Best character to corner someone with

Guides / FAQs / Tutorials with Videos per character for Tougeki Arcade/ 360, Ps2 and Neogeo

(read topic title)

Ryuji Yamazaki
17%
K9999
42%
Iori Yagami
17%
Clark
8%
Vice
8%
Billy Kane
8%
Athena
No votes
Chris(regular)
No votes

Total votes: 12

Archedgar
Mode Change!
Mode Change!
A.K.A.:Turned ON
Best character to corner someone with

Post by Archedgar » Sun Sep 04, 2005 05:46

I've had good results from edging someone into the corner as K9999, but I've had some of my characters devastated from being pushed into it by Yamazaki.

It would be nice to have 'the people's opinion on who is the most dangerous character to be cornered by and conversely the best to corner someone with.

Most characters gain some sort of edge when having someone in the corner, such as Basic K' and Kula Diamond, however, they can't quite butcher someone the way Yamazaki can(for example). So I excluded most characters who don't horribly ravage a cornered opponent(Chang, Shermie, Kyo, Vannessa all have 'good' corner games but are not 'as' good to be 'the best' in that situation).

Vice Vecta
Almost there! ...74%
Almost there! ...74%

Post by Vice Vecta » Sun Sep 04, 2005 16:55

Vice, one of the best. :smile:

Catching an empty bar opponent with a constant barrage of short-jumped Outrages (jump qcb + B/D), it's an ensured pain! And if lands or jumps, BLAM! a multi-hit juggle combo can be inflicted!! Outrage, Rave's fest (qcb + b), Charge (qcb + A), Mithan's Robe (hcf + A).

Poking with d + A works, looking for opening to combine with Charge (qcb + A) and running with a quick grapple can keep your opponent guessing.

Kane is also a great player for cornering. Besides his unholy d + A, the pole twirling, f + A are great moves to corner up. Not to mention that if you manage to connect the C, dp + D INMEDIATELLY you should pull qcf hcb + A!

But the best thing of Kane, if you go into combo is d + Bx3, A, f + A, d + C (critical timing required!), MAX, run, C, dp + D, qcf hcb + A!! THAT'S CRISPY!!!

BTW, forgot to mention a great corner character: Kensou, specially with his multi-hit D, f + B, D, f + B, D, any special. His fireball, overhead moves, long range sweep and 3 hit attack are good pressure points in corner.

shen_vs_galford
Charging...15%
Charging...15%

Post by shen_vs_galford » Thu Feb 02, 2006 09:24

a cheap player that keeps doing f+A at me just so much annoys me, especially if i have no power bars. :-P

Element_Pollo
Charging...8%
Charging...8%

Post by Element_Pollo » Tue Mar 21, 2006 05:01

Well, I use K' alot, and beginer players do fall for it

Some friend of mine always uses Leona to corner me and beat the crap out of me, using the Jump B+C and then B+C on the ground again and again
pisses me off

ken_garou
Charging...15%
Charging...15%

The best

Post by ken_garou » Fri Apr 14, 2006 07:09

To me the best to corner opponents is using Athena or Billy. It is really hard if you do get trapped by them. Not to mention Iori too.

alfmartinez
I'm not a bot! :3
I'm not a bot! :3

Post by alfmartinez » Fri May 05, 2006 02:33

k' is not only usefull against begginner players
he's one of the bests cornering, but beside him i prefer k9999
if you use it with concious, you simply can't escape

Wolfie
Almost there! ...99%
Almost there! ...99%
A.K.A.:I am single & available
Currently Playing:Meself
PSN:yummymochi

Post by Wolfie » Fri May 05, 2006 10:06

Huh, where is Takuma option??

J]-[UN
More power! ...6%
More power! ...6%

Post by J]-[UN » Wed Jun 21, 2006 06:56

Angel. Nuff' said.

Her entire game revolves around making the opponent freak out once he's near a corner.

DarkFuine
Charging...15%
Charging...15%
Currently Playing:King of Fighters, MySims, Harvest Moon, Tekken 5, Makai Kingdom, Sacred Gold
Location:...I sleep...deep...at the bottom....of all....darkness...

Re: Best character to corner someone with

Post by DarkFuine » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:59

Ryuji and Iori are good to corner someone, but I think the master is K9999. If you start the combat with good moves and drive the foe back with heavy slashes, then there is really no escape anymore.