Chin (XII)

Information and discussion
PenPen
MOAR
A.K.A.:Manipulating editor
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Initial D: v6, Football Manager 2011, Dungeon Defenders
PSN:penpen35
Chin (XII)

Post by PenPen » Tue Apr 21, 2009 19:13

Doesn't seem like a lot of people are using him. His two new stances are different from the old one, and I *think* people are still figuring him out. All I could do so far is just standing C -> qcb+P.

Also, Chin has a really floaty jump.

Command moves:
d,d+P - Stance #1. Chin starts off crouching down, which has him really low. Can cancel with P, which he does the quickie punch. Chin will automatically recover from this stance after a short while (if you didn't press P).
d,d+K/df+B and don't do anything - Stance #2. He stands on one leg. Also can be done after df+B, provided you don't follow with anything else (he'll automatically enter this stance). Press P to do quickie punch, B do execute his df+B, and D to do something like his f+D extra normal.

Special moves:
qcb+P - Knock away punch. Has some sort of invincibility, can't tell. But combos pretty well.
qcb+K - Does the funny walking backward thing. Don't know what this is but I read that maybe it's a counter. B version counters high/mid and command moves, while D version counters low/specials.
df+D - Overhead attack, Chin does a forward spin and lands on the ground. You're able to follow with the quickie punch by pressing P.
df+B,B - Chin does his Kyo impression by doing Kyo's qcf+K. It even juggles! You can do qcb+P/qcfx2+P after the first df+B. Doing nothing after the first B will have him enter stance #2.
P during stance #1/2 - Quickie attack (this is what I called it because it's like, a quickie attack). Chin does a punch. The thing is that this doesn't push away the opponent, plus Chin is free to do whatever he wants right after this move. Basically, this resets Chin.

DM:
qcfx2+P - Chin does a 90 year old man version's of Andy's DM, while flying head first. Note that he flies around halfscreen, and it doesn't go that high. It however has startup invincibility and comes out really quickly. He then lands on the ground, and if it's blocked, get ready to be pwned.
Last edited by PenPen on Wed Apr 29, 2009 15:28, edited 1 time in total.

PenPen
MOAR
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Initial D: v6, Football Manager 2011, Dungeon Defenders

Re: Chin (XII)

Post by PenPen » Wed Apr 29, 2009 15:08

Okay, I sorta kinda figured out how his stances cancel. Both stances can be gotten out of with P, which means you can do like d,d+P/K -> P and then he'll do a quickie punch. With the quickie punch, you can cancel into pretty much anything since it resets Chin.

So I tried some combos with him.
Simple combos:
Low B -> Low A (x1-3) -> qcb+A (safe on block too)
Standing C -> d,d+P -> P (quickie punch) -> qcb+A
Low B -> Low A -> df+B(,B - ends combo here) -> qcb+A
Standing C/D -> CD -> df+B -> qcb+A/qcfx2+P

Also, added details for first post.

Kane317
Almost there! ...39%
Almost there! ...39%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by Kane317 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 07:56

PenPen wrote:Okay, I sorta kinda figured out how his stances cancel. Both stances can be gotten out of with P, which means you can do like d,d+P/K -> P and then he'll do a quickie punch. With the quickie punch, you can cancel into pretty much anything since it resets Chin.

So I tried some combos with him.
Simple combos:
Low B -> Low A (x1-3) -> qcb+A (safe on block too)
Standing C -> d,d+P -> P (quickie punch) -> qcb+A
Low B -> Low A -> df+B(,B - ends combo here) -> qcb+A
Standing C/D -> CD -> df+B -> qcb+A/qcfx2+P

Also, added details for first post.
Oh I get it now, I was trying to interpret the Arcadia magazine and I got most of it but you cleared up most of it. BTW, glad to see someone's actually playing 12 coz we just got it a couple days ago over here in LA...wish I was back in HK to play hehe
PenPen wrote: qcb+K - Does the funny walking backward thing. Don't know what this is but I read that maybe it's a counter. B version counters high/mid and command moves, while D version counters low/specials.
Yea, his counter is pretty much a standard kof-counter according to Arcadia, B version counters high and specials, D does mid normals and low. Arcadia says that I can cancel the D version into specials so I'm gonna test it out today.

EDIT: Did some extensive testing with Chin today

-s.B, s.D is a chain and it automatically performs a far+D (f+D) even if you leave your stick in neutral
-I got the df+D, df+D to work, although it appears to be distance specific in order for it to work (I think you can't be too close for both to connect strange as it sounds)
-In the kick stance (dx2+K), if you hold down you'll automatically go into the punch stance (dx2+P)
-In the kick stance, only the C button will activate the Quickie Punch follow up, A button will do a s.A
-In the kick stance, you can hop and hyper hop but not jump
-In the kick stance, pressing B performs his command move df+B, pressing D performs his f+D (far D)
-df+D automatically finishes you in the punch stance so pressing C afterwards will do a 2 hit quickie punch combo for a total of 3 hits

Some combos:
d.B, d.A or d.C/s.C (dx2+P~P)x2~3, CD, qcb+P or qcfx2+P DM
Alternatively you can start the quickie punches by doing the overhead df+D~C, (dx2+P~P)x2 etc...

Some attack tips by Arcadia is when the Quickie Punches are blocked high, cancel into df+D; if they are blocked low, cancel into dx2+P (leaves you into punch stance), d.B, d.A ...

For anti air I like to use dx2+P~P Quickie Punch real late or simply do d.C into df+B [1hit] (if you have the right distancing, you can do df+B [1hit] 2~3 times into qcb+P or qcfx2+P DM. Alternatively, if the opponent jump attacks early (which happens quite often against a short Chin) do dx2+P into punch stance into d.B, d.A combos.

PenPen
MOAR

Post by PenPen » Tue Jun 09, 2009 15:28

What I like now is that when people are playing against my team's Chin, they assume that Chin is going to totally mess up their gameplan (even though I'm still so-so at using him). And with that in mind, it usually does mess up on how they play. Awesome.

This is partially because the really good Chin users can totally dominate the match since he involves mindgames now along with a pretty high damage potential.

What's a good CC combo? So far I'm basically doing repeated quickie punches (3 of them) into CD, and qcb+P. Maybe throw in a qcfx2+P after the qcb+P if I take away one of the quickie punches.

Kane317
Almost there! ...39%
Almost there! ...39%

Post by Kane317 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:09

PenPen wrote:...
What's a good CC combo? So far I'm basically doing repeated quickie punches (3 of them) into CD, and qcb+P. Maybe throw in a qcfx2+P after the qcb+P if I take away one of the quickie punches.
As you may have seen from the AI videos, Chin's been my staple team-member (and other fellow AI player Reynald who one the recent tourney). The CC combo we started off with is:

-(dx2+P~P)x3, (s.D), df+D, (dx2+P~P)x2~3, CD, qcfx2+P DM

-Now I'm working on: df+Dx3, (dx2+P~P)x3, CD, DM and variations of it.

SonicTempest
Posts too much
A.K.A.:>8|
Currently Playing:Dark Souls II
XBL:SonicTempest84
PSN:SonicTempest

Post by SonicTempest » Wed Jul 29, 2009 15:42

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7YWCmm2KT4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Infinite :o

Kane317
Almost there! ...39%
Almost there! ...39%

Post by Kane317 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 19:14

According to the Japanese boards:
CC Corner combo:
①(画面端限定)3D→3B・B→弱月牙跳撃→3B《CC終了》→5A(空振り)→CDディレイ>3B×6→【騰空飛天砲594】or【弱月牙跳撃509】

Translation: (CC Corner) df+D, df+B~B, qcb+A, df+B (CC ends here), s.A (whiffs), CD (something, I'm assuming it's late cancel into), df+Bx6, qcb+A [509]/qcfx2+P DM [594]

- I can only manage 4 sets of df+B and that yields 575 damage with the DM at least.

EDIT: You can see it here with 5 sets of df+B: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hP3e0-lemqw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; around 4:09