KOF XIII: Terry Bogard

ASH ASH ASH BORKEN
Sogetsu
Charging...80%
Charging...80%
A.K.A.:Anime Fan
Re: KOFXIII: Terry Bogard

Post by Sogetsu » Thu Aug 25, 2011 02:24

Hi, I am new here, allways a lurker lol , but I just registered in order to ask about one Terry's Move, and it is fwd .A

I didn't see people using it actually, and I use it myself sometimes but alone or after .C , but I can not follow it with anything

Do anyone knows what is its main use? If there is a follow up for it? When is good to use it?

Also, congrats and thanks to all people on this forums, it is my main info resource about KOF XIII

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR
A.K.A.:The Devil Of Orochinagi
Currently Playing:KoF XIII, KoF 98umfe, KoF 2k2um, Bloodborne

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Thu Aug 25, 2011 03:16

You cant follow anything up with f+A outside BC mode, but in BC mode you can cancel into special or super move.

Id say its main purpose if HD combo (sC, f+A, BC, sC, f+A etc), as a combo string cB, cB, sA, f+A.

Event tho it has reach, its not a good poking tool as its kinda slow but might say otherwise.

Sogetsu
Charging...80%
Charging...80%
A.K.A.:Anime Fan

Post by Sogetsu » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:50

Ah ok thanks a lot n_nb

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Mon Dec 19, 2011 15:45

added console changes and movelist vid to first post.

Fuu
hunted by pedo police
Currently Playing:by ear
PSN:OswaldK9o

Re: KOF XIII: Terry Bogard

Post by Fuu » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:47

is it possible to combo something after QCB+A, QCB+AC, QCB+D far from the corner? Probably unpractical but rather stylish and fun.

Gunsmith
Posts too much
A.K.A.:<3 dead French characters
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Ni No Kuni, Yatagarasu, P4A
XBL:Orochi Gunsmith
PSN:Gunsmith-ON

Post by Gunsmith » Wed Jan 25, 2012 19:47

That's already burning a full HD meter... you can combo in the corner with a rising tackle but outside I haven't found anything so far, tried all types of rising tackle and buster wolf but it looks like Terry is still in the air by the time opponent hits the floor...

Tofa
Is it a bot?
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by Tofa » Thu Jan 26, 2012 13:11

what are terry's current most practical combos and setups?

Gunsmith
Posts too much
A.K.A.:<3 dead French characters
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Ni No Kuni, Yatagarasu, P4A
XBL:Orochi Gunsmith
PSN:Gunsmith-ON

Post by Gunsmith » Thu Jan 26, 2012 14:41

.C df .C QCB .A QCB .B flashkick .A .C

c .B .B qcf .B qcf .B

I believe there is a setup where you can do j .D , .C , qcf .A , then when you hyper jump you get a crossup. It's something like that, maybe even with a blocked QCB .A (not close, so it is safe).

Updated first post with Basic and intermediate combo videos...

Tofa
Is it a bot?
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by Tofa » Sat Jan 28, 2012 19:22

cheers gunsmith! :)

haven't had much time to practice kof but I hope learning a variation of one or two simple BnBs for each character will allow me to get far at sodium showdown this weekend

Terry Bogard
Is it a bot?
A.K.A.:the lone wolf?...
Currently Playing:KOF13, MBAACC
PSN:terrybogardUS

Post by Terry Bogard » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:22

Tofa wrote:what are terry's current most practical combos and setups?
Jump .D, close .C, QCB .B. I dropped df .C as it sometimes does not hit depending on how close you are to the opponent (this combo is not advisable if your opponent is a grappler like clark or goro)
cr .B, cr .A, cr .C, QCB .B . I use this more often as a block string, with a bit of caution with grapplers.

Once you have 50% drive meter and 1 pow stock, you should start hit confirming his combos and use QCB .A (burn knucke) instead of QCB .B if the normals hit. Reason being is he'll be doing more damage drive cancelling Burn knuckle A into crack shoot B, into buster wolf (or EX rising tackle, whichever you fancy).

Also Terry can kill an opponent with only 4 bars and 100% hyperdrive: jump .D, close .D , fwd .A , HD mode, close .D , fwd .A , QCB .A , DC QCBHCF .A .C, DC qcf qcf .A .C (should hit 3 times), QCB .A , flashkick .C.

Catch is you need to be around half screen to 3/4 screen distance away from the corner. Less than 20 hits for 1006 dmg. Pretty ridiculous.

keech
Charging...63%
Charging...63%
A.K.A.:KoFXIII wiki
Currently Playing:KoFXIII,
XBL:xXxKeechxXx

Post by keech » Thu Jul 12, 2012 21:36

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pn3gkdu ... age#t=205s We have this combo. So i can't hd cancel fireball in super what shortcut(input and some tips) for this cancel?

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Wed Jul 18, 2012 00:38

There is no shortcut needed for that to work. Normally you would want to do the motion really quick for the cancel but you have to give it a few frames after the fb has come out then you do the DM. You can do qcf+A~qcf+K for the fb then DM, but you would have to do the full motion for the other DM for that to work.

Practice it outside of combo and far from the opponent and do fb into either DM remembering to give a few frames after you do the fb. If you get the 'supercancel' then you are doing it right.

Too slow if you aren't SCing and too quick if nothing comes out.

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:21

New CMV Terry Bogard Lone Wolf Edition

Transcript
1 - jD, cB, cB, sA, sB, qcfx2+B DM (Basic combo where some find sB from sA link tricky)

2 - jD, cB, cA, cC, qcb+A DC dcu+C DC qcb+B, dcu+AC (A combo that can done anywhere at the cost of 2 DC's and 1 stock. The dcu+AC has to be done straight away)

3 - jC, sD, f+A BC sD, f+A, qcb+A HDC [dcu+C HDC qcb+C]x2 HDC dcu+C HDC qcf+A HDC NM (I see alot of HD combos were terry does an qcb+AC somewhere. This combo basically shows that you can do the normal rep without EX at all. The fireball is just for show as you would get better height if HDC from dcu+C)

4 - jD, cB, cA, cC, qcb+A DC dcu+C DC qcfx2+BD SDM, qcfx2+B DM (If any of his Dm's or SDM's, besides the single hitting power geyser DM, you can follow up on it. In this case, it misses a couple of hits. It is also much easier to get these whiff in the corner but DCing the dcu+C into the SDM allows the right height so it whiffs the last few hit)

5 - jD, cB, sA, cB, sC BC sA, sC, qcb+A HDC qcb+B, qcfx2+B DM HDC NM, qcb+A, dcu+C ( A stylish combo with a 1f link being sA into sC. The last qcb+A can be tricky to pull off as you have to run alittle to get it)

6 - BC, CH qcbhcf+A DM HDC NM, qcb+A, qcb+B, dcu+C (A basic combo with the correct spacing can get an extra hit from the NM. Normally the NM will hit 3 times, but it is possible to get a 4th hit but spcaing and height is required. The rest of the combo is standard, but not bad for a 3 stock kill)

7 - jC, sC, BC, sC, qcb+A HDC qcbhcf+AC SDM HDC NM, qcb+B, dcu+C (Similar to the above combo just with a normal jC combo starter)

8 - jC, cA, cC, dcu+C DC qcb+D, qcfx2+B DM dcu+C DC qcb+D, qcbhcf+AC SDM, qcb+B, qcfx2+BD SDM (A well spaced first DM allows it to whiff the second hit. The hit box on this DM is kinda big and hits behind terry's head. The DM has to hit behind the arm, which is why the DM is harder to hit then the SDM. From there allowed me to followup with the rest of the combo. Stylish!)

9 - qcf+AC, qcf+AC, qcf+AC, qcb+D, sD, f+A BC, sD, qcb+A [HDC dcu+C HDC qcb+C]x3 HDC qcfx2+BD SDM, dcu+C (A stylish combo that starts with 3x qcf+AC mid screen and continues the combo with a qcb+D. The opponent has to be crouching to combo after qcb+D)

10 - qcb+D, dcu+A DC qcbhcf+AC SDM, qcb+B, dcu+C DC qcbhcf+AC SDM, qcf+D, qcfx2+B DM (Trickest part of this combo is getting 4 hits off qcb+D. If you do, you can followup while normally you can't)

11 - jD, sD, f+A BC, sD, qcfx2+B DM, dcu+C HDC qcfx2+B DM, dcu+C HDC qcb+C HDC qcb+D, qcfx2+BD SDM, dcu+C HDC qcb+C HDC qcb+D, qcfx2+B DM (Another stylish combo and probably my favorite. A combo where Ash's kiss interrupts his DM which allows me to do another whiff DM and continue the combo. Getting a 4 hitter qcb+D is the icing on the cat, as I had no HD bar left)

12 - jC, sC BC sC, qcb+A [HDC dcu+C HDC qcb+C]x2 HDC dcu+C HDC qcbhcf+AC SDM, qcb+D, qcfx2+BD SDM, qcfx2+B DM (Another stylish combo which includes 3 supers in the combo)

13 - jC, sD, f+A BC sD, f+A, qcb+A HDC dcu+C HDC qcbhcf+AC SDM, qcb+A HDC qcb+B, dcu+C HDC qcbhcf+AC SDM, qcb+A HDC qcb+B, qcfx2+B DM (Correct height allows you to do qcb+A after the SDM geyser. It not as hard as it looks)

14 - jC, sD, f+A BC sD, f+A, qcb+A HDC dcu+C HDC qcbhcf+AC SDM, qcb+D, dcu+C HDC qcbhcf+AC SDM, qcb+D, dcu+C HDC qcb+C HDC qcb+AC, qcb+B, dcu+C ( A combo that shows the shortcut for doing dcu+C into SDM. It does take some getting use to but once mastered its easy)

15 - jC, sD, f+A BC sD, f+A, [dcu+C HDC qcb+C HDC qcb+B HDC]x2 dcu+C HDC qcb+C HDC qcb+D, [qcbhcf+AC SDM]x2, qcfx2+B DM (Probably his best no stock corner loop without meter. It does about 600+ so learn it if you can. Also, it is possible to do his dcu+C after his sD, f+A. think of it like Takuma where you can input the moves quick so you can start charging. 2x SDM then DM at the end for style)

16 - jD, sD, f+A BC, cC, dcu+C HDC qcb+D, [qcfx2+B DM]x2 HDC NM, qcb+A, qcb+B, qcfx2+B DM ( A combo with a whiffed DM into another DM then NM cancel. (Semi stylish combo)

17 - jC, sD, f+A BC sD, f+A, qcb+A HDC [qcbhcfx2+AC SDM]x2, [dcu+C HDC qcb+C HDC qcb+D]x2, qcfx2+B DM (A combo that 2x 4 hitting qcb+D. Max damage without using NM??)

18 - jC, sD, f+A BC sC, qcb+A HDC qcb+AC HDC qcbhcf+AC SDM HDC NM (A fairly basic but damaging HD combo that 100%)

19 - jC, sC BC sC, qcb+A HDC qcbhcf+AC SDM HDC NM, qcbhcf+A DM (Another straight forward 100%)

20 - CH jCD, qcbhcf+AC SDM HDC NM, qcb+A, qcb+B, qcfx2+B DM (An over kill combo that comes from a jCD on counter hit)

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Fri Nov 22, 2013 02:45

Sogetsu wrote:Hi, I am new here, allways a lurker lol , but I just registered in order to ask about one Terry's Move, and it is fwd .A

I didn't see people using it actually, and I use it myself sometimes but alone or after .C , but I can not follow it with anything

Do anyone knows what is its main use? If there is a follow up for it? When is good to use it?

Also, congrats and thanks to all people on this forums, it is my main info resource about KOF XIII
f+A does push Terry back a little, so I imagine it's probably safer on block than df .C . But otherwise, I don't see much use for it outside of HD mode.

*edit* BTW, I just found out that Terry can link his crouching .A into crouching .C . No timing is necessary. If you're pulling a light combo, you might as well do that, since you have the range to crouching .B , crouching .A twice, crouching .C and cancel after, which you can't do with df .C. Does more damage to boot.