haven't completed the time trial mode with every character yet, so I don't know if they become available after doing it with everyone else, or if it's a different condition, like maybe reaching them when playing survival mode.

Musolini
Charging...15%
Charging...15%

Post by Musolini » Tue Feb 07, 2012 03:16

i got the boss saiki one but not the dark ash chibi one. i think you get those along with the ones on the bottom by doing certain shit with the online mode (ranked/player match).

also i thoughtni read somewhere that you could get the platinum trophy without getting the online trophies. this doesnt seem to be true, i got all the ofline trophies complete but no platinum trophy. i need to win 10 ranked matches without losing and win 100 ranked matches in total. this sucks as i cant even find anybody online in these last 2 days, blahblah. the eu is seriously lacking with players imo. where is evrybody? cmon ps3 players, get online. we can even make appointments if thats whats necesarry. i dont care bout trophies with games, but this is the first one where i would like to have them all (its snk, ive been maining these games since 91/92 and feel obliged to do so...).