Gunsmith
Posts too much
A.K.A.:<3 dead French characters
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Ni No Kuni, Yatagarasu, P4A
XBL:Orochi Gunsmith
PSN:Gunsmith-ON
Re: KOF XIII: Chin Gentsai

Post by Gunsmith » Mon Jul 29, 2013 14:36

http://www.orochinagi.com/2013/08/the-anti-chin-guide" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:18

It's been an awfully long time since my last post, and I'm finally able to post actively again now that I have the game for Steam. I can't for the life of me get his Drinking to come out (3 years of not using the arcade joystick has made me rusty as heck). The command overlaps with his QCB .P , and motioning qcb db as a workaround the way I used to do it in SVC doesn't seem to work here. Still, it's interesting to see just how much he's changed from 2k2, along with Kensou.

Gunsmith
Posts too much
A.K.A.:<3 dead French characters
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Ni No Kuni, Yatagarasu, P4A
XBL:Orochi Gunsmith
PSN:Gunsmith-ON

Post by Gunsmith » Tue Nov 12, 2013 19:37

try HCF bk

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR
A.K.A.:The Devil Of Orochinagi
Currently Playing:KoF XIII, KoF 98umfe, KoF 2k2um, Bloodborne

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Wed Nov 13, 2013 13:10

have you tried putting in input display and seeing where the overlap happens?

I know i sometimes have this issue with vice as her hcbf+A/C grab overlaps with her dp+A/C. It's imperative that you are accurate on the inputs or else you will get that overlap. I guess practice will help, but if you are still having issues, do as gun suggested.

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Thu Nov 14, 2013 05:04

I found what worked for me is the alternate reverse Shoryuken command of QCB db , except instead of ending the input at db , I push the stick to dwn instead. The frame buffering in this game is a little longer than previous titles from what I noticed. Every time I try to do something like Robert or Takuma's .C > fwd .B > qcf .P , I get the Haoh Shikou Ken instead, unless I roll the joystick back to neutral first and motion qcf from there. Going back on topic, I find this version of Chin to be very strange from his 2k2 incarnation, but he's quite a beast once he gets in close. His links are easy, and fairly safe, and I don't remember ever poking with him as much previously.
Dark_Chaotix wrote:have you tried putting in input display and seeing where the overlap happens?

I know i sometimes have this issue with vice as her hcbf+A?C cgrab overlaps with her dp+A/C. It's imperative that you are accurate on the inputs or else you will get that overlap. I guess practice will help, but if you are still having issues, do as gun suggested.
Funnily enough, I never had issues pulling Vice's moves off, be it in the arcade or on PC. Although it's annoying as heck when you connect HCF .P and motion the DP .P followup, and it comes out as a Drive Cancel instead. The same with Benimaru's dwn up- .K followup to his qcf .K . Without meter, it comes out as intended, but once I do have meter, I keep getting a Drive Cancel into his DP .K instead. I get quite a lot of unintended Super and Drive Cancels in the game as a result of sloppy motioning that weren't an issue previously.

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Thu Nov 14, 2013 08:56

That means you are either taking too long for the d,u input or instead of d,u you are doing from down to up in a hcf motion capturing the forward aswell. should really do the shortcut for him, since they pretty much built it like so you dont get dp+B/D.

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:28

Dark_Chaotix wrote:That means you are either taking too long for the d,u input or instead of d,u you are doing from down to up in a hcf motion capturing the forward aswell. should really do the shortcut for him, since they pretty much built it like so you dont get dp+B/D.
There's a shortcut? I sometimes motion a half-circle from dwn to up- , as this makes Super Cancelling easier. I used to do that for Ash, until I realized SCing from the flash kick was a stupid idea to begin with. It's also possible that I motioned dwn uf , which could have caused an overlap.

Playing XIII made me realized I have some seriously bad habits I need to kick. One of which is with EX Kyo's qcf .A chains. I tend to motion qcf .B for the third input instead of just pressing .B , which naturally results in a Drive Cancel. And because it's unexpected, I usually fail to tap .B a second time to at least get a juggle out of it.

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:02

yeah, shortcut is qcf+B/D, uf+B/D. If you delay it, you have to do d,u +B/D

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Thu Nov 14, 2013 17:49

Dark_Chaotix wrote:yeah, shortcut is qcf+B/D, uf+B/D. If you delay it, you have to do d,u +B/D
Oh man, thanks. This shortcut is a breeze. Not that the original command was difficult to begin with, but the shortcut makes super cancelling easier.