A.K.A.:Robot de Vapor
Currently Playing:KoF XIII
TTT2
Dragon's Crown
SNK PS2 NeoGeo Collections
PSN:Toxic-Baron
Re: KOF XIII: Maxima

Post by Toxic Avanger » Mon Sep 10, 2012 05:29

Since I'm kinda like, controlling a zillion of characters at the time, I have actually been forgetting things that I come up an it's gotten to the point that I'm actually better of writing the stuff up. Since I'm going to write it up anyway, might as well do it in the forum :lol:

Details :

qcf .A , qcf .A is a pretty good anti air thing, if you notice that the first one didn't hit counter, don't do the second one.

I just realized the obvious thing : the EX air QCB follows the trajectory of the jump, unlike the regular version. What does that mean? that means that doing attack -> EX air CANNON -> ground attack it's pretty bitching from a short jump and virtually useless, but doing A -> EX air CANNON -> ground attack from a high jump can be done almost as high as the timer & life bars.

This really can improve your punishing of fireballs once you get used to it, as High jump A -> EX -> df .C -> CANNON isn't hard to land at, all spacing wise.

High Jump A -> EX CANNON -> short jump C -> EX CANNON, if done right can't be rolled through the guard without a stock and does 60% guard damage, it's semi hard to time the first EX deep enough. The enemy can roll it without a stock if they duck the short jump C and roll from the crouch, but that enters in the guessing game, if you delay the punch and press it late jump, it will hit them square crouch and net you the combo. You can also not do the second jump and aim for the grab and aim for the super cancel.

Also, you can tsubamegaeshi ( dwn db bk ub ) the regular version from pretty early, but since it's not an overhead it's totally useless (booh), and even though Maxima falls right in the place, is still not 100% safe.

Short jump D is a quasi insta overhead, though. For fast people is easy to see since Maxima's jump D is his slowest air attack.

I'm thinking that I'm settling with a set up from the HCB .K . Basically, do the throw without the follow up, and then push the enemy towards the corner a little. After that you got a short jump B/C for a frontal attack and a long jump C for a cross up. If you don't push the enemy towards the corner before jump, the difference between the jumps becomes too obvious. Also, depending on how much you push the enemy before the jump, the long jump C won't be a cross up, and that's the true important thing. You can train yourself to do a short jump cross up B from that position, but it's pretty bitching unless you are fighting another Maxima *sweatdrop .

edit :

Har Har

keech
Charging...63%
Charging...63%
A.K.A.:KoFXIII wiki
Currently Playing:KoFXIII,
XBL:xXxKeechxXx

Post by keech » Thu Nov 29, 2012 23:58

Looks like we're all going to die of old age when we see framedate for maxima :\ Why snk don't published tutorial book like Arc systems with framedate for all characters D: Cross ups not best edge of Maxima gameplay because he has awfully bad hitstop on air attack.

PureYeti
Is it a bot?
A.K.A.:Turned ON
PSN:PureYeti

Post by PureYeti » Mon Dec 10, 2012 05:16

Any tricks to supercancel Maxima's QCB .A ? The window feels small. The 2 player side was easier than the 1 player side for me :o

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR
A.K.A.:The Devil Of Orochinagi
Currently Playing:KoF XIII, KoF 98umfe, KoF 2k2um, Bloodborne

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:55

Not that i found sorry. I was at one point getting qcfhcb+A~qcf+A consistently, but its not really ashortcut per say, and then i stopped getting it.

I dont have a problem with the normal way, just have to be fairly quick. As long as the DM notation is done before the qcb+A hits, then you are doing the right pace for the cancel.

Toxic Avanger
Maxed Out?!
TTT2
Dragon's Crown

Post by Toxic Avanger » Fri Dec 14, 2012 23:42

PureYeti wrote:Any tricks to supercancel Maxima's QCB .A ? The window feels small. The 2 player side was easier than the 1 player side for me :o
Since the Cannons are slow, just start inputting the QCF x 2 before they hit, and if they do simply press the button. Super cancelling the throw is much more difficult, specially against cornered enemies.
Last edited by Toxic Avanger on Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:09, edited 1 time in total.

Toxic Avanger
Maxed Out?!
TTT2
Dragon's Crown

Post by Toxic Avanger » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:08

Gunsmith
Posts too much
A.K.A.:<3 dead French characters
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Ni No Kuni, Yatagarasu, P4A
XBL:Orochi Gunsmith
PSN:Gunsmith-ON

Post by Gunsmith » Sun May 12, 2013 17:32

Sanchez has been messing with Maxima and is working on a tutorial,

here's the beta version

leave some feedback for him!

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Thu Nov 14, 2013 05:19

Interestingly enough, I noticed the Double Vapor Cannon's autoguard can be broken if you manage to get another hit in before he fires. I pulled something like Clark's close C, and the second hit knocked him out of the autoguard animation.

keech
Charging...63%
Charging...63%

Post by keech » Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:51

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97vxmLrngt8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; i learn A LOT from Moa'!

keech
Charging...63%
Charging...63%

Post by keech » Sun Jun 22, 2014 23:28

http://youtu.be/Gv7Ejils7Bg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; mah stuff. OTG third hit!