Need some help in KOF2k2...

Guides / FAQs / Tutorials with Videos per character for Tougeki Arcade/ 360, Ps2 and Neogeo
Xenogias
Maxed Out! SDM time!
Maxed Out! SDM time!
A.K.A.:Turned ON
Need some help in KOF2k2...

Post by Xenogias » Fri Nov 25, 2005 03:59

I would posted this in the Vanessa thread or something, but it mostly regards the PS2 version of the game as well...

Its not like me to ask for help, but i've been thinking about getting into KOF2k2, however. I only own the game on the PS2 (KOF02/03).

I was wondering if any of the BC Combos were possible in the PS2 version? Cause well, to put it simply, I can play the game... I just dont know how to do BC Cancel Combos with certain characters. For example, Kyo is easy.

But when I try to start up Vanessa's BC Cancel combo it seems near impossible. These are the following obstacles blocking me w/ Vanessa:

Problem #1:
I've read alot of combos for Vanessa, and i've attempted them, they all usually start up on standing C (close), BC (Activate), Standing C > f+A, etc. etc. But the truth is when I activate BC after close range C, Vanessa gets pushed back a good distance, causing me to miss the 2nd Standing C.

I found a couple of solutions to this... First attack I do is Standing D(Close) instead of C, it allows me to connect Standing C after BC activation if I do it immediately after BC Cancel. The other solution is Standing C, BC Activate, and Standing C immediately, she does the far standing C, instead of the close range standing C and -sometimes- I can connect f+A from the far standing C...

Its wierd however, cause from the combo vids i've seen, I shouldn't be getting this problem (where Vanessa gets pushed back).

Problem #2
I got this going on:
s.C (Close), f+A, BC Activate, s.C (Close), f+A, hcf+C, dp+A

After that little combo, I seem to lose priority in my attacks, and nothing else connects afterwards... Can someone help me out?! I love Vanessa but I cant do her beastly combos! :-(

The only reason why im bothering to play with Vanessa in KOF2k2 NOW is because im loving her even more in KOFXI. I play KOF2k2 once in a while but thats only when I wanna play Vanessa and Angel :/

But I love Vanessa, she's a goddess.

</end of worship>

RMK
Is it a bot?

Post by RMK » Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:44

you have to always do stC into fwdA, in order to connect another stC after BC cancel... after fwdA Vanessa remains so close that you actually don't need to run, you can just walk if you want.

as regard the second problem, her main BC combo consists in cancelling hcfP on the last hit before the uppercut into qcfB (short teleport); last hit of hcfP will give the opponent so much hitstun that you'll be able to connect another standing C, and repeat the whole combo till your MAX mode bar finishes (then you can dm or other combo of your choice). this will usually be 100% damage.

her other main BC combo is about her guard crash special move: qcfB fwdC. second hit is cancellable into dpP (both versions), so you can guard crash them into dpA (1st hit) into dpC cancelled with qcfB, then qcf*2+P. this is a free 50% combo ON BLOCK. Vanessa is a BC monster...

Xenogias
Maxed Out! SDM time!
Maxed Out! SDM time!

Post by Xenogias » Fri Nov 25, 2005 14:44

RMK wrote:as regard the second problem, her main BC combo consists in cancelling hcfP on the last hit before the uppercut into qcfB (short teleport); last hit of hcfP will give the opponent so much hitstun that you'll be able to connect another standing C, and repeat the whole combo till your MAX mode bar finishes (then you can dm or other combo of your choice). this will usually be 100% damage.
Yeah I actually figured this out last night, I kept doing short teleport into even more body body uppers' though.

I also figured out that doing C>f+A while close will leave her close to the opponent (I figured this out during the time I made this post if you didn't notice the combo chain I got down before the end of that post :P).

So im just doing:
s.C(Close), f+A (BC) s.C(Close), f+A > hcf+C, qcf+b [REPEAT]

?
I was actually looking for a short damaging combo, I dont like to go "allstar" with combos. When im in a tournament or playing casuals I always use short but damaging combos since im just looking forward to winning, however, although this combo's input sequence is short by being repeatative... Guess I can give this a shot.

Thanks for the tips, however, that guard crush combo looks useful :D RMK.

Im no mexican but its time to beast down on my friends (I can beat them for free with a team of Kyo, Vanessa and Daimon, but I never pull off flashy combos with them unless its Kyo, with Vanessa I got my own short lilttle non-BC combos, which are common but still effective).

Oh yeah, I recently started getting into Kensou...

Anyone got anything on him? The only combo i've seen, is when enemy is cornered: reverse dp+B, cancel into qcf+a(in air), repeat?

I forgot, that combo is vaguely familier now, I cant remember.

RMK
Is it a bot?

Post by RMK » Sat Nov 26, 2005 17:07

Xenogias wrote: s.C(Close), f+A (BC) s.C(Close), f+A > hcf+C, qcf+b [REPEAT]

?
I was actually looking for a short damaging combo, I dont like to go "allstar" with combos. When im in a tournament or playing casuals I always use short but damaging combos since im just looking forward to winning, however, although this combo's input sequence is short by being repeatative... Guess I can give this a shot.
Vanessa's BC combos are pretty long and articulated, but not so hard to perform imho. mastering them is just too important, cause the damage is so high...

her other non-BC combos are also very strong; damage on her juggle crC into charge bck, fwdA into jump CD or teleport => dm is insane! remember also she can combo qcf*2P after dpA in corners. another cool combo from lows is:

crB, fwdA, qcbA, stC, fwdA...

you can end it as you prefer: specials, dm... or you can go for her usual BC combo ;)