Charging...23%
Charging...23%
A.K.A.:The God
Currently Playing:XI
XBL:Hootsjay13
PSN:Verbal__Hologram
PSN review:KOF99 perspective

Post by Exodus » Thu Sep 16, 2010 17:35

King of fighters 99 is a direct port of the psx verison of kof99. The only slight change is that if you decide to play this game on your psp, you can enjoy using the analog stick(which is barely better than ps3 d-pad. Now let's get to the matter at hand. I believe this game deserves a second go round if you played kof99 in the past, while it's not the DC version. For 5.99 your getting alot of game. You have your standard 3on3 with an addtional striker, single play, and a survival game mode. That's the gameplay features, the others include a nice color edit you sink hours in, a galley with many diverse artworks, and voice galley which is nice if you like inmating your characters. The character roster is rather good with the debut of the nonchalant K', which also marks the story of the Nests plotline. While this is inferior to all the other 2ks, it easlily attained through the store, as opposed to trying gain hard copy versions of the 2k seris(2002um xbla hurry up). During the time of it's release as a full priced psx title it was given sub-par rating. But now with the new price tag, added verstility(psp) it gives this title a new perspective. Even though the game is lacking some animation frames, it a good deal for it's price. I'd advise you to play this on the psp if you own one, the smaller screen does wonders in my eyes. In conclusion, if you can spare some money for this one you have a real bargin on your hands. My final point is kofxii whi h was so lacking is charged at 59 in Canada(tipoff), now contrast that to this title and make choice.

Zamora
Powering up...89%
Powering up...89%
A.K.A.:Zamo
Currently Playing:MGO, PES 2011, KOF XII(hella rusty)
PSN:acesamora

Re: PSN review:KOF99 perspective

Post by Zamora » Wed Dec 01, 2010 22:46

i do have to say for 5.99, yeah its a good get, especially if your bored and want a challenge(i dont remember Krizalid being such a power spammer *sweatdrop )

The Master
Almost there! ...9%
Almost there! ...9%
A.K.A.:For Great JUSTICE!
Currently Playing:KOF 13, Tekken 6
XBL:Vlad Draulea
PSN:NYCYakuzaKyo

Re: PSN review:KOF99 perspective

Post by The Master » Mon Feb 21, 2011 23:51

my note: The PS version of KOF 99 is missing alot of frames. this does throw off certian things, but aside, it's decent enough