KOF XIII: Leona Heidern

ASH ASH ASH BORKEN
Robocop Two
Charging...76%
Charging...76%
A.K.A.:Turned ON
Re: KOF XIII: Leona Heidern

Post by Robocop Two » Fri Sep 02, 2011 13:03

Thanks for the read through, I see what you mean about the overhead thing and yes, I must of copied the wrong link so it should be okay now. I'll try and get some more of your motions into the intermediate section tomorrow when I get some time. Thanks again dude

P.S. I know I've asked you about Ralf stuff in the past and you may well like some of the stuff I've found.

Kane317
Almost there! ...39%
Almost there! ...39%

Post by Kane317 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 22:31

Robocop Two wrote:Thanks for the read through, I see what you mean about the overhead thing and yes, I must of copied the wrong link so it should be okay now. I'll try and get some more of your motions into the intermediate section tomorrow when I get some time. Thanks again dude

P.S. I know I've asked you about Ralf stuff in the past and you may well like some of the stuff I've found.
Not a problem, don't forget the diagonal j.A is much easier to do but slightly more predictable. I'm looking forward to your Ralf section! Good stuff Robo, keep up the hard work!

noobovich
I'm not a bot! :3
XBL:Noobovich

Post by noobovich » Tue Nov 29, 2011 15:03

Hi
i am new to KOF but used to play SSF4 and was good at it.
i am trying to understand the combo mechanic in KOF and i for some reason cant understand how to pull this move out.
s .A to flashkick .D

what is the timing for it? or is there a short cut to do it?

Sogetsu
Charging...80%
Charging...80%
A.K.A.:Anime Fan

Post by Sogetsu » Tue Nov 29, 2011 15:35

Oh, I didn't use Leona but I think (I think I said...), it is

Hold dwn , then, after a few moments, release the stick and press .A alone, so quickly up- .D

Anyways I am not sure, but you should try that, it's the only way I can realize it could be

Please if other player knows exactly how to do it help him =P

noobovich

Post by noobovich » Tue Nov 29, 2011 18:26

Sogetsu wrote:Oh, I didn't use Leona but I think (I think I said...), it is

Hold dwn , then, after a few moments, release the stick and press .A alone, so quickly up- .D

Anyways I am not sure, but you should try that, it's the only way I can realize it could be

Please if other player knows exactly how to do it help him =P
yep
thanx a lot. it is the way to do it ... but needs to be really fast ... >_<

ZeroSoulreaver
Maxed Out! SDM time!
Maxed Out! SDM time!
A.K.A.:Hedgez
Currently Playing:KOF. MBACC,SC
PSN:Hedgez00

Post by ZeroSoulreaver » Wed Nov 30, 2011 23:17

Honestly for that I plinked it. Meaning hitting .A very fast right before finishing the Moon Slasher completely. So you are going to hit .A and then the .D in moon slasher 1 right before the other.

Also when you get to the harder stuff for Moon Slash cancel into Saber it's hold db then hit ub for Moon Slash then quickly hit fwd for Saber.

I also learned how to hit instant V-slasher off the ground. The motion is qcf and then a very quick db-uf(but going the opposite direction of this notation). It works great in the corner. Its easy to hit off of her forward kick and saber charge.

Leona has a lot of tricky moves, but once you find the shortcuts it becomes easier.

Arklight
Currently Playing:KOFXIII
XBL:Lady_Vengeance
PSN:Lady Vengeance

Post by Arklight » Thu Dec 01, 2011 19:55

I'm having trouble with the first combo already, I can't seem to get the QCB+A after f+B. Any tips?

Edit: Ok so right after posting this I got it a couple of times. Seems like I CAN do if I do the whole combo, and not if I do just f+B, QCB+A ..

Sogetsu
Charging...80%
Charging...80%
A.K.A.:Anime Fan

Post by Sogetsu » Thu Dec 01, 2011 20:27

Yes, lot of moves with overhead properties work that fashion, they can be followed by other special moves if they are cancelled into previously, or can only be followed by a very specific special or super when performing them alone

noobovich

Post by noobovich » Sun Dec 04, 2011 14:03

Arklight wrote:I'm having trouble with the first combo already, I can't seem to get the QCB+A after f+B. Any tips?

Edit: Ok so right after posting this I got it a couple of times. Seems like I CAN do if I do the whole combo, and not if I do just f+B, QCB+A ..
yes f+B will give u knock out. try dwn .C fwd .B then HCB .C works all the time ... although sometimes i get super instead but still ok :P

Arklight
Currently Playing:KOFXIII
XBL:Lady_Vengeance
PSN:Lady Vengeance

Post by Arklight » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:44

Thank you noobovich, I will test that tonight when I'm home from work.

I've read the starters guide on the orochinagi homepage, but couldn't find anything about whats the best way to create a team. Since you cannot switch out chars, is it necessary to have a 1 poke, 1 grab and 1 projectile character? I would like to keep Leona in my team cus I like her style, would Kyo be a good addition for her? I've been using him mostly as my second, but have no idea who to place third.
Also, how do you decide who to put first in a fight?

One more, does a roll go through everyone's projectile?

SGRemy
Is it a bot?
A.K.A.:Just sum scrub
Currently Playing:King of Fighters 13, Skyrim
PSN:shyguyremy

Post by SGRemy » Mon Dec 05, 2011 16:37

Arklight wrote:Thank you noobovich, I will test that tonight when I'm home from work.

I've read the starters guide on the orochinagi homepage, but couldn't find anything about whats the best way to create a team. Since you cannot switch out chars, is it necessary to have a 1 poke, 1 grab and 1 projectile character? I would like to keep Leona in my team cus I like her style, would Kyo be a good addition for her? I've been using him mostly as my second, but have no idea who to place third.

This is how I put my team, doesn't need meter/uses some meter/uses a lot of meter. Course its probably just me. I know a lot of people have a battery (meter builder) a meter user and and anchor.
As far as rolls, they go through all projectiles if timed correctly.

Now I have a question, wat is everyone's opinion on where leona fits in this game (slot 1,2, or 3) my current team is Leona/Terry/Yuri. I don't feel leona needs meter at all. She seems to do just fine with spacing with normals/coins and moon slashes. Course if I sound like a scrub feel free to expose me =P

noobovich

Post by noobovich » Mon Dec 05, 2011 17:14

SGRemy wrote:
Arklight wrote:Thank you noobovich, I will test that tonight when I'm home from work.

This is how I put my team, doesn't need meter/uses some meter/uses a lot of meter. Course its probably just me. I know a lot of people have a battery (meter builder) a meter user and and anchor.
As far as rolls, they go through all projectiles if timed correctly.

Now I have a question, wat is everyone's opinion on where leona fits in this game (slot 1,2, or 3) my current team is Leona/Terry/Yuri. I don't feel leona needs meter at all. She seems to do just fine with spacing with normals/coins and moon slashes. Course if I sound like a scrub feel free to expose me =P
well i didnt play online yet, >_< i know my live account still needs an activation. but from SSFIV i found that later on u start to know how to save meter, i really didnt think about the game as building a team but i think once u get to know the character, meter wont be a problem.

noobovich

Post by noobovich » Mon Dec 05, 2011 21:06

Hi again
so i reached Leona trail 7 and i cant seem to be able to connect it. so any idea how to get sonicboom .A .C after .360 .A .C to connect with sonicboom .C ???? it seems that u need to get a step closer to get these to connect which i dont know how to pull out.

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR
A.K.A.:The Devil Of Orochinagi
Currently Playing:KoF XIII, KoF 98umfe, KoF 2k2um, Bloodborne

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Mon Dec 19, 2011 14:49

Added console changes and movelist vid to first post.

B13APeX
Is it a bot?
PSN:B13APeX

Post by B13APeX » Mon Dec 19, 2011 22:45

I've been having a lot of trouble going from Grand Sabre to Moon Slasher...any advice? I assumed it'd be somethign like movign the stick in a triangle to keep the loops going a la fwd db ub but it's been giving me a lot of trouble.