KOF XII Official Rant Thread

General discussion, rants etc here!
Yuki Yagami
Wyler is my God!!!
A.K.A.:a "trader" and a "messenger"
Currently Playing:...with someone's mind...
Re: KOF XII Official Rant Thread

Post by Yuki Yagami » Mon Aug 24, 2009 15:58

I can say it's fake, Mai's name should have been displayed as MAI SHIRANUI rather than MAI, like other Characters like LEONA HEIDERN, RALF JONES or CLARK STILL have names displayed "in full".

Gunsmith
Posts too much
A.K.A.:<3 dead French characters
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Ni No Kuni, Yatagarasu, P4A
XBL:Orochi Gunsmith
PSN:Gunsmith-ON

Post by Gunsmith » Mon Aug 24, 2009 18:09

KIM

I heard it was due to racism! :o

Frederick
Mode Change!
Mode Change!

Post by Frederick » Tue Aug 25, 2009 04:11

Wasn't it Clark Steel....

They scared of Kim Kaphwan? how da heck was dat racist? unless they put decided to call him Kimchi klapshands............

checks ebay for cheap kof 12s...............

wtf why is kof selling at regular or near retarded gamestop price on it! blasphemy!

what? there's always ggpo kof for non underwater kof 98 (ya my fav) and you get treated to the sight of watching some moron spamming 9898989898989898 jajajajajajaja

the patch is still so far off in my mind. End of august? the game came out in july 28. Now I know snk doesn't have the resources of capcom or sammy but still a whole month of letting your customers suffer underwater kof? that is just wrong. plus it sounded like the netpatch update wasn't even tested properly when they tested locally for it from what i read at the ignition forums lol. they should have been testing between like japan between europe, usa, taiwan, china.

wow bahamas? that's new. didn't see that in my hunt for just a room to play in. search results are generally 3 or 4 pages at peak hours and most of them are red bars!!!!!!!! weeeeeeeee

it is very annoying. some idiot came in and just sat there after a yellow bar match. host put on the headphone and tried to explain to him politely to get out it will lag but doesn't listen for 5 minutes. i left and did more searching and went back to the room because it was the only yellow bar room in the results and saw the idiot was still there for at least 10 minutes. that patch seriously better have a kick someone option and a leave while spectacting button (I'm sitting through an entire boring match just because i popped into the room right when they start)

Yuki Yagami
Wyler is my God!!!

Post by Yuki Yagami » Tue Aug 25, 2009 04:39

Gunsmith wrote:KIM

I heard it was due to racism! :o
That is what SNKP officially call him now.

They dropped the name KAPHWAN, there were various reasons. I guess one of the reasons has something to do with the real Kim Kaphwan (who was the president of Viccom, which distributed SNK games in Korea in the 90's and the developer of Fight Fever) from what I heard.

STEEL became STILL, I think this was because of Superman. (CLARK Kent, Man of STEEL) SNKP did not want to cross paths with DC Comics, so they swerved back and changed it to STILL. But these are urban legends why they are called like that now.

SonicTempest
Posts too much
A.K.A.:>8|
Currently Playing:Dark Souls II
XBL:SonicTempest84
PSN:SonicTempest

Post by SonicTempest » Sun Jan 10, 2010 05:56

So Gamespot's GOTY awards are already decided but I saw this afterwards and lol'd heartily:
http://forums.ignitionusa.net/showthread.php?t=2054" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Yuki Yagami
Wyler is my God!!!

Post by Yuki Yagami » Mon Jan 18, 2010 16:10

May not be the thread to post an obituary...

Raiden's Seiyuu in KOF XII has passed away...

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... asses-away" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(Also known to play as Mr. Satan in DBZ, Heihachi in Tekken, etc.)

Looks like Raiden will be re-voiced in XIII if he reappears.

Condolences.

Gunsmith
Posts too much
A.K.A.:<3 dead French characters
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Ni No Kuni, Yatagarasu, P4A
XBL:Orochi Gunsmith
PSN:Gunsmith-ON

Post by Gunsmith » Tue Jan 19, 2010 21:17

That's sad. Stick on the front page so everyone knows.