KOF XIII: K'

ASH ASH ASH BORKEN
PenPen
MOAR
A.K.A.:Manipulating editor
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Initial D: v6, Football Manager 2011, Dungeon Defenders
PSN:penpen35
Re: KOF XIII: K'

Post by PenPen » Fri Jul 16, 2010 16:15

Narrow Spike is in, but only if you do the B version of Minutes Spike.

Playing K' today, I pretty much played him just like how one would play him in 2k or 2k2UM (except I was crappier). Trigger is obviously good, Second Shell seems to juggle people pretty easily. For Narrow Spike, I don't think it's really worth doing the EX version because even the normal version is relatively safe. EX Crow Bites, as long as he starts hitting people, will have the rest of the move connect, pretty much.

EX Chain Drive seems to do the same disappointing damage (no omgwtf damage on the last hit). I reckon it's somewhere around 40-45%.

And I tried his other palettes, they all look wtf to me (I used Windows K'...I don't think I want to use that again).

SonicTempest
Posts too much
A.K.A.:>8|
Currently Playing:Dark Souls II
XBL:SonicTempest84
PSN:SonicTempest

Post by SonicTempest » Fri Jul 16, 2010 16:30

I know Narrow Spike is in, but the blog entry for the K' team said that the instant Narrow Spike wasn't, and yet he does it in the video.

PenPen
MOAR
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Initial D: v6, Football Manager 2011, Dungeon Defenders

Post by PenPen » Fri Jul 16, 2010 17:11

Hmm, I don't know. I guess I can try it out next time I play. I intend to use K' more this time around anyway.

Glimmerous.Fop
I'm not a bot! :3
I'm not a bot! :3
A.K.A.:People die if they are killed.
PSN:GlimmerousFop

Post by Glimmerous.Fop » Sat Jul 17, 2010 02:59

Fought against a few K' yesterday. He's pretty much the same style in 2002UM. Strong at any range, with many many ways to combo and followup. Definitely a top-tier character.

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR
A.K.A.:The Devil Of Orochinagi
Currently Playing:KoF XIII, KoF 98umfe, KoF 2k2um, Bloodborne

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:03

Im kinda getting confused with your evaluation Pen. Can you explain it when you say "relatively"?? I rather it be, its safe or not safe regardless, but if you going to say relatively then explain in what circumstance it is. It would of been good if they kept his NS from 2k2 because in 2k2um it became unsafe from string....

I also remember they said something similar with Kula in 2k2um. She couldnt combo her dp from sB yet it still works in final version....Soooo i reckon its in and just didnt mention the change.

Max
More power! ...18%
More power! ...18%

Post by Max » Sun Jul 18, 2010 15:34

I've noticed that his A Crow Bites now has horizontal movement, rather than just being totally vertical like it was previously.

Does this affect its usefulness in any way?

PenPen
MOAR

Post by PenPen » Sun Jul 18, 2010 17:13

Dark_Chaotix wrote:Im kinda getting confused with your evaluation Pen. Can you explain it when you say "relatively"?? I rather it be, its safe or not safe regardless, but if you going to say relatively then explain in what circumstance it is. It would of been good if they kept his NS from 2k2 because in 2k2um it became unsafe from string....
Edit: I'll try a few more rounds with K' just to make sure later this week. It felt like old 2k2 version to me.

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Mon Jul 19, 2010 04:56

Ah good.

Good work by the way. Your reporting on the game is keeping my interest.

PenPen
MOAR

Post by PenPen » Wed Jul 21, 2010 18:16

Okay, two things. Narrow Spike as an insta-move seems to only apply if I'm doing the B version of Minute Spike. And on block, as I tried out today, it pushes K' a little too close for comfort...I'd say you'll probably get knocked by weak attacks after they're done blocking you. I'm also seeing a few guys trying to dp+A after it outside corners, but missing. I suppose it's a timing thing.

His EX Crow Bites is so goddamn good...it's super fast, and as long as ANY hit connects, the rest of the move would connect as well. Great wakeup option.

Iron Trigger just seems to hit anyone who dare comes close, especially on jump ins where it somehow, someway, magically hits the opponent midair even though I at times thought that at least I'd trade. Not sure how to explain it other than saying it's weird.

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Thu Jul 22, 2010 00:27

Ah, too bad its not a safe string. Would of been nice to have.

Can you link his DM from lows like XI offered?

EDIT:

SonicTempest
Posts too much
A.K.A.:>8|
Currently Playing:Dark Souls II
XBL:SonicTempest84
PSN:SonicTempest

Post by SonicTempest » Fri Jul 23, 2010 19:57

Heh, slight variation on the old 2K2UM Minutes Spike corner loop, I see. Very nice.

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Sat Jul 24, 2010 01:41

yeah.

Id assume that it would be alittle easier because the first part of qcb+k has to hit first, which is far easier then doing two really quick. But that just from looking at it.

Im hoping there is some neowave stuff in there like dp DC into qcf+A as they still float up and still retain combo. It would be boring if thats all K' can do.

check out what i would think would be the new "staple" for k'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2B54xCCzZQ#t=1m23s" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PenPen
MOAR

Post by PenPen » Sat Jul 24, 2010 17:22

Dark_Chaotix wrote:
check out what i would think would be the new "staple" for k'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2B54xCCzZQ#t=1m23s" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Saw this combo various times today with K' already. As a note, if you don't have stock, you can do C version of Crow Bites and it'll still connect.

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Sun Jul 25, 2010 01:11

Ah nice, players catch on quick

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR