Gunsmith
Posts too much
A.K.A.:<3 dead French characters
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Ni No Kuni, Yatagarasu, P4A
XBL:Orochi Gunsmith
PSN:Gunsmith-ON
Observation notes need to be confirmed

Post by Gunsmith » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:06

I'm planning to edit all the threads so that the first post contains all the information, so I can use them as proper guides. If you've made a thread, it would be good for you to edit it now!

In the meantime, here are some notes I've taken while playing, note that because of lag, fatigue or booze, some of these things need to be confirmed: Can you confirm these?

CD Counters:

Who cares about blocking? Just do them early and they will work fine as anti air.

If you're fast you can CD counter straight after blocking an air attack, if you're slow, use it to interrupt blocked combos that use CD. Eg. j C, C, CD ---> j C, C [CD Counter] CD = the CD attack gets countered.

Lag notes: Because input delay messed up a lot of people's timing, many jump attack combos are failing, so opponents are abusing this by slamming b+CD as soon as you hit them, because if you don't correctly combo eg: C after j C, you'll get countered.

Edit: Confirmed block stun notes and added to gameplay discussion

CD Counter vs c LK
Some of the counters I've seen are really weird because some things can beat the CD counter and some cannot.

Eg Joe CD Counters, Kyo does not attack the flash, but does C straight after. Joe's CD gets cancelled as he eats the C.

Eg 2, Kyo does CD counter, Ash does c B x2, Kyo eats the 2nd c B
Eg 3, Kyo does CD counter, Ash does c B x2, Ash gets CD countered.
- I don't know wtf!

Rolls

These are messed up. I have seen myself roll past and yet still end up in front of the opponent, however I note this normally happens when I get hit out of a roll. But still, it's annoying.

Recovery: as usual this may be due to lag but it seems you can cancel a roll (just by a frame) with a normal or special move. Either that or it's a priority issue I'm not seeing due to lag, but many a time a guy has rolled in and started whacking the crap out of me, when I believed I should have hit him out of it. I tried this against others, and it surprisingly works. Could well just be input delay?

Crossups
Andy D
Athena B
Kyo C

Athena
c C as anti air
her hop CD is damn fast.
Usual chain of j D, c C, CD, psycho ball or qcf .B or .D luring you into dp .C

Reflector: don't touch it, roll past it or aim your attack to hit her in the head or feet.

Edit: I just tried out Athena in a laggy game. Holy crap that reflector is MURDEROUS! Against people who don't know about it, anything they throw at you gets slapped back in their face
Edit 2: You can run right through the reflector!

Benimaru
Raikoken ( qcf x2 .P) is NOT invincible, although it is very very fast and pretty good as wake up.

Joe
You should have seen dp + .D all over the place by now, and because of input lag, if you don't mash like crazy, he'll get away with it. If you stand and block, you'll take the tick damage, if you duck, he'll fly past you- you can run and sweep him from behind if you're fast enough.

Raiden
Dwn + C hits sweeps