Bugle/Hawk'M
Wyler is my God!!!
A.K.A.:When life gives you lemons, make Kaiser Waves
Currently Playing:some games
XBL:BugleHawkeM
PSN:BugleHawkeM
Re: KOF XII Official Rant Thread

Post by Bugle/Hawk'M » Fri May 08, 2009 08:04

EO mode is uhhhh. Covers look good. I really like this Elizabeth and Mature. The eyepatch is odd though. Considering that all the other characters in the game are alive by canon and basically good to go for the next story game, does this mean that they plan on bringing her back? Did she live through Iori's riot of whatever? Did he skullfuck her?

BP
hunted by pedo police
A.K.A.:Leader of the Yoruzuya Dan
Currently Playing:Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, KoF XIII

Post by BP » Fri May 08, 2009 08:45

Haha, yeah, the JP boxarts are way better. Love the 360 one the most.

Trailer's pretty good! Liz and Mature look and animate well, it seems. As for the DLC, I wonder if it'll be character related...

Apathy Wind
Maxed Out?!
A.K.A.:PS3 Crap Shoot
Currently Playing:no whammies, no whammies...

Post by Apathy Wind » Fri May 08, 2009 23:08

Mature!!! Fan-fuckin-tastic! And she looks all Elle (Kill Bill) with her eyepatch too - awesome. And damn, her God Press DM looks freakin incredible!!!

Oh course the best part of Mature's inclusion is the fact that I highly anticipate the eventual (XIII?) return of my beloved Vice - in redrawn glory of course. Can't have one without the other (screw you CvS)

Elizabeth is a nice (albeit totally unsurprising) addition
Bugle/Hawk'M wrote:Did he skullfuck her?
Oh my God - that is too funny....

Tiamat
Powering up...24%
Powering up...24%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by Tiamat » Sun May 10, 2009 02:35

I'm sure some of you came to a similar conclusion but I figured I'd share my thoughts on the K and Mai issue.

I managed to track down what I think is the original source and now it all makes sense. http://kofaniv.snkplaymore.co.jp/top_j.html
Notice the original source for the art is not a KOF12 site specifically, even if it is the same artist who does the KOF12 artwork. I see maxima and blue mary there too. They must have done the art ahead of time but the actual characters for the game aren't ready. People saw the art (myself included) and made too big of an assumption.

Bugle/Hawk'M
Wyler is my God!!!

Post by Bugle/Hawk'M » Sun May 10, 2009 04:44

Isn't the other art in the background from 2002 UM? Maybe the K' and Mai art were just rejected portraits.

SonicTempest
Posts too much
A.K.A.:>8|
Currently Playing:Dark Souls II
XBL:SonicTempest84
PSN:SonicTempest

Post by SonicTempest » Sun May 10, 2009 05:08

Well the official press release for the KOFXII console versions says there will be 22 characters, so I guess that's all we're getting at release:
http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/press_rel ... hp?num=199" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My guess is they were updating the Anniversary site, decided to move from KOFXI art to KOFXII art, realised they didn't have KOFXII-style art for K' and Mai and got Ogura to whip some up.

Apathy Wind
Maxed Out?!
A.K.A.:PS3 Crap Shoot
Currently Playing:no whammies, no whammies...

Post by Apathy Wind » Sun May 10, 2009 09:07

I thought I read somewhere that the console versions of XII would have downloadable content. If that's true than I'm looking at Mai and K' as DLC. After all, additional characters are generally the most logical choice for DLC in a fighter. Unless of course you're talking about XII specifically - then the top choice would obviously be an end boss.

Fuu
hunted by pedo police
Currently Playing:by ear
PSN:OswaldK9o

Post by Fuu » Sun May 10, 2009 11:24

Bugle/Hawk'M wrote:Isn't the other art in the background from 2002 UM? Maybe the K' and Mai art were just rejected portraits.
yeah actually i dunno, it'd just strike at me as very clumsy to just add such portraits and not having them in XII, but then again being a big dummy is part of the SNKP appeal.
But ehi, between 2k2um portraits we see Geese whom is a OMG SECRET CHARACTER in that game! So maybe, just maybe...

SonicTempest
Posts too much

Post by SonicTempest » Mon May 11, 2009 19:30

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_7798_en.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

HD trailer for the game, ripped from the Xbox Live Marketplace.

Tiamat
Powering up...24%
Powering up...24%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by Tiamat » Fri May 22, 2009 04:54

Thankfully Ignition is considering using the JP boxarts now.

http://forums.ignitionusa.net/showthread.php?t=726" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

most Americans REALLY hate Ash but the JP covers are winning anyway

Foxhole
DESU!
A.K.A.:Himono Onna/Easy Prey
Currently Playing:with Atenolol.
PSN:ELT-Jurippe

Post by Foxhole » Fri May 22, 2009 09:41

Isn't it obvious? Americans hate the gays!

SonicTempest
Posts too much

Post by SonicTempest » Thu May 28, 2009 19:47

Can't do sprite rips from the game? Well maybe Flash is good enough:
http://kofaniv.snkplaymore.co.jp/info/1 ... /index.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

KOFXII 2D Dot graphics gallery.

Interestingly enough if you look at the sprites at '100%' size they don't seem to be drawn with a 720p native resolution in mind. I guess SNKP couldn't kick the old upscaling habit after all.

Bugle/Hawk'M
Wyler is my God!!!

Post by Bugle/Hawk'M » Thu May 28, 2009 20:09

There are (what I think are) new screenshots from the console versions up on Gamespot.

Fuu
hunted by pedo police
Currently Playing:by ear
PSN:OswaldK9o

Post by Fuu » Sun May 31, 2009 11:42

SonicTempest wrote:Can't do sprite rips from the game? Well maybe Flash is good enough:
http://kofaniv.snkplaymore.co.jp/info/1 ... /index.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Interestingly enough if you look at the sprites at '100%' size they don't seem to be drawn with a 720p native resolution in mind. I guess SNKP couldn't kick the old upscaling habit after all.
I really don't understand what they're trying to accomplish by reiterating how the used 3d models as bases. The masses will be lol wut anyway, and 2d aficionados like me will just think of it as an impurity of sort. It could be argued that KOF always went for sorta realistic animation and proportions(unlike the "pop and stretch" typical of American animation and some Capcom games like say Darkstalkers and SF3) so using 3d models is just really there to accentuate consistency, but even then something hardly worthy of advertising.

khdu
More power! ...51%
More power! ...51%

Post by khdu » Sun May 31, 2009 21:43

SonicTempest wrote:Can't do sprite rips from the game? Well maybe Flash is good enough:

http://kingoffighters.planets.gamespy.c ... f=7&t=2627" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It was pretty hard to make them, especially Kyo and Elisabeth. Still couldn't make Ash however.