KOF 2002 - Vice

Guides / FAQs / Tutorials with Videos per character for Tougeki Arcade/ 360, Ps2 and Neogeo
Archedgar
Mode Change!
Mode Change!
A.K.A.:Turned ON
KOF 2002 - Vice

Post by Archedgar » Mon Aug 15, 2005 08:00

Old Vice information

Vice, while widely considered a pure grappler, is in reality, closer to a hybrid grappler form, similar to that of Ramon and Maxima.

She is creditted to having, arguably, the second best air to air moveset in the game, only trumped by Ramon and his godly jump CD. This comes at the cost of decent air to ground attacks however.

While she was regarded as being 'overpowered' by some, it has been argued that she is one of the truly balanced characters in the game, with a solid air game and ground game and no overly powerful moves, her basic combos are quite damaging, and her ground priority is similar, though slightly inferior, to Clark, who has one of the highest priority movesets in the game, so it is not said lightly that she is similar to him.

She has a decent poke combo off of her crouch B(to crouch A, to QCB + A) and her standard close combo off of Close D does impressive damage.

Vice seems to have some trouble against the top tier team(Athena, Billy Kane, Choi), however, the same could be said of all characters, but this is especially true with Vice. While she carries a certain 'edge' against other characters such as Yashiro, for example.

Although Vice has good air to air, and decent combos, her utility moves are also fairly nice, by utility I mean: her pokes, her far stand B is lovely and her far stand C is quite useful and her special moves, her QCB + P is rather useful, it can punish a lot of moves that would otherwise be 'unpunishable'(duh).

If I really had to pinpoint her place in tiers, I would say, she is middle tier, under Leona and Vannessa, above Seth and Mature, although that's not saying much since Seth and Mature are widely regarded as the worst characters...

Anyway , discuss Vice, a character with no(apparent) surname.

Yeah, I won 41-42(I don't remember exactly) games in a row today, woo hoo. Some guy actually followed me just to congratulate me on my 'victory', not that this has anything to do with Vice, I just felt like adding it for no particular reason.

Actually, in all fairness, about 10 of those were just random kids around age 8-14, and women, which as we all know, are RARELY if EVER.. well you get the idea... but... ohh ahhh... well, I'm happy, so who cares. :salute:

Empyrian
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Empyrian » Wed Aug 17, 2005 05:44

Personally, I think Takuma's jump CD is better than Vice's. But oh well.

Some other stuff to add about Vice.

She is the few rare characters with very good normal moves across the board. Almost all of her normal moves have pretty good priority and are excellent pokes.

Moves to take note of:

Down B and D. Far C/D and Close D. Stand CD is awesome too.

She has been compared more often to O.Yashiro as they can be played similarly. While general consenus do point that she is better than him, he is used more often as he is easier to scrub out a victory.

Most people should have some inkling of her obscene grabs so I suppose there is no need to elaborate on them.

She has perhaps the easiest BC combos in the game. (then again she has only that *one* combo. >_<)

Stand D, BC, Stand D, (S)DM.

My personal favourite BC combo would be the F+A, BC to stand D, (S)DM. If you are not confident enough, F+A can be comboed straight into grab DM too.

Kara cancelling or Down D, delayed F+A (so as to retain its overhead properties) also works pretty well.

Archedgar
Mode Change!
Mode Change!

Post by Archedgar » Wed Aug 17, 2005 08:38

I agree with most of what you(empyrian) said, MOST of it.

Her Stand CD I find, is slow and leaves her open, not to mention it has blind spots when you do 'CD counter' for 1 stock, I,e, it outright whiffs for no apparent reason.

Her down D is has recovery, and I would advise against using it often, although it can be canceled into her Forward A, for lovely results, as you(empyrian) said.

Its better than Iori's(at times) at least.

Good info that I missed btw...

Empyrian
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Empyrian » Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:59

You are supposed to cancel the stand CD and down D...

Archedgar
Mode Change!
Mode Change!

Post by Archedgar » Wed Aug 17, 2005 15:16

Empyrian wrote:You are supposed to cancel the stand CD and down D...
Clearly, I mentioned the cancels, however, the moves , standing alone, are pretty inferior to others of the same type, Chris's crouch D for example, or Whip's CD...

Empyrian
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Empyrian » Sat Aug 20, 2005 13:18

When you mentioned cancels, you were talking about the kara cancelling of down D to F+A.

When I say you are supposed to cancel the down D and stand CD, I meant that you can cancel them into her qcb punch or hcf kick.

Stand CD's hitbox is on her fist, that's why some moves like Aoi Hana can go through and the CD gets whiffed.

If you are complaining about her "sucky" stand CD or down D or why you should cancel them to the above moves, then you need to play her more.
Good info that I missed btw...
Of course you know all this. You know everything. You just happened to forget to type them out.

Vice Vecta
Almost there! ...74%
Almost there! ...74%

Post by Vice Vecta » Tue Aug 30, 2005 00:37

Yeah, definitelly everything said about my Vicey is correct.

And about the CD matter, I must agree that it's kinda slow, and, although can be cancelled, the moves which can be canceled are not really good for a poke (maybe just as a poke, the DaCide (hcf + b/d), but if the punch hits in counter, the DaCide does not connect) neither for connect anything after counter.

Forgot to mention the wonderful range the Outrage (air qcb + b/d) has, specially if you coonect it in the corner with a jumping opponent (you can unleash a pretty nice combo with outrage (air qcb + b), rave's fest (qcb + b), tackle (qcb + a) and mithan's robe (hcf + a) :)

ken_garou
Charging...15%
Charging...15%

Vice

Post by ken_garou » Sun Jan 15, 2006 16:44

Her Dacide(hcf B/D) is really a great move to use as it throws you opponent in the corner and you can immediately dash in and perform LOTS of nasty mindgames on him. Anyone who gets trap by a vey good and experience Vice player is more or less DEAD. :)

shen_vs_galford
Charging...15%
Charging...15%

Post by shen_vs_galford » Thu Feb 02, 2006 09:21

ya, Decide is a good way to catch some people off guard. Plus it makes up for her other moves that need to be close to hit.