shinefist
Charging...23%
Charging...23%
A.K.A.:Turned ON
XBL:shinefist
Re: KOFXIII: Clark

Post by shinefist » Tue Dec 20, 2011 13:41

HEY!

Great info on here for clark players, nice work people.

Ok clark heads, you know that combo off the blog where clark does his b~f+P, b~f+P, hcb,hcb+P

Well i found it hehe, its b~f+C (2nd hit), then you tap p (i think A is easier as its abit slower i think) for the drive cancel vulcan punch, but dont let the vulcan punch hit at all, instead cancel another b~f+C inbetween.

It requires practise though as its quite hard to do. With practise comes better execution tho init.

Have fun kids...

B13APeX
Is it a bot?
PSN:B13APeX

Re: KOF XIII: Clark Steel

Post by B13APeX » Sat Dec 24, 2011 01:32

Curiously, what all options are there available in response to Clark's light SAB? I know it's possible to jump away, but what other than that? It feels like I get Yomi'd into them half the time, and I really just crack under it since my first instinct is to hit people who are trying to grab.

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR
A.K.A.:The Devil Of Orochinagi
Currently Playing:KoF XIII, KoF 98umfe, KoF 2k2um, Bloodborne

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Sat Dec 24, 2011 01:47

Yomi?

Foxhole
DESU!
A.K.A.:Himono Onna/Easy Prey
Currently Playing:with Atenolol.
PSN:ELT-Jurippe

Post by Foxhole » Sat Dec 24, 2011 01:59

Dark_Chaotix wrote:Yomi?
Yomi means that the guy read his read and countered.

SonicTempest
Posts too much
A.K.A.:>8|
Currently Playing:Dark Souls II
XBL:SonicTempest84
PSN:SonicTempest

Post by SonicTempest » Sat Dec 24, 2011 02:19

B13APeX wrote:Curiously, what all options are there available in response to Clark's light SAB? I know it's possible to jump away, but what other than that? It feels like I get Yomi'd into them half the time, and I really just crack under it since my first instinct is to hit people who are trying to grab.
This seems more suited for a counter character thread, but yeah the best option is probably to jump. Or hop, actually, so you can try to catch him in the recovery frames with an attack. I'm assuming you can probably try to throw him as well although you'd need some pretty good reflexes for that.

B13APeX
Is it a bot?
PSN:B13APeX

Post by B13APeX » Sat Dec 24, 2011 06:11

SonicTempest wrote: This seems more suited for a counter character thread, but yeah the best option is probably to jump. Or hop, actually, so you can try to catch him in the recovery frames with an attack. I'm assuming you can probably try to throw him as well although you'd need some pretty good reflexes for that.
Yeah, I'm still navigating my way through the forums here--I'd rather spend time behind my HORI than a keyboard on most days; just how I have always been. But yeah, that's what I figured for the most part, thanks!

kadosho
More power! ...25%
More power! ...25%
XBL:kadosho
PSN:kadosho

Post by kadosho » Sat Dec 24, 2011 17:33

Noticed that Clark's reaction time is really fast. Plus his grapples are unblockable as long as you don't take too long to input.
Honestly I love the fact that he's also sped up to Ralf's speed as well. Its insane once you're able to unleash his new super.

i2_Gaug3
Is it a bot?
A.K.A.:Keep it moist
XBL:i2 Gaug3

crossover setups

Post by i2_Gaug3 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 01:24

Aight now ive been trying to use clark as my anchor and i have had a lot of sucess but i cant pass this simple wall...

when you play a vortex based character you want to keep the player in the vortex for as long as their is green on the other players health bar..(which im sure all of you on here already know)

the block! thats the wall i cant pass.. you cant command grab a person when their on wake up, or after a air reset the grab wiffs, im looking for crossovers i just cant seem to find a normal that looks that it can crossover or can crossover and from which jump..

it looks like jump .A would work but idk just cant seem to get it to crossover from im doing.... .C also looks like it has possibilities

BTW its my first KOF only other i have played is CvsSNK1/2

BE KIND :)

Gunsmith
Posts too much
A.K.A.:<3 dead French characters
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Ni No Kuni, Yatagarasu, P4A
XBL:Orochi Gunsmith
PSN:Gunsmith-ON

Post by Gunsmith » Wed Dec 28, 2011 03:15

If your opponent is blocking, you need to time your HCF .K throw to grab them as they wake up.
When they get scared of being grabbed then they will try to attack or jump away - this is when you attack.
Please watch the tutorial video in the first post!
If you played with Zangief in CVS2, the concept is the same. It's the same for any grab character - you'll see :D

Oh and jump B can crossup. But Clark doesn't need it :D

Foxhole
DESU!
A.K.A.:Himono Onna/Easy Prey
Currently Playing:with Atenolol.
PSN:ELT-Jurippe

Re: crossover setups

Post by Foxhole » Wed Dec 28, 2011 04:26

i2_Gaug3 wrote:Aight now ive been trying to use clark as my anchor and i have had a lot of sucess but i cant pass this simple wall...

when you play a vortex based character you want to keep the player in the vortex for as long as their is green on the other players health bar..(which im sure all of you on here already know)

the block! thats the wall i cant pass.. you cant command grab a person when their on wake up, or after a air reset the grab wiffs, im looking for crossovers i just cant seem to find a normal that looks that it can crossover or can crossover and from which jump..

it looks like jump .A would work but idk just cant seem to get it to crossover from im doing.... .C also looks like it has possibilities

BTW its my first KOF only other i have played is CvsSNK1/2

BE KIND :)
Each character has a few cross ups, but cross ups in KOF aren't the deliberate ones you get in SF, you really have to time them and position yourself properly.

i2_Gaug3
Is it a bot?

Post by i2_Gaug3 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 23:16

Gunsmith wrote:If your opponent is blocking, you need to time your HCF .K throw to grab them as they wake up.
When they get scared of being grabbed then they will try to attack or jump away - this is when you attack.
Please watch the tutorial video in the first post!
If you played with Zangief in CVS2, the concept is the same. It's the same for any grab character - you'll see :D

Oh and jump B can crossup. But Clark doesn't need it :D
thats the thing Gs do i wait till the wake up animation is over or what cause ive been trying it with both grabs .B works aight on people who like to push buttons but you can also just stay there and not push buttons and still get grabbed by .B but not .D, i just dont see .D working (on wakeup) its fast and all but its like not gonna grab on wakeup wiffs and leaves open for punish.( .B grabs because of the delay, .D wiffs cause its fast, maybe some grab invincibility on wakeup i think?)

i watched that vid a couple days after the console release it taught me a few things.

didnt play the gief was a houmaru akuma type of guy and kyo.

hmmm it doesnt look like it can although i havent seen where is the farthest angle it can hit from i will try and see what i can do with that

Gunsmith
Posts too much
A.K.A.:<3 dead French characters
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Ni No Kuni, Yatagarasu, P4A
XBL:Orochi Gunsmith
PSN:Gunsmith-ON

Post by Gunsmith » Fri Dec 30, 2011 01:05

yes, hcf B will hit mashers

but for hcf D to grab them, you have to wait till they are fully standing (or sitting)

all special grabs will whiff until opponent has woken up.

this is where you mix up hcf D with standing C

because when they realise that if they block they will get grabbed, they will try to jump - so if you guess that, you hit them with stand C + combo

when you have stock and you are sure they are going to block, then you can do hcf bd for the ex grab --> hcbx2 P cancel

i2_Gaug3
Is it a bot?

Post by i2_Gaug3 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 21:25

guess it would be sort of op if you could just grab them on wake up but who doesnt like op chars

keech
Charging...63%
Charging...63%
A.K.A.:KoFXIII wiki
Currently Playing:KoFXIII,
XBL:xXxKeechxXx

Post by keech » Sun Jan 29, 2012 18:48

-stun combo Clark! I learned the day before stun combo Joe and now I know whom to take place instead of ex kyo:3 Stun combo team so cool xD i'm soo~ happy. SNK please take all my money!!! ;_;

JAVH
I'm not a bot! :3
I'm not a bot! :3
Currently Playing:The King of Fighters XIII, The King of Fighters XII, The King of Fighters 94, The King of Fighters 95, The King of Fighters 96, Street Fighter IV, Super Street Fighter IV AE, Street Fighter III OE, Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
PSN:javargash77

Post by JAVH » Mon Sep 17, 2012 22:51

I see lot of chars now are like in KOF95 versions, Clark is one of this, also, his dwn .B -> HCF .D works again :> , very usefull with people waking up and expect you will hop or do pression like a not-grapplers.