KOF XIII: Leona Heidern

ASH ASH ASH BORKEN
chone-bone
Is it a bot?
A.K.A.:Turned ON
XBL:choneyisland
Re: KOF XIII: Leona Heidern

Post by chone-bone » Sun Jan 15, 2012 03:16

I just picked up KOF xiii and Leona is my personal favorite character out of the box but shes the first "Charge Type" i played. after trying the trials i don't get how some of them work for example.
st. HK xx Charge Down Up LP or HP xx Charge Back Forward xx Desperation Move

When i watch demo play Moon Slasher comes out right after the first hit of st. HK i don't know how to hold the down charge and get the st. Hk to come out i drop the charge doing it. whats the proper way to do that kind of stuff.

Foxhole
DESU!
A.K.A.:Himono Onna/Easy Prey
Currently Playing:with Atenolol.
PSN:ELT-Jurippe

Post by Foxhole » Sun Jan 15, 2012 03:53

Try jumping first.

That's how I'd do it. Try to hit the stand Strong before she ducks.

Also, KOF charge times are short, but then again, it's the first hit. Hmmmm...

SonicTempest
Posts too much
A.K.A.:>8|
Currently Playing:Dark Souls II
XBL:SonicTempest84
PSN:SonicTempest

Post by SonicTempest » Sun Jan 15, 2012 05:04

Charge down-back, then roll the stick db, b, uf, u. Hit D when your stick is pointing back and C when your stick is pointing up.

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR
A.K.A.:The Devil Of Orochinagi
Currently Playing:KoF XIII, KoF 98umfe, KoF 2k2um, Bloodborne

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:38

Or you can do the sD for 2 hits and charge it while thats happening into the rest of the combo. It will still pass the trial.

chone-bone
Is it a bot?

Post by chone-bone » Sun Jan 15, 2012 21:45

after lots of trial and error i found that you have to Down/Back Charge xx Back HK xx Up/Back LP or HP. the timing is very very strict. my new problem is how to Moon Slash xx Grand Saber xx Moon Slash. whats the best way to Down ~Up HK xx Back ~ Up HK xx Down ~ Up LP.

im trying to break it down into Down/Back ~ Up/Back HP xx Up/Back ~ Up/Forward HK xx Down/Forward ~ Up HP but the last Moon Slash wont come out

KellyNUTS
I'm not a bot! :3
A.K.A.:Feelin Frowggy?
Currently Playing:.

KOFXIII - Vice / Leona / EX Iori
SSF4 - Guy / Ibuki
BBCS - Litchi / Rachel
UMVC3 - Dr.Strange / Trish / Dr.Doom

Post by KellyNUTS » Tue Jan 17, 2012 21:18

Dark_Chaotix wrote:Or you can do the sD for 2 hits and charge it while thats happening into the rest of the combo. It will still pass the trial.
Thats what ur actually meant to do for the trial too!! :lol: I started it(Leona actually & that trial too!) last night and so far have spent about 3 hours trying to get her Moon Slasher > Ground Saber loop perfected. Been so much fun failing miserably tho.
U can actually time it so your charging before u even do the standing .K Probably alot harder this way, but also SNKP made it a point to teach it that way for a specific reason?
chone-bone wrote:after lots of trial and error i found that you have to Down/Back Charge xx Back HK xx Up/Back LP or HP. the timing is very very strict. my new problem is how to Moon Slash xx Grand Saber xx Moon Slash. whats the best way to Down ~Up HK xx Back ~ Up HK xx Down ~ Up LP.

im trying to break it down into Down/Back ~ Up/Back HP xx Up/Back ~ Up/Forward HK xx Down/Forward ~ Up HP but the last Moon Slash wont come out
Its easier if u do it the way Dark_Chaotix suggested to start it with st. .K If u have to break down every point your having problems with. So start off by just trial and error with trying to press db after a standing .K If leona sweeps your doing it too fast. Thats how I started out with this method.
Im guessing ur from another FG like Street Fighter and ur used to charging for a longer time? Its weird at first but you will get used to it in no time.

Now onto your Moon Slasher > Ground Saber loop troubles
Heres exactly how my input display looks with 1 loop:

db bk ub .P fwd .K df dwn db

How it will look EXACTLY on your input display in practice after 1 loop:

db
dwn
df
fwd
.P
ub
bk
db

Just like when u do: QCB + .A or .C [air] X-Calibre - EX
U would do the command with a fluid motion on your stick/pad, do the same type of thing but do a triangular motion as fluid as u can. Do 1 whole loop as it where only 1 move.

and/or

Start off by just trying to perfect the Moon Slasher > Ground Saber loop once, but make sure the end of it your back in the db position.
Once u have this good to go 80% of the time try repeating it.

Also, I recently read somewhere that KOF doesnt have plinking, im new to plinking and im pretty sure im plinking this loop, heck id say im even plinking the stick with the buttons up- .P fwd .K ( 4 way plink? double plink?) duh

IM using a Joystick BTW, so dunno if this will be any help if your using a pad.

Good luck! :salute:

chone-bone
Is it a bot?

Post by chone-bone » Wed Jan 18, 2012 04:52

its tuff but i'll get it down, i really like the game a lot all the characters are so good can't make up my mind for my other two fighters kinda stuck on beimaru, or clark, or hwa, or mr. karate....Does team synergy apply to kof like MVC3 or should i play my 3 favorite characters any suggestions

Toxic Avanger
Maxed Out?!
A.K.A.:Robot de Vapor
Currently Playing:KoF XIII
TTT2
Dragon's Crown
SNK PS2 NeoGeo Collections
PSN:Toxic-Baron

Post by Toxic Avanger » Wed Jan 18, 2012 06:15

chone-bone wrote:Does team synergy apply to kof like MVC3 or should i play my 3 favorite characters any suggestions
MVC concept of "synergy" is hard to block set up and infinites, here there is nothing like that and balance is pretty good, so just follow your heart.

KellyNUTS
A.K.A.:Feelin Frowggy?
Currently Playing:.

KOFXIII - Vice / Leona / EX Iori
SSF4 - Guy / Ibuki
BBCS - Litchi / Rachel
UMVC3 - Dr.Strange / Trish / Dr.Doom

Post by KellyNUTS » Wed Jan 18, 2012 15:50

Hey guys, im playing around with Leona and I accidentally did a double Moon Slasher with one motion.
Command was:

db bk ub + .C up- + .A dwn db

How it looks EXACTLY on my game screen, after its done:

db
dwn
up- .A
ub .C
bk
db

(dunno if the last 2 inputs matter)

Is this normal? Like another KOF trick? Like a shortcut? Can it apply to other charge moves? Im guessing maybe, for really fast start up moves?

[EDIT]Also, can anyone tell me if Leona has any HD Bypass moves?

Toxic Avanger
Maxed Out?!
TTT2
Dragon's Crown

Post by Toxic Avanger » Tue Feb 07, 2012 15:51

I realized that one of the japanese combo makers that I follow over at nico actually has a youtube page (it's here).... I feel kinda bad because some of my own reupload of his videos have a lot of views, but his own uploads of his own vids have very little views. ^^

Anyway, I'm going to promote this as I can on the all 2 places that I post at :lol: He has some other useful info on his channel, for example he does some of the hard to do trials in practice mode, thus we have a clear idea on the power gauges and the damage of the trials. Neat stuff.

Toxic Avanger
Maxed Out?!
TTT2
Dragon's Crown

Post by Toxic Avanger » Mon Oct 08, 2012 20:43

Vicio
Powering up...50%
Powering up...50%
A.K.A.:RebelSpark
Currently Playing:KOF XIII.

Post by Vicio » Wed Nov 28, 2012 20:19

Moon slasher to super ground saber? YES! It is possible. After developing carpal tunnel syndrome, I finally got it right. It's df HCB ub+A, bk db dwn df+d :kill:

My new corner combo(1 stock and cancel.) .C or .D(2hits),fwd+.B, HCB .C and the cancel above. Have fun! ;)

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR
A.K.A.:The Devil Of Orochinagi
Currently Playing:KoF XIII, KoF 98umfe, KoF 2k2um, Bloodborne

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:24

New combo vid!!

Transcript
1. qcb+B, NM, DM ( A combo that allows you to follow up from far NM into a DM )

2. bcf+C, jump qcb+C DC qcb+AC, bcf+AC, air SDM, dcu+C DC bcf+D, air DM ( A combo that tries to get the opponent high up to do SDM and continue the combo without EX qcb+BD )

3. jC, cB, cC, f+B, air qcb+C, dcu+C DC qcb+BD, air SDM, dcu+C DC qcb+BD, cbf+D, air DM ( Semi flashy combo )

4. jC, cB, cC, dcu+C DC bcf+D DC qcb+BD, air SDM, air SDM ( A combo that showcases 2x air SDM in a row )

5. jC, sC BC sC [dcu+C HDC bcf+D HDC] x3, dcu+C HDC bcf+D, bcf+D, duc+C ( A combo that continuously cancels her attacks, which isnt optimal but alot harder )

6. jC, cB, cC, qcb+BD, air SDM bypass HDC NM ( An anywhere combo that uses bypass SDM and into NM )

7. jC, cB, cC BC cC, [dcu+C HDC bcf+D]x2, air SDM, [dcu+C HDC bcf+D]x2, air SDM, dcu+C HDC DM ( a combo that shows the minimum distance to get SDM and also continue the combo )

8. jC, cC BC , cC [dcu+AC HDC bcf+D]x3, bcf+B, [dcu+AC HDC bcf+D]x2, dcu+C HDC bcf+D, air qcb+C, dcu+C ( A combo that shows how much damage you can get with EX dcu+AC, and its easy to do. Even on three bars it heaps!! )

9. jC, cC BC cC dcu+C HDC bcf+D HDC dcu+C HDC bcf+D HDC dcu+AC HDC bcf+D, air SDM, [dcu+C HDC bcf+D] x2, air SDM, dcu+C ( A full screen combo with 2x air SDM's in it )

10. jC, cC BC cC dcu+C HDC bcf+D HDC qcb+BD, air SDM, dcu+C HDC bcf+D HDC qcb+BD, bcf+D, [dcu+C HDC bcf+D] x2, DM ( Another flashy combo )

11. jC, cC BC cC, dcu+AC HDC bcf+D HDC dcu+AC HDC bcf+D, bcf+D HDC DM HDC NM ( A combo showing what yo ucan do with full stock and anywhere )

12. jC, cC BC cC, dcu+AC HDC bcf+D HDC qcb+BD, air qcb+C HDC SDM, [dcu+C HDC bcf+D] x3, DM ( A flashy combo that uses air qcb+C into SDM, which is a bit difficult in terms of speed )

13. jC, cC BC, cC, dcu+C HDC bcf+BD, air SDM, [dcu+C HDC bcf+D] x3, bcf+D, dcu+C HDC bcf+C, air DM ( Using bcf+BD to setup air SDM with continuation of combo )

14. jC, cC BC cC dcu+C HDC bcf+D HDC dcu+C HDC bcf+D HDC dcu+AC HDC bcf+D, bcf+D, dcu+C HDC bcf+D, air SDM HDC NM ( another full screen combo, but a different variation )

15. jC, cB, cC BC cC, dcu+C HDC bcf+D HDC qcb+BD, air SDM, [dcu+C HDC bcf+D] x3, dcu+C HDC NM ( Damage!!!! and in corner too )

16. qcb+B, air bypass SDM, [dcu+C HDC bcf+D] x2, air SDM, [dcu+C HDC bcf+D] x3, DM ( Huge damage if you were able to confirm in a real match )
Dont forget to watch the bonus vid