2k2 UM - Ryo

Guides / FAQs / Tutorials with Videos per character for Tougeki Arcade/ 360, Ps2 and Neogeo
PenPen
MOAR
A.K.A.:Manipulating editor
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Initial D: v6, Football Manager 2011, Dungeon Defenders
PSN:penpen35
2k2 UM - Ryo

Post by PenPen » Wed Mar 04, 2009 16:21

Basically, Ryo got some changes and new moves etc...just like every other character! Wah.

His qcf+A juggles. It's like...XI. I don't know if the C version juggles, probably does, but he lags too much to do that. So, qcf+A, dp+C in corner. Rawr.
qcb+P is back.
qcfx2+AC is now a regular SDM, sweet!

He has two HSDM versions of Ryuuko Ranbu, one is the qcf,hcb+AC version and another is the qcf+C,A version. I *think* one of them is unblockable, I haven't tried much. The qcf+C,A version is now easier to pull off, but it's still rather hard to execute since the qcf+P gets in the way.

Kane317
Almost there! ...39%
Almost there! ...39%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Re: 2k2UM - Ryo

Post by Kane317 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 02:21

PenPen wrote: He has two HSDM versions of Ryuuko Ranbu, one is the qcf,hcb+AC version and another is the qcf+C,A version. I *think* one of them is unblockable, I haven't tried much. The qcf+C,A version is now easier to pull off, but it's still rather hard to execute since the qcf+P gets in the way.
The qcf+C.A HSDM is ¤not¤ easier to pull off, unless you're referring to HSDM vs SDM in general. It's nearly neigh impossible since you can't super cancel into HSDMs (back when it was an SDM you could SC off a DP), and I can do K's qcb+C.A HSDM just fine.

Playing around editing the "command" button, the HSDM has a slightly different startup but IS unblockable...making it a hard move to ignore...sigh.
Last edited by Kane317 on Wed Mar 25, 2009 14:22, edited 1 time in total.

Iie-Kyo
Almost there! ...52%
Almost there! ...52%
A.K.A.:OG KOF Player
Currently Playing:Turn this currently playing sth off plz.

Post by Iie-Kyo » Fri Mar 06, 2009 21:36

The QCF + C~A HSDM is indeed unblockable. But since I can't get THE FUCKEN THING TO COME OUT CORRECTLY I don't know if it has any use.

New HSDM Ryuuko Ranbu. Ends with a RAWR TIGUR UPPERCUT at the end.

Toxic Avanger
Maxed Out?!
A.K.A.:Robot de Vapor
Currently Playing:KoF XIII
TTT2
Dragon's Crown
SNK PS2 NeoGeo Collections
PSN:Toxic-Baron

Post by Toxic Avanger » Fri Mar 06, 2009 23:42

Iie-Kyo wrote:The QCF + C~A HSDM is indeed unblockable. But since I can't get THE FUCKEN THING TO COME OUT CORRECTLY I don't know if it has any use.
They where actually some set ups that where REALLY hard to escape if you could not guard cancel roll of them at the time (much harder to escape than any K' HSDM set up); or even some roll recovery unblockable punishments (kinda like what clone zero CPU does sometimes, ha ha), so... If you could pull it out correctly, there are some mean nastiness in store (and that's why it's a pain to get the move consistently).

New HSDM Ryuuko Ranbu. Ends with a RAWR TIGUR UPPERCUT at the end.
It's actually a ROAR DRAGON UPPERCUT, shame on you. If you are not convinced try pausing it at different points (I did with youtube).