SonicTempest
Posts too much
A.K.A.:>8|
Currently Playing:Dark Souls II
XBL:SonicTempest84
PSN:SonicTempest
KOF XIII System Discussion Thread

Post by SonicTempest » Wed Jul 14, 2010 19:33

Use this thread to discuss general game mechanics that aren't specific to any given character.

SonicTempest
Posts too much
A.K.A.:>8|
Currently Playing:Dark Souls II
XBL:SonicTempest84
PSN:SonicTempest

Re: KOF XIII System Discussion Thread

Post by SonicTempest » Fri Jul 16, 2010 16:31

Here's a system summary to get things started.

fwd fwd = Dash
bk bk = Backstep
( fwd ) .A .B = forward roll
bk .A .B = backward roll
.C .D = knockdown attack
.A .B after being knocked down = recovery roll
bk / fwd .C when close to the opponent = forward throw
bk / fwd .D when close to the opponent = reverse throw
bk/ fwd .C / .D when being thrown = throw escape
( fwd / df ) .A .B while guarding = guard cancel forward roll
bk .A .B while guarding = guard cancel backward roll
.C .D while guarding = guard cancel knockdown attack
Start button = Taunt

EX moves
EX moves are done by pressing both punch/kick buttons when inputting a special move or a DM, and have additional special properties on top of the regular versions. They cost an additional power stock. Not all DMs have EX versions, but every character has at least one EX DM.

NeoMAX DMs
Every character has a NeoMAX DM that they can do if they have 3 power stocks and a full hyperdrive gauge or are in Hyperdrive mode with 3 stocks.

Drive cancels
These cost 50% of the hyperdrive gauge and let you cancel from certain special moves to other special moves. You can drive cancel in and out of the EX versions of these moves too.

Super cancels
These cost 50% of the hyperdrive gauge and let you cancel from certain special moves to a DM, EX DM or NeoMAX DM.

MAX cancels
This lets you cancel from a DM or EX DM to a NeoMAX DM. Can only be done in Hyperdrive mode.

Hyperdrive mode
During Hyperdrive mode, all drive/super cancels don't cost any additional drive gauge. You can cancel into Hyperdrive mode from normal and command attacks by pressing B+C as the attack hits.

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR
A.K.A.:The Devil Of Orochinagi
Currently Playing:KoF XIII, KoF 98umfe, KoF 2k2um, Bloodborne

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:07

Im assuming they also got rid of the b,b~f dash they had in xii?

Toxic Avanger
Maxed Out?!
A.K.A.:Robot de Vapor
Currently Playing:KoF XIII
TTT2
Dragon's Crown
SNK PS2 NeoGeo Collections
PSN:Toxic-Baron

Post by Toxic Avanger » Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:05

Dark_Chaotix wrote:Im assuming they also got rid of the b,b~f dash they had in xii?
Yes, it's gone (I really liked that one).
Then again, XIII back steps resemble more the old games (in XII, neither the long back steps nor the short ones resemble too much the previous game ones in length and speed).

Yuki Yagami
Wyler is my God!!!
A.K.A.:a "trader" and a "messenger"
Currently Playing:...with someone's mind...

Post by Yuki Yagami » Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:55

Damage Scaling Noted by Dune (as translated by Professor @ MMCafe)

Notes by Dune
1. Damage scaling doesn't seem to differ whether you're in Hyper Drive mode or not.

2. Scaling is done according to the number of moves you've done, and not the number of hits. For example, whether you do a fierce punch into a super or a zanretsuken into a super, the damage from the super is the same.

3. The Scaleback rate is 5 percent per attack. Dune hasn't checked what happens after 20 attacks (because in theory, that'll be a 100% scaleback rate).

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Tue Jul 20, 2010 13:48

Ah good to see. Would like to see more development on this.

So in regards to the activation of HD, comparing it to 2k2, is it true that the sC automatically comes out and it moves forward the same as xii? How would the rate the system of easy of use and versatility?

Toxic Avanger
Maxed Out?!
A.K.A.:Robot de Vapor
Currently Playing:KoF XIII
TTT2
Dragon's Crown
SNK PS2 NeoGeo Collections
PSN:Toxic-Baron

Post by Toxic Avanger » Tue Jul 20, 2010 19:17

Dark_Chaotix wrote:Ah good to see. Would like to see more development on this.

So in regards to the activation of HD, comparing it to 2k2, is it true that the sC automatically comes out and it moves forward the same as xii? How would the rate the system of easy of use and versatility?
No. After activating the the HD bar the character only dashes forward like in the arksys HnK game (attack -> boost button).

There have been videos already where the player does close standing C -> BC -> low kick or cls C -> BC -> command move or cls C -> BC -> nothing (this was probably a mess up); it only looks "automatic" because is just so easy to do attack, cancel, attack; unlike 2k2 where you needed a certain strict timing with the dashing with some characters.

quoting from another thread.
SonicTempest wrote:
Glimmerous.Fop wrote: Here's a very devastating Drive Cancel combo that I discovered. It deals about 50% damage (!!):
(2 Drive Stocks, 1 Super Bar)
(Jump .C / .D) , .C , fwd .B , qcf .A , DC qcf .B , DC qcf .A , qcf qcf .P
Doesn't it cost 50% drive gauge to SC? Unless that last qcf .A -> qcf qcf .P isn't a super cancel.
The cost is 50% for the super cancels.

Max
More power! ...18%
More power! ...18%

Post by Max » Tue Jul 20, 2010 19:45

OK, I have a question:

For characters who have moves with follow-ups and/or multiple inputs for a "single" move; if you initiate the command with the EX version of the move, do you have to input everything as if it were an EX move (with both buttons, that is), or just the first "move"?

PenPen
MOAR
A.K.A.:Manipulating editor
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Initial D: v6, Football Manager 2011, Dungeon Defenders
PSN:penpen35

Post by PenPen » Wed Jul 21, 2010 16:35

Max wrote:OK, I have a question:

For characters who have moves with follow-ups and/or multiple inputs for a "single" move; if you initiate the command with the EX version of the move, do you have to input everything as if it were an EX move (with both buttons, that is), or just the first "move"?
Not entirely catching your question there, but for example if you're using K' and trying to do EX Second Shot (qcf+P -> f+B), you just do qcf+AC -> f+B and its EX version will come out.

Would like to add to what Toxic Avanger said above about HD actiuvation, your character will automatically dash forward if you're doing a mid-move, but it's entirely up to you to do anything before or during the dash. So you can do a HD mode fail like me by pressing BC and immediately pressing anything afterwards.

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Thu Jul 22, 2010 00:47

In regards to HD mode, can you bypass like 2k2 could?? Like old maxima cB, cB, qcf+BC etc.

And have anyone found certain links into DM via BC bypass aswell? EG : Yashiro cA, cA, sA, sB, qcf x2 BC

Max
More power! ...18%
More power! ...18%

Post by Max » Thu Jul 22, 2010 19:36

PenPen wrote:
Max wrote:OK, I have a question:

Not entirely catching your question there, but for example if you're using K' and trying to do EX Second Shot (qcf+P -> f+B), you just do qcf+AC -> f+B and its EX version will come out.

Would like to add to what Toxic Avanger said above about HD actiuvation, your character will automatically dash forward if you're doing a mid-move, but it's entirely up to you to do anything before or during the dash. So you can do a HD mode fail like me by pressing BC and immediately pressing anything afterwards.
Yeah… I should have worded that better. Thanks. I was wondering about exactly that, and also about moves like Duo's qcf .P x3. Do all 3 inputs have to be with both buttons?

PenPen
MOAR
A.K.A.:Manipulating editor
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Initial D: v6, Football Manager 2011, Dungeon Defenders
PSN:penpen35

Post by PenPen » Fri Jul 23, 2010 17:15

Max wrote: Yeah… I should have worded that better. Thanks. I was wondering about exactly that, and also about moves like Duo's qcf .P x3. Do all 3 inputs have to be with both buttons?
I'm pretty sure you just need to press both buttons for the first variation, then for the rest you can press either.

fiol
Mode Change!
Mode Change!
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by fiol » Fri Jul 23, 2010 17:28

is this the right thread?
Iori Training clip from HOng KOng:

Yuki Yagami
Wyler is my God!!!
A.K.A.:a "trader" and a "messenger"
Currently Playing:...with someone's mind...

Post by Yuki Yagami » Fri Jul 23, 2010 17:43

fiol wrote:is this the right thread?
http://orochinagi.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=79&t=2935" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
^ This one (and i posted the video already in the correct thread)

fiol
Mode Change!
Mode Change!
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by fiol » Fri Jul 23, 2010 19:22

Yuki Yagami wrote:
fiol wrote:is this the right thread?
http://orochinagi.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=79&t=2935" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
^ This one (and i posted the video already in the correct thread)
lol sorry mate ^_^