New project - Best KOF2K2 May Lee Tutorial EVER!!!

Combos, bugs, tutorials videos for KOF 2002
Alternate275
I'm not a bot! :3
I'm not a bot! :3
A.K.A.:Korean Panda
Currently Playing:VF5, GGAC, MvC2, KOF2K2um
XBL:Alternate275
PSN:Can't afford PS3
New project - Best KOF2K2 May Lee Tutorial EVER!!!

Post by Alternate275 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 16:02

May Lee Mixtape

Attention Orochinagi and 2K2 MayLee players!!! I'd like to bring attention to the wondrous character, MayLee. It has been brought to my attention that some KOF players have interest in the character MayLee but, however may be to intimidated to play/learn how to play as her. Well I want to help remedy this side-effect with a tutorial video. I however cannot do this myself, so I need your help!

This is a new May Lee tutorial video project and the goal will be to cover as many in-depth aspects of May Lee as possible to provide the best tutorial ever!!! The tutorial will cover (in no particular order yet) these elements:

1) Moveset/Movelist in both stances (normals, specials, and supers)
2) Anti Airs and anti crossups
3) Defense - Blowback combos
4) Crossups
5) Exploits
6) Block strings, Tick throws, guard crush tactics
7) Mixups
8) Blowback baits
9) Setups and traps
10) Combos, Back Turned combos, Counter hit combos, blowback combos, BC/Max/Free cancel combos, etc.

You can contribute by submitting your own clips (Be it combos, glitches, tactics, etc). Anybody who contributes will of course be credited in the video. Although, there are a few requirements:

1) There must not be *ANY* Background music playing. Only the sound effects. No BGM!!!
2) I would prefer if all submissions were a savestate file. I ask for this so to keep the dimensions the same throughout all clips.
3) A name attached to the submission so that it may be credited properly.
4) If you're using Kawaks, please make sure there aren't any screen messages that display during actions in the clip.

The reason I ask for no BGM is because I plan on using a separate soundtrack/BGM for this tutorial. Advice/suggestions are welcome, though I already had ideas such as:

Darude - Sandstorm
Alice DJ - You're better off alone
DJ Mangoo - Eurodancer
Sash - Ecuador
ATC - Around the world (The most amazing remixes ever)
ATB - Ayla

Personally I feel that MayLee dresses something of a Raver, so that's what I was going for. Although no track has been decided yet. So those of you who are worried about the music, don't worry :P

All submissions end on the last week of October.

Some May Lee videos
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZZKeC2V0f0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIH5S7SVIh4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-IAsCqeXaY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Gunsmith
Posts too much
A.K.A.:<3 dead French characters
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Ni No Kuni, Yatagarasu, P4A
XBL:Orochi Gunsmith
PSN:Gunsmith-ON

Re: New project - Best KOF2K2 May Lee Tutorial EVER!!!

Post by Gunsmith » Wed Sep 02, 2009 16:52

Just wanted to say good luck with this! Let us know how it goes!