Universal way to beat 2002 Rugal?

Guides / FAQs / Tutorials with Videos per character for Tougeki Arcade/ 360, Ps2 and Neogeo
7d3j
Almost there! ...52%
Almost there! ...52%
Universal way to beat 2002 Rugal?

Post by 7d3j » Sat Aug 06, 2005 16:29

Before anything else, I've read the old thread and could make no sense of it. :(

How for example, can one beat Rugal with Clark? I KEEP getting whacked.

Is there a universal way? I know of the projectile bug, which I use when fighting using Iori, but what of people like Ralf, Takuma and maybe even Terry?

SonicTempest
Posts too much
A.K.A.:>8|
Currently Playing:Dark Souls II
XBL:SonicTempest84
PSN:SonicTempest

Post by SonicTempest » Sat Aug 06, 2005 16:37

For Terry, anticipate when he's going to toss out his Reppuken and hyper hop forward CD to counter.

Other than that, the general gameplan of super jump CD over his head, let him whiff Genocide Cutter, combo as he comes down should work, I think. Then again, I don't play vs CPU much so I might be wrong on the specifics.

EDIT: And this should be in the 2002 forum. *click*

EDIT#2: This thread might help

Archedgar
Mode Change!
Mode Change!
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by Archedgar » Sun Aug 07, 2005 07:37

I didn't read the linked thread, but the way I beat Rugal in 2002 is through cross ups.

If you cross up properly he will generally do Genocide cutter behind you, thus giving you a free hit with extra counter damage.

Well, this is on top of the typical: 'Wait until he does his B Genocide cutter and then punish'.
Is there a universal way? I know of the projectile bug, which I use when fighting using Iori, but what of people like Ralf, Takuma and maybe even Terry?
As Kula Diamond and Billy Kane, again, I stick to crossing up, not to mention he leaves himself way open when he does his Kaiser wave, he never fully charges it so you can predict when he will release.

The most important thing IMO, is to NOT poke Rugal with 'normal' moves like Choi's close A, or try to chip damage with moves like Takuma's kicks. That will always get you Genocide Cutter'ed.

bluebird47
Charging...99%
Charging...99%

Post by bluebird47 » Sun Aug 07, 2005 08:32

it's easy. just invoke him to do that stupid start up genocide thing [the one before cutter], and u can counter it. 90% of the time, just jump backwards with a jump Kick and he'll start it up. then just stand there and he will attempt to follow up [hitting nothing] with that slashy downwards thing he does that uses the same slashy sprites as the genocide cutter crap. the moment he's done with that or right before he does the slashy thing downwards and makes that moaning sound, u can roll over and toss him with grabbers or combo with someone who combos. if u have a projectile user the moment he starts spazzing out with that slashy crap u can throw a projectile anytime and then jump back kick again, he'll start spazzing out again. only throw a projectile or attempt anything when he's spazzing out though, block when he's throwing repukens, coz u cant beat his kaizer wave.

seriously, 2002 rugal ai is an idiot. its 98 rugal who has at least some sort of variation.

Photon
More power! ...25%
More power! ...25%

Post by Photon » Sun Aug 14, 2005 17:03

Kaiser Wave can be reflected, but it's damn hard.

Indeed, it's all about baiting the "Breeds Destruction (the hcb+K move) " and the Gen Cutter.

OT: Chang > Rugal '98 like you wouldn't believe. Rugal teleporting into the startup of Chang's b,f+P = comedy.

r3v3n4nT
Cancel Combo Mode
A.K.A.:YOUR DAD.
Currently Playing:YOUR ASS.

Post by r3v3n4nT » Sun Aug 14, 2005 17:12

OT: Chang > Rugal '98 like you wouldn't believe. Rugal teleporting into the startup of Chang's b,f+P = comedy.
that trick worked since '96, he's like the ultimate Goenitz/Orochi/Kriz/Rugal killing machine. pick him everytime i cant finish final boss, u dont need the trick to beat 00 Zero though considering how sucky he was, but Igniz on the other hand... meh.

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 22, 2005 07:43

if you run at rugal with any character, He almost always jumps at you, so al you need to do is anti air or some uppercut type attack.

Vice Vecta
Almost there! ...74%
Almost there! ...74%

Post by Vice Vecta » Tue Aug 30, 2005 00:46

Meh, Shin Rugal in 2002 is not that difficult!

In fact, a way I always kick his :moon: is either when he's unleashing his reppu ken's, jumping with CD or wait till he does his destruction beads and INMEDIATELLY he finish his 3rd kick, roll behind him because pretty sure he'll unleash a B genocide cutter (in that moment you are behind him ready to pummel him to death with a nice combo)! LOL

There's another funny way to bitch him with Ramon, for example. When he goes back to throw his reppu ken's, just do the hcf + b/d, it's 80% sure you'll grab him (you'll pass by the Reppu ken), the other 20% he'll short jump to you to grab you from behind, but, as your mtion of the dashing grab is done as soon he lands, you just grapple him with hcf + a/c and inmediatelly dash back so he'll throw his reppu ken's again. Lots of fun!

As a side note, he's my favourite punching bag for combos, actually! :)

Post by Guest » Sun Sep 04, 2005 03:42

Dai Jump over him when he tosses a reppuken or kaiser wave, you'll jump over safely everytime when he tries to hit you with genocide cutter. Just stand there and watch him come down to earth. Then, punish him as he lands with severe combos. :wink:

DropDeadEd
Charging...23%
Charging...23%

Post by DropDeadEd » Sun Sep 04, 2005 03:44

Indeed.

Dark Geese
Mode Change!
Mode Change!

Post by Dark Geese » Tue Dec 06, 2005 16:13

Bait him into doing his GCutter then you can Roll and Throw..he will get up and do it again..in other words get a KD or knockdown, then watch him get up and repeat..punish with Combo f choice as long as it knocks down,then rinse and repeat.

Funny thing iS NEOWAVE GEESE IS HELLA EASIER.

2fast
I'm not a bot! :3

Post by 2fast » Fri Jan 06, 2006 00:53

come on
i dont think its that hard like what u said :?

7d3j
Almost there! ...52%
Almost there! ...52%

Post by 7d3j » Fri Jan 06, 2006 08:15

(Bahrain!?)

Oh... trust me, it's THAT horrid if you aren't a combo machine. This Rugal's... almost impossible. :P

Sad to say, till this day, my Clark still gets his butt handed to him, by that guy with a missing eye.

2fast

Post by 2fast » Sat Jan 07, 2006 00:46

looooooooooool 7d3j

first i want to say sorry for my english coz its not my language :?
also i want to say here in bahrain there are no many players. i think we are less then 10 players

about Rugal he is very easy man loooooooooool
just thinke about this: he is a cpu. i mean he has no brain

i wish u good luck to beat him :D

SonicTempest
Posts too much
A.K.A.:>8|
Currently Playing:Dark Souls II
XBL:SonicTempest84
PSN:SonicTempest

Post by SonicTempest » Sat Jan 07, 2006 00:49

You don't need to be a combo machine to beat 2K2 Rugal.

I saw a guy beat him by doing nothing but Orochi Yashiro sweep, QCB+P on wakeup, walk forward, C, f+A, grab (or grab DM).

Plus he dies stupidly to that crossover trick mentioned many times already. Even something simple like Terry stand C, QCB+A will help you beat him.