2k2 UM - Hinako

Guides / FAQs / Tutorials with Videos per character for Tougeki Arcade/ 360, Ps2 and Neogeo
Gunsmith
Posts too much
A.K.A.:<3 dead French characters
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Ni No Kuni, Yatagarasu, P4A
XBL:Orochi Gunsmith
PSN:Gunsmith-ON
2k2 UM - Hinako

Post by Gunsmith » Tue Nov 02, 2010 22:25

Well, somebody had to do it.

The littlest sumo wrestler school girl has emerged (at time of writing) as one of the top tier characters of 2k2um.

She has a whole load of moves, matching Seth for command moves out of her butt, and easy BC combos due to her long slapping attack, giving you time to think. Lots of her moves push her forward, making her a total bitch when it comes to pressure. She has easy tap combos, an double hit air attack, an invincible DP + K grab, a normal grab that inflicts block stun and grabs anything in the air, and a command throw with Clark range, plus a DM grab that will combo or pluck anything out of the air, plus an autoguard counter. After you're grabbed, you're standing reversed which could lead to nasty crossup games(?). Worst of all, she has a practically invincible sumo push which has like no recovery and is a wire hit on counter. Yeah.

She has five command moves that chain quite easily:

fwd .A
fwd .B
df .A
df .C
df .D

and fwd .A and fwd .B actually chain into each other, simply by holding down the button.

example combos:
.C > ( fwd .B ) x2 > HCF .B
( fwd .A ) x2 > QCF .C
.D > df .C > HCB .D > dwn dwn .D

Basic quick tap combo for empty hops or tight squeezes

(c .B )x2 > .B > HCF .B

(c .B )x2 > .B > df .A > HCF .B

HInako's version of the Kyo's low combo
c .B > c .A > df .A
Edit: suddenly I found this incredibly hard to do, so now I sub the crouching A for a stand A instead, and that's still hard, so forget the Kyo comparison.

which can be extended in either direction....

That's all for now.

Toxic Avanger
Maxed Out?!
A.K.A.:Robot de Vapor
Currently Playing:KoF XIII
TTT2
Dragon's Crown
SNK PS2 NeoGeo Collections
PSN:Toxic-Baron

Re: 2k2um Hinako

Post by Toxic Avanger » Tue Nov 02, 2010 23:37

Months ago by when the game was out I thought of doing a proper Hinako thread, but for ABC issues I never got around to it... Heck, I thought that people would grow tired of my ramblings, har har.

Staple combos.

++ cls .C -> fwd .B , .B -> far standing .B -> df .A -> HCF HCF .B // 1 stock and hurts like hell.

++ cls .C -> fwd .B , .B -> far standing .B -> df .A (1 hit) -> QCB .C -> dwn dwn .B // no stocks.

++ cls .C -> fwd .B -> cr .B , cr .B , far standing .B -> df .A -> whatever.

++ cls .C -> fwd .B , .B -> far standing .B -> df .A (1 hit) -> MAX MODE -> (continues on the next line)
----------> fwd .A , .C -> fwd .B , .B -> far standing .B -> df .A (1 hit) -> qcf .C (5 hits) -> QCB .C (1 hit) -> HCF HCF .B + .D

Notes -> the second hit on the ( fwd .B , .B ) is an overhead, which means that ( fwd .B, crouching .B ) is a proper mid ~ low mix up. If you train yourself properly, you can perform ( fwd .B, crouching .B ) so precisely, that the enemy won't be able to roll in between the moves without using a stock.

Her far standing B can whiff against some crouching enemies, in those opportunities you can omit it for better results; in the case of ( cr .B , cr .B , far standing .B ) you can do ( cr .B , cr .A ) instead

Of course, ( fwd .B -> delay, DP .B or HCBFWD .D ) can work wonders and add another face to your mix ups.

Her crouching C, her standing CD, QCB .K and DP .K all share the same start up animation; which means that you can use them to trick the enemy. For example do vs a "standing up animation" enemy a ( cr .C and then either a delayed QCB .B or a delayed DP .B ) ; the first and the second move will look like a throw, so the enemy has to choose when to jump (you can also do the throw in the first place). You can also time it as so that the first cr .C will whiff and the enemy will have to figure what comes after it. You can even see this in some OZ matches, har har.

Most of her command moves can be cancelled with eachother; for example you can do a ( fwd .A , .C or a df .C , .D ) and then cancelling them into any other command or special move. In the original version (I haven't checked the tougeki) doing ( fwd .A , .C <-> df .C , .D ) ad nauseum was a good guard crush tactic. In the case of ( df .C , .D ) you could even cancel it into itself (you could also with fwd .A , .C ; but since it was her infinite it got taken out).

Confusing? That's her whole point! (° ∀ ° )
Last edited by Toxic Avanger on Wed Nov 03, 2010 16:10, edited 1 time in total.

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR
A.K.A.:The Devil Of Orochinagi
Currently Playing:KoF XIII, KoF 98umfe, KoF 2k2um, Bloodborne

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Wed Nov 03, 2010 09:30

I did these awhile ago, so might aswell put them up.

Toxic Avanger
Maxed Out?!
TTT2
Dragon's Crown

Post by Toxic Avanger » Wed Nov 03, 2010 16:08

Dark_Chaotix wrote:
All of those are easily escapable, the enemy just needs to hold down and the OTG bug won't trigger. This hold true for all 3 versions of '02um and for every "earthquake" based bug (I'm looking at you, Daimon).

Gunsmith
Posts too much
A.K.A.:<3 dead French characters
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Ni No Kuni, Yatagarasu, P4A
XBL:Orochi Gunsmith
PSN:Gunsmith-ON

Post by Gunsmith » Wed Nov 03, 2010 20:18

Now let's talk about Strategies:

i) HCB + K everything

ii) Wait, then launch friggin long combo?

Otherwise play her as Goro/Clark - with a low B combo?

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Wed Nov 03, 2010 22:00

Toxic Avanger wrote:
Dark_Chaotix wrote:
All of those are easily escapable, the enemy just needs to hold down and the OTG bug won't trigger. This hold true for all 3 versions of '02um and for every "earthquake" based bug (I'm looking at you, Daimon).
Again these were done when the game first came out, so that tactic wasnt known then....Ill prob have to change it to showcase that.

Then again, there are still players that use it. (Plus watch it for a decent hinako action. But this isnt the hinako I want to showcase since there is a better vid of her in use somewhere....Ill find it!)

Seen in this vid at 11:25

Toxic Avanger
Maxed Out?!
TTT2
Dragon's Crown

Post by Toxic Avanger » Thu Nov 04, 2010 01:21

Gunsmith wrote: i) HCB + K everything

ii) Wait, then launch friggin long combo?but

Otherwise play her as Goro/Clark - with a low B combo?
Hinako is one of the very, very, very few characters that are actually specialized. She can do a lot of mayhem when she is in the face of the enemy, but if the enemy simply chooses to run away the entire round you are going to have an abnormally tough time with them (kinda like when you are playing Vanessa and an enemy does nothing but lightning fast low kicks and anti airs. Vanessa can overcome that match up, but you need a certain level of experience to do so every time).

At middle range, when your enemy doesn't want to close in your best bets to annoy him are a ( short jump .C .D or .D ) , a ( HCB .B ) , a ( far standing .B -> fwd .B , .B ) and her sweep.

Another "void" in Hinako's game is her lack of proper air defense. If you learn how to perfectly time the autoguard of QCB .C you are probably not going to have that many problems, but if you can't time it properly your only anti airs options are the DP .B or a jumping .D ... And a lot of characters have enough priority to overpower those. cr .C can stop jumps with certain timing and at a certain angle... and that angle and timing simply don't occur to often.

A super tough silly combo is HCB .D (counter) , df .C , HCF HCF .D . The df .C needs to land super deeply for the combo to work... Also, the HCB .D is very strong against neutral jumps, and you are likely to face many of those.

When you are "not" in a disadvantageous situation Hinako is a mix up of quick, fast short pokes and chains, or mix ups with the invincibility of the throws, or long, strong and variable pokes and combo.

Being able to eye confirm and hit detect everything you do is essential; and it's also of utmost importance not messing up the input of your high damage combos. For example ( cr .B , cr .A , df .A ) is so much harder to do than in other games, and is very important to get it right every time.

Dark_Chaotix wrote: Then again, there are still players that use it. (Plus watch it for a decent hinako action. But this isnt the hinako I want to showcase since there is a better vid of her in use somewhere....Ill find it!)

Seen in this vid at 11:25

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzJTcSugY7Y" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The escape isn't that widely known (this is probably so since this is the first game where you can escape that bug). Another player ( This is Nabe, I think? ) has a much better match in the tougeki finals and semi finals (OZ).
Last edited by Toxic Avanger on Thu Nov 04, 2010 15:36, edited 2 times in total.

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Thu Nov 04, 2010 13:07

I agree with TA above in regards to Hinako being a character that you really need to think about and know how to use properly. Her hit confirm is by far the hardest to adapt to and it makes it harder when she doesnt have good AA or jumping attacks. Her strength is at keeping your opponent at bay and guessing with string and pokes. You can make your opponents scared to jump or do purpose whiffs because hcb+B can hit them and is fairly safe on block.

Anyways, here is the vid I was talking about where Hinako can be deadly and has good idea on block string and hit confirm.

EDIT:

After checking my description i had for that stomp vid, I already stated that you can hold down to negate it. So i removed the guarantee title of vid but it will still work in corner since the stomp actually stomps onto them.

yamazaky96
Charging...63%
Charging...63%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Re: 2k2 UM - Hinako

Post by yamazaky96 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:46

I love Hinaku wow
Im giving every one hard time using her on the arcades