2k2 - (Ryuji) Yamazaki

Guides / FAQs / Tutorials with Videos per character for Tougeki Arcade/ 360, Ps2 and Neogeo
Archedgar
Mode Change!
Mode Change!
A.K.A.:Turned ON
2k2 - (Ryuji) Yamazaki

Post by Archedgar » Sun Sep 04, 2005 05:35

Old Yamazaki info

Yamazaki is indeed one of the more versatile characters in the game, having a solid ground game, good air game, a command throw, a standing overhead attack, great pokes, high priority, lovely max mode potential and quite possibly the best character to corner someone with... possibly.

Poke combo off of B is something like:

"Crouch Ax2, stand A, QCB + A/B/C"(depending on character size, B/C may miss)

'Stapple' combo from close C is something like:

"Close C, DP + K, QCB + A/B/C"
"Close C, Forward + A, QCB + B"
"Close C, DP + P"

His sadomazo(counter) can counter pretty much any mid/upper attack in the game, however, it is the SLOWEST counterattack in 2002 and can be dodged with a well timed roll, that's not to say its not useful, far from it.

Yamazaki seems to have a tough time against Billy Kane, I myself don't think he has any other real trouble matches(Leona maybe?).

If I had to set up a tier specifically, I'd say that Yamazaki is at the same level as Ryo, edging close to the high tier, but not quite making it, due to the higher tier characters sometimes having an absurdly broken aspect to them(Leona close D combo potential for example) while Yamazaki remains in check for the most part.

I'd say he is at about 60-65%, if you take Billy Kane/Athena as 100% and Seth/Mature as 0%.

Discuss, the Orochi that(apparently) beat up Geese Howard in 1997.

Empyrian
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Empyrian » Sun Sep 04, 2005 06:02

To all those interested in using Yamazaki, please go to this thread instead.

For you: Understand half of the thread and *maybe* the discussion can get more constructive.

Archedgar
Mode Change!
Mode Change!
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by Archedgar » Sun Sep 04, 2005 06:20

Empyrian wrote: For you: Understand half of the thread and *maybe* the discussion can get more constructive.
Someone somewhere seems to be a bit dense

Some people actually like to add something about the character and not just give us links of old locked threads...

Not that the information isn't useful , some people do make some valid points.

DarkFuine
Charging...15%
Charging...15%
Currently Playing:King of Fighters, MySims, Harvest Moon, Tekken 5, Makai Kingdom, Sacred Gold
Location:...I sleep...deep...at the bottom....of all....darkness...

Re: 2k2 - (Ryuji) Yamazaki

Post by DarkFuine » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:18

That's right Archedgar. Do you know how to unleache the first SuperMove of Yamazaki? I've tried it a hundred times but I nevergot it right >.< Can you help me?

To Yamazaki. He is the strongest character I know. If you use his moves with endurance and perfect control, no one could beat him. I tested it in NeoWave. I've won against my brother and sisters (1 brother and 6 sisters), against my old schoolmates (29 people) and against my uncle, who loves fighting games like KoF or Street Fighter. They may not be pro's, but my sisters are really strong. Yamazaki could be really the most strongest fighter, but I'm only one of so many good fighters in this world, so I can't say if it's true.