Wiki vs Forums

Guides / FAQs / Tutorials with Videos per character for Tougeki Arcade/ 360, Ps2 and Neogeo

Best thing to do with 2k2um info?

Discuss here then edit DC wiki
41%
C&P wiki info into each ON forum thread
No votes
Set up ON wiki again and create a mirror (ask them mirror us too)
24%
Let's all go to 360 Live Forums!
No votes
Wikis are better than forums
12%
Forums are better than wikis
24%

Total votes: 17

Kane317
Almost there! ...39%
Almost there! ...39%
A.K.A.:Turned ON
Re: Wiki vs Forums

Post by Kane317 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 01:12

Gunsmith wrote:kof 4ever, my ass. And if that provokes Yasakani out of retirement, you can thank me later.

P, let's get cracking!
OT: kof4ever or kofonline I can't remember which one it was, but it wasn't Yasakani's one I'm 100% certain (I would remember, coz he's my friend).

Gunsmith
Posts too much
A.K.A.:<3 dead French characters
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Ni No Kuni, Yatagarasu, P4A
XBL:Orochi Gunsmith
PSN:Gunsmith-ON

Post by Gunsmith » Tue Nov 09, 2010 14:26

Well it looks like I know your friend better than you :p
random kof99 faq credits wrote: Madman's Cafe (Prof Henry Moriarty)
http://mmcafe.telnet.or.jp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

KoF4ever (Yasakani)
http://i.am/kof" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lancer's Dance Floor (Darklancer's BBS)
http://www.guestbook.de/yasg.cgi?X=132761" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sham Bun's Homepage (Sham Bun)
http://home.ust.hk/~eg_sbxaa/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Back ontopic, we didn't finish discussing this. It already looks like we're working on the threads, so what happened to linking to the wiki entries?

Are we happy to contribute to the wiki without credit?

I have a feeling that the credit aspect is quite important to any community. To be honest, I'm not happy about contributing unless you can clearly see our names credited somewhere. Otherwise, people just assume DC has a great wiki and ON has done nothing, which is obviously not the case.

Gunsmith
Posts too much

Post by Gunsmith » Tue Nov 09, 2010 19:23

HOOOOKAY!

People who want to contribute to the wiki need to PM me as Nilcam will give the necessary permissions to specific users.

Gunsmith
Posts too much

Post by Gunsmith » Thu Nov 11, 2010 18:56

Oh and the notation thing - the graphics for commands look great, until there's loads of red dots over the page. Does that mean we should go back to normal notation using letters? Putting these on the wiki will take a huge effort too.

Kane317
Almost there! ...39%
Almost there! ...39%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by Kane317 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 20:35

Gunsmith wrote:Oh and the notation thing - the graphics for commands look great, until there's loads of red dots over the page. Does that mean we should go back to normal notation using letters? Putting these on the wiki will take a huge effort too.
I think aside from the movelist, we should avoid using the smilies (red dots). Although I think the Wiki's commands don't "trigger" the smilies like it does on forums so we should be good.

OT: And going back to the topic about the image stealing, I'm afraid your memory has failed you my friend. It was 100% not Yasakani because I vividly remember having a conversation in person with him about "the other" kof site doing that BS, hence it must be kofonline (since his website is i.am.kof, initially I couldn't remember between which site was which, but knew it wasn't him, but now I remember it had a tinyurl or whatever you call them).

Gunsmith
Posts too much

Post by Gunsmith » Thu Nov 11, 2010 22:50

Oh it's a lovely day for miscomms.
PenPen wrote:I do remember that Yasanaki had a KOF website but it's called something else that escaped my brain atm.
Gunsmith wrote:kof 4ever, my ass. And if that provokes Yasakani out of retirement, you can thank me later.
Kane317 wrote:
OT: kof4ever or kofonline I can't remember which one it was, but it wasn't Yasakani's one I'm 100% certain (I would remember, coz he's my friend).
My answer to this was to reiterate that kof4ever was the NAME of Yasakani's site. I never said he was responsible for image stealing - that was all Vinc*nt's doing!

Now shoo!