Posts too much
A.K.A.:<3 dead French characters
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Ni No Kuni, Yatagarasu, P4A
XBL:Orochi Gunsmith
PSN:Gunsmith-ON
KOF XIII: BUGS LIST

Post by Gunsmith » Sat Jul 31, 2010 13:43

krazykone123+kotaku wrote:1. Hwa Jai Airborne glitch
EX Dragon Kick>B Dragon Tail, it's suggested to not drive cancel into it or do it in a HD combo, if you trigger the glitch you are disqualified

This bug, which can be activated while doing Hwa Jai's special move, causes the character the fly off the screen. According to Tougeki, the player that triggers this bug will be disqualified.

2. Vice Splash glitch
If the player uses Vice's "Splash" move and then begins trading ground attacks with their opponent to effect a counter, the opponent's character will get stuck in stun animation. The match will end only when time runs out. Tougeki states that the player playing as Vice will be disqualified.

3. Vice's "Overkill" Special Move Renders Certain Characters Unplayable
The combination of using the "Overkill" and a throw move to recovering character, causes these characters to become unplayable: Iori, Vice, Shen, Mature, Terry, Andy, Takuma, Ash, Mai and Maxima. Once again, the player playing as Vice, Tougeki notes, will be disqualified.

4. Ralf Jones' Neo Max Move Bug
Having Ralf use his Neo Max move to trade hits with any character in mid-air cause the opponent to get stuck floating. Players using Ralf will not be disqualified for this, Tougeki states, but will be required to bring their opponent back by using a weak jump attack. Then the match can resume.
-from the Tougeki rules for XIII, as found by Kusogaki.

But there's more

Goro No bar needed for EX move

Takuma No bar needed for EX move

Mature infinite?

Any more?
Last edited by Gunsmith on Mon Aug 02, 2010 18:08, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: quote marks, added notes from kotaku

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR
A.K.A.:The Devil Of Orochinagi
Currently Playing:KoF XIII, KoF 98umfe, KoF 2k2um, Bloodborne

Re: KOF XIII: BUGS LIST

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Sat Jul 31, 2010 14:14

Not that I know of. Im keeping an ear out for them since it was mentioned here - http://dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php? ... 148#msg148" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Perfect Stranger
MAX! Time to break stock!
MAX! Time to break stock!
Currently Playing:Hide and seek with cops

Post by Perfect Stranger » Mon Aug 09, 2010 15:24

More bugs from Japanese KOF wiki reported (source: http://www21.atwiki.jp/kof13/pages/77.html)

1. Mai can't be thrown bug: Specifics not known yet, but it's been reported that sometimes, Mai will be able to escape being thrown. The opponent performs the throw animation as though it connected, but Mai is unaffected during this time, can move normally, and will not take any damage. Bug has supposedly occurred on normal throws, command grabs and DMs. While it's unclear how to trigger the bug, Mai players have been quoted as saying they did normal moves/tried jumping when thrown. Reports have also been heard of this bug occurring after Mai breaks a throw normally (input fwd c when being thrown)

2. Rolling out of last hit of Iori's Ya Otome ( QCFHCB .A / .C ): Reports have been hard of being able to roll out of Iori's Ya Otome by mashing the lever and .A .B . Again, not much specifics info on how to trigger this bug. Speculation is that it's only on certain characters?

Other bugs:
Takuma's Ranbu starts missing after having connected the first hit
Ash's EX sonicboom .B .D gives gauge even though it's an EX move.
If you get a high score, the characters listed as used on the score are different from the ones you actually used.

This is not looking good SNKP :/

fiol
Mode Change!
Mode Change!
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by fiol » Mon Aug 09, 2010 16:09

Perfect Stranger wrote:

This is not looking good SNKP :/
agree

SonicTempest
Posts too much
A.K.A.:>8|
Currently Playing:Dark Souls II
XBL:SonicTempest84
PSN:SonicTempest

Post by SonicTempest » Mon Aug 09, 2010 17:32

SNKP had better be working on a KOF 13.1 ready to release as soon as Tougeki is over...

fiol
Mode Change!
Mode Change!
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by fiol » Mon Aug 09, 2010 18:40

SonicTempest wrote:SNKP had better be working on a KOF 13.1 ready to release as soon as Tougeki is over...
they should have fixed this """"shit""" before the tougeki...

Gojira
Wyler is my God!!!
A.K.A.:Twit
Currently Playing:Assassin's Creed: Syndicate, WWE 2k16
XBL:Gojiraaa
PSN:Gojira_X

Post by Gojira » Mon Aug 09, 2010 20:32

fiol wrote:
SonicTempest wrote:SNKP had better be working on a KOF 13.1 ready to release as soon as Tougeki is over...
they should have fixed this """"shit""" before the tougeki...
They shouldn't even have tried to make Tougeki in the first place.

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Fri Aug 20, 2010 07:26

In the vid i posted in the misc section, its shows andy rolling out of iori DM. And then what seems to be Kyo doing an attack straight after block an attack from K'. Like there isnt any block stun or cancelling the block animation....

Last edited by Gunsmith on Tue Aug 24, 2010 21:45, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added video before it gets lost

SonicTempest
Posts too much

Post by SonicTempest » Mon Oct 11, 2010 08:04

So I was randomly checking to see if Dune had done anything with the patched version of XIII and came across this blog entry:
http://dune.duel-kof.com/?eid=1411677" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He describes a bug that explains what some people were chalking up to control issues.

Basically, if you force the opponent to overlap with an attack from behind that whiffs against crouchers (e.g. K's stand A on wakeup, or as they're landing from a jump) and the opponent tries to block it standing, doing a low attack immediately afterwards will make them unable to switch to blocking low, so they end up eating the low attack. Apparently it was used in the KCE vs Sisters matches as well as the first round of Tougeki.

That said, the blog entry dates to 7th October, the date of the release of 1.1, and I don't know if that bug is still present or not.

(My Japanese is very much flawed, so if I've made a mistake in my translation do let me know)

SonicTempest
Posts too much

Post by SonicTempest » Sat Nov 20, 2010 01:38

If anyone is curious to see the above bug in action, it's in the video that Gunsmith just posted on the front page.

Skip to 4:40. Dune's K' does a stand A as the opponent gets up. He immediately does a down B after that but the opponent doesn't switch to crouching guard, probably because he was unable to.

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Sat Nov 20, 2010 09:02

Oh wow, thats fucked up......Only from backturned?

SonicTempest
Posts too much

Post by SonicTempest » Wed Dec 28, 2011 01:47

KCE shows some more details related to the recently discovered EX Iori and EX Kyo bugs:

(will translate the pertinent details when I get home)

EDIT:
EX Kyo bug
- To activate the bug, throw EX Kyo as he's in the startup frames of his R.E.D. Kick.
- Works with command throws as well as regular throws. NeoMAX throws don't work, though.
- Freeze state continues regardless of whether Kyo is hit or stunned, so you can do 100% combos on him.
- He can't be thrown while in this state.
- Moves that lock you into a certain animation or certain special moves will release him from that state.
- If done with the EX R.E.D. Kick, Kyo doesn't get frozen but the opponent will continue their throw animation. They're completely invincible in this state so Kyo can't counterattack.

EX Iori bug
- This involves using Benimaru's air throw on EX Iori when he's in hitstun at a certain height in mid-air. Because it's height dependent it might be a little difficult to do consistently.
- Nothing will hit Iori in this state so you're stuck waiting for a time over.

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:02

whats happening with chizuru? If i read it correctly (or guess what im viewing) GCCD during her DM makes her in a ghost state? And countering / GCCD with her other DM does the same?

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Mon Jan 09, 2012 03:20

I glitched the HD bar

Toxic Avanger
Maxed Out?!
A.K.A.:Robot de Vapor
Currently Playing:KoF XIII
TTT2
Dragon's Crown
SNK PS2 NeoGeo Collections
PSN:Toxic-Baron

Post by Toxic Avanger » Mon Jan 09, 2012 04:10

Dark_Chaotix wrote:I glitched the HD bar
No you didn't. What happens is that sometimes in certain stages the HD bar gets "locked" and doesn't change color, the most common thing is for the HD bar to remain dark green as if it's half empty even though it's full. Surely because you set everything at 100% in practice the color got locked in the brightest color (the "shine" that indicates that HD bar is full".

Regardless of the color change everything works 100% as always, it's a minor bug that I suspect comes from stages that has extra shading effects (at first I noticed in tarman's stage).