TTT2
Dragon's Crown
SNK PS2 NeoGeo Collections
PSN:Toxic-Baron
KOF XIII: Raiden

Post by Toxic Avanger » Wed Mar 31, 2010 15:29

Move list:
Special moves
Notes : Close standing .D (second hit) is an over head.
Doku Giri (毒霧) QCB + punch
- EX possible (stuns enemy), normal version most likely works like in XII.
Giant Bomb (ジャイアントボム) db charge fwd + punch
- Breaking it is still possible. EX possible (does two tackles, and juggles the enemy).
Giant Bomb Feint (ジャイアントボムフェイント) .A + .B During Giant bomb
- Input this before the tackle; you can't cancel the EX tackle. In XII, Canceling the tacke still kept some autoguard, it's unknown if that applies for XIII.
Raiden Bomb (ライデンボム) DP + punch
- Seems to work the same as XII. EX possible.
Head Crush (ヘッドクラッシュ) HCF + kick (throw)
- Good old Garou 1 throw EX possible.
Super Drop Kick (スーパードロップキック ) Charge/Hold .B or .D for about 4 seconds or more
- It looks like his standing CD, but lunging forward.
The longer the charge, the better the damage (In Garou Special the cap was 20 second charge for something like 60% damage)
Stage 1: Charge time 4 seconds. Time before attack comes out: Slow. Invincibility: None. On block frame disadvantage: HUGE. 100 damage.
Stage 2: Charge time 8 seconds. Time before attack comes out: Slow. Invincibility: slight, before attack comes out. On block frame disadvantage: Medium. 150 damage.
Stage 3: Charge time 12 seconds. Time before attack comes out: Normal. Invincibility: Until right after kick comes out. On block frame disadvantage: slight. Has all juggle property. 200 damage.
Stage 4: Charge time 16 seconds. Time before attack comes out: Fast. Invincibility: All throughout move. On block frame disadvantage: slight. Has all juggle property. 250 damage.

DMs
Super Raiden Drop (スーパーライデンドロップ) HCB HCB + punch (throw)
- EX possible
Crazy Train (クレイジートレイン) + qcf qcf + punch
- Short punching DM, can be comboed form weak attacks.

Neo MAX DM
Raiden Bomber (ライデンボンバー) qcf qcf + .B + .D
- It's a Big Lariat... A la Big Budo / Neptune Man with fluffy colors & special effects.
Console Changes
- (shown in video) Weak Poison Breath has less lag. When it hits you can followup with his command throw
- Adjustments to Super Drop Kick (lol)
* Charge times have been increased.
* Invincibility removed
* Guard crush ability has been reduced
* Can no longer be connected after a guard cancel attack
* Knocks the opponent away.
- Jump D’s hitbox has been strengthened to hit downwards. It should whiff less often on short opponents
- (shown in video) Giant Bomb (feint) has less recovery
- EX Raiden Bomb’s forward travel distance has been reduced.
- (shown in video) Raiden Bomber now has complete invincibility.

Producer Yamamoto says: Although Super Dropkick has been weakened, shorter recovery on Giant Bomb Feint allows him to be played more trickily. With the improvement to his jump HK {j.D}, he has reliable attacks from the air leading to greater attack possibilities. Worthy of special mention, complete invincibility on Raiden Bomber means no more awkward looking trades.
Movelist Vid
EX Move and Cancel Timing Guide
Tips
- If you select Raiden as first on the order select screen, you can start holding down K, and this will count towards his drop kick charge time.
- QCB .P to stop anticipated jump ins (won't work as anti air)
- EX DP .P is your ultimate anti air
- CD counter into Drop Kick combo for ultimate damage skank
- Crossup with j .D
- Because opponents are waiting for the drop kick, they won't expect a throw, but of course that means you lose the charge on your drop kick...
Dae's Raiden Tutorial

Raiden Is a grappling Character with many more tools at his disposal than just grappling. Although on the console version of KOF 13 his Dropkick has been "nerfed" it hasn't limited the characters ability to completely dominate space, and be able to turn around a match at any point. Here are some tricks that are Essential to becoming a good Raiden Player.

Headcrush/Follow Up's

After doing Raiden's Headcrush command throw you are given a perfect amount of time and spacing to perform some interesting follow up's.

Headcrush/Crossup

After doing Headcrush, wait for a fraction of a second then perform a super jump in the direction of the opposing character. By doing this you will land behind them, an ambiguous move, as in his air trajectory you appear as if you are going to land in front. By pressing (Air D) you will land a hit regardless of if they are standing or crouching, as long as they are blocking in the regular direction. The beauty of this cross up is that you can't guard against it either way if you are crouching, therefore I have designed an array of mix ups for when your opponent gets wise to what you are doing.

Headcrush/Mix Ups

The "fake" crossup

After performing Headcrush immediately perform a super jump, please note that the jump must be executed in the first active frames after Headcrush. If you do this properly, Raiden will appear to be crossing over the opposing character, but will actually drop down in front as they wakeup. This move is too early to hit them with (Air D) however I would reccomend ''Crouching Light Kick, Standing Light Punch, Headcrush'' as the opponant will be expecting you to hit them high, and wont guard against the low attack, and also, the combo ends with a headcrush, leaving you with another possible set up.

Crossup to Crouching Light Kick

After doing Headcrush, wait for a fraction of a second then perform a super jump in the direction of the opposing character. Wait untill you land then perform ''Crouching Light Kick, Standing Light Punch, Headcrush'' this mix up is for if you think they suspect you to hit them high with an (Air D) so they have to block high.

The other things you can do after Headcrush is wait for a second then do a regular high jump and either land and do another headcrush, do Air D which hits high, or go for crouching LK. After doing the other mix ups people tend to sit and block so I find they are less likely to try to on wakeup, and therefore a basic "clarke" style jump in and grab works nicely

What If they block?

HP Shoulder Tackle Fake/Headcrush

After any of the jump in's that I have mentioned above you can perform Crouching Light Kick, HP Shoulder Tackle (fake, Headcrush)

The HP Shoulder Tackle Fake gives you enough frames for the Headcrush to come out. If you do two crouching LK's the EX Headcrush will work.

General Tips

Raidens standing LP is a great anti air, is perfect if you are playing against people who jump a lot

I recommend the use of his LP Poison Spray against fireball spammers, as it is quick and stays active for a decent amount of time. It is also a good and fast anti air.

'''Dropkicks''' are essential for corner combo's, they link after his shoulder tackle without the use of HD bar and only take 4 seconds to generate. Also I have found that if you are pressuring someone with his shoulder tackle, if you have buffered the dropkick, executing it immediately after his shoulder tackle usually connects, as people usually try to jump or press buttons after blocking the shoulder tackle.
Last edited by Toxic Avanger on Wed Nov 10, 2010 03:50, edited 14 times in total.

Toxic Avanger
Maxed Out?!
A.K.A.:Robot de Vapor
Currently Playing:KoF XIII
TTT2
Dragon's Crown

Re: KOF XIII : Raiden

Post by Toxic Avanger » Mon Apr 26, 2010 03:21

Has people been updating these early character threads? With Neo max moves and whatnot? * winks *

Raiden seems to have a different voice for this build, I think that it's his Wild Ambition voice samples pasted into the game.... I really really hope that this is his ENGLISH config voice, and that they don't get rid of one of Daisuke Gori's final reprisals... But I won't hold my breath here. I suppose that these are temporary samples until they cast someone new.

Some playable impressions, Original Impressions found here

What I think I got right, har har.

Strong character.

Giant Bomb seems to pass through proyectiles. It's autoguard window is small.

DM crazy train is a rush down of punches, If blocked, there it seems to be gaps between every hit since it's not to rigid on the blocking enemy. (gaps = the enemy can input things, like rolls or DMs).

His Neo MAX is one big running lariat, it is unclear if the move can be blocked.
Last edited by Toxic Avanger on Tue Aug 10, 2010 21:22, edited 1 time in total.

PenPen
MOAR
A.K.A.:Manipulating editor
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Initial D: v6, Football Manager 2011, Dungeon Defenders
PSN:penpen35

Post by PenPen » Wed Jul 28, 2010 15:57

Holding B/D is a very, very good move. In fact, it seems like the longer you hold the button, the more damage he does. Per FightClub, if you hold the button for 15 seconds, it'll do 50% damage. Think you need to hold at least for 4 seconds. You can then follow with a DC into his anti-air grab.

And a very amusing 'feature' where you apparently can hold that button during order selection screen and it'll still count, but it's a rumor. Hmm.

Kane317
Almost there! ...39%
Almost there! ...39%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by Kane317 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 18:32

PenPen wrote:Holding B/D is a very, very good move. In fact, it seems like the longer you hold the button, the more damage he does. Per FightClub, if you hold the button for 15 seconds, it'll do 50% damage. Think you need to hold at least for 4 seconds. You can then follow with a DC into his anti-air grab.

And a very amusing 'feature' where you apparently can hold that button during order selection screen and it'll still count, but it's a rumor. Hmm.
*goro , gotta try that! EDIT: No rumor here lol

Toxic Avanger
Maxed Out?!
A.K.A.:Robot de Vapor
Currently Playing:KoF XIII
TTT2
Dragon's Crown

Post by Toxic Avanger » Fri Aug 06, 2010 00:46

Ok, from those Oogosho vids we got two facts straight:

The Super Drop Kick is an OTG move.
You can charge more than one Super Drop Kick at the time.

So basically, by completely crippling your own Raiden you can ensure MAX Damage from the Drop Kick more than once, move which can be comboed quite easily and is invincible.... I can already see those turtlers going at it. This should be annoying to handle at casual level of gameplay.

I don't remember if you can combo the Drop Kick from a strong attack in this game (you could in special); but if that's so I wouldn't be surprised if you could create some combos including two drop kicks and a Neo Max.

The Arcadia Magazine has some details on how much damage and what effects each drop kick has... I'll translate them when I delaze a little. Also, the MAX charge time is 16 seconds.

Perfect Stranger
MAX! Time to break stock!
MAX! Time to break stock!
Currently Playing:Hide and seek with cops

Post by Perfect Stranger » Fri Aug 06, 2010 07:23

Heck I'll do it.
Stage 1: Charge time 4 seconds. Time before attack comes out: Slow. Invincibility: None. On block frame disadvantage: HUGE. 100 damage.
Stage 2: Charge time 8 seconds. Time before attack comes out: Slow. Invincibility: slight, before attack comes out. On block frame disadvantage: Medium. 150 damage.
Stage 3: Charge time 12 seconds. Time before attack comes out: Normal. Invincibility: Until right after kick comes out. On block frame disadvantage: slight. Has all juggle property. 200 damage.
Stage 4: Charge time 16 seconds. Time before attack comes out: Fast. Invincibility: All throughout move. On block frame disadvantage: slight. Has all juggle property. 250 damage.

Gunsmith
Posts too much
A.K.A.:<3 dead French characters
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Ni No Kuni, Yatagarasu, P4A
XBL:Orochi Gunsmith
PSN:Gunsmith-ON

Post by Gunsmith » Fri Aug 06, 2010 16:49

From the Oogosho vids:

Drop Kick, LP, Drop Kick, DP P - 50%+ damage!

EX Shoulder Barge --> 2nd Shoulder --> DP P

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR
A.K.A.:The Devil Of Orochinagi
Currently Playing:KoF XIII, KoF 98umfe, KoF 2k2um, Bloodborne

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Wed Sep 01, 2010 06:04

Taken from DC forum... Credits to kane and MM

This is regards to GC drop kick

Thanks to Mad Man, he helped me translate this from the BBS:
"The way you'd normally do the GC dropkick is, you let go of D and immediately hit CD. It's as simple as that, but it has to be done very, very quickly.

So one person suggested that, if you're not too good with your fingers, you can just hold on to the C button too. That way you can just let go of CD and immediately press them again, which is easier to remember."

Gunsmith
Posts too much
A.K.A.:<3 dead French characters
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Ni No Kuni, Yatagarasu, P4A
XBL:Orochi Gunsmith
PSN:Gunsmith-ON

Post by Gunsmith » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:59

Raiden's stocking up on some nasty tricks!

Dammit, was I tripping when I saw CD counter into drop kick? I can't find the match video again.

PenPen
MOAR
A.K.A.:Manipulating editor
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Initial D: v6, Football Manager 2011, Dungeon Defenders
PSN:penpen35

Post by PenPen » Wed Sep 01, 2010 13:22

As I said somewhere, Raiden is pretty much called "Rai-god (god of lightning)" at these areas because the totally apeshit insane charge kick is a juggle anywhere move that eventually gets invincibility when charged for extended periods of time.

I mean, you can do something like a standing A air counter into charge kick, standing A, charge kick into something else. Very damaging.

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Wed Sep 01, 2010 14:38

Gunsmith wrote:Raiden's stocking up on some nasty tricks!

Dammit, was I tripping when I saw CD counter into drop kick? I can't find the match video again.
No you werent, thats where that argument (or discussion) came about. Its in one of the recent jp vids I dont recall which one either.

It unfortunate really, like I dont mind the juggle but not so many times that lead to other damaging stuff.

Kane317
Almost there! ...39%
Almost there! ...39%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by Kane317 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 15:33

Gunsmith wrote:Raiden's stocking up on some nasty tricks!

Here we go.

The Monster
Powering up...7%
Powering up...7%
A.K.A.:Poison Mist All Day!
PSN:MonsterManX

Re: KOF XIII: Raiden

Post by The Monster » Sat Aug 13, 2011 04:22

Cannot wait to Main this guy on my team , I totally think he's the bomb. Really love his grabbing combos and that brutal drop kick , and of course the Poison Mist. Everyone's saying he's gonna be a beast to fight againist , so I'm pumped.

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Sat Aug 13, 2011 08:25

He has been toned down in console version (mainly DK afaik)

The Monster
Powering up...7%
Powering up...7%
A.K.A.:Poison Mist All Day!
PSN:MonsterManX

Post by The Monster » Sat Aug 13, 2011 08:42

Dark_Chaotix wrote:He has been toned down in console version (mainly DK afaik)
It's funny I just read that somewhere. They increased his charge by like 20 seconds or something. Oh well. Least he'll still be strong. I guess the whole "ZOMG TOP TIER" worry is off my shoulders now.