Great_Dark_Hero
Charging...76%
Charging...76%
A.K.A.:This is Mai victory
Currently Playing:KOFXIII, TTT2, Crash Bandicoot Warped, Megaman X4
PSN:Dark_Ice_Saiko

Re: KOF XIII: EX Iori

Post by Great_Dark_Hero » Sun Feb 24, 2013 01:00

I do have a two bar HD combo for EX Iori. There might be more damaging options for two bars, however...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMRyX8qN_YM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Persona
last rank
last rank
A.K.A.:BANNED
Currently Playing:BANNED

Post by Persona » Sun Feb 24, 2013 07:35

Tried your combo and ended the HD combo with command grab into dash C xx f A xx qcf-hcb P xx qcfx4 AC and got 750 damage (including jump in).

Changing the entire combo, doing command grab loops into neo max got me 781 damage.

Toxic Avanger
Maxed Out?!
A.K.A.:Robot de Vapor
Currently Playing:KoF XIII
TTT2
Dragon's Crown
SNK PS2 NeoGeo Collections
PSN:Toxic-Baron

Post by Toxic Avanger » Mon Mar 25, 2013 05:31

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Sat Dec 07, 2013 04:25

Did some testing with him, and I learnt that EX Iori can cancel his far C into a command attack unlike the regular claw version. If you're just within range, far .C into fwd .A (first hit) will combo as well, but unless you know Iori's ranges really well, I wouldn't recommend it, since it's very likely for the fwd .A to whiff after. However, if you're within range of both hits, it's a remarkable feint, since most people are probably going to expect a qcf .P after, not a second punch. Given that Iori's far .C can be empty cancelled, I can also see some use for cancelling into fwd .B, since it has pretty good range, and most people aren't going to see it coming.

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR
A.K.A.:The Devil Of Orochinagi
Currently Playing:KoF XIII, KoF 98umfe, KoF 2k2um, Bloodborne

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Sat Dec 07, 2013 08:11

would have to be fairly quick to pull off.

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:56

Dark_Chaotix wrote:would have to be fairly quick to pull off.
It's a pretty easy cancel. Just hold the stick at fwd and tap .A or .B after pressing .C . If you cancel it from a hit, it's no different from cancelling into a special move. The reason this is useful is for a double buffer at a range where the far .C can hit. Doing a fwd .A or fwd .B can completely throw off your opponent's counter strategy and still keep you ready if he escape rolls expecting a fireball. Keep in mind however, if you far .C is blocked, the fwd .A will whiff on either hit. Also, you can deliberately whiff the far .C, but motion a fwd .A to get in hitting range.

Or otherwise you can just treat the far .C as means to throw out a fwd .B. Because once cancelled into, even from a whiff cancel, fwd .B becomes cancelable (though of course, it loses its overhead property). Secondly, far B is pretty safe on block if you don't cancel. Keep in mind that you have to whiff your far .C to get the fwd .B to hit confirm however, otherwise the pushback will cause the latter to whiff.

EX hcf .K only combos from a single light attack, and isn't an overhead unfortunately. Hell, the combo actually does less damage than when used standalone, so don't bother. The only reliable way to get it to OTG is in the corner from QCB .A. You can also tack it on after his EX Ya Otome, but damage scaling means it's only there to add insult to injury rather than getting any serious damage in. It doesn't chain from the regular Ya Otome, since you can recovery roll from it anyway, and I couldn't get it to hit after the Saika or Yami Sogi.

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR
A.K.A.:The Devil Of Orochinagi
Currently Playing:KoF XIII, KoF 98umfe, KoF 2k2um, Bloodborne

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:43

Trial vid update on first post