KOF XII System Discussion

Information and discussion
PenPen
MOAR
A.K.A.:Manipulating editor
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Initial D: v6, Football Manager 2011, Dungeon Defenders
PSN:penpen35
Re: KOF XII System Discussion

Post by PenPen » Mon Apr 27, 2009 14:07

Yeah, it works that way. Tried it today but it didn't seem that obvious at the start. Thanks for the heads up!

PenPen
MOAR
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Initial D: v6, Football Manager 2011, Dungeon Defenders

Post by PenPen » Wed Apr 29, 2009 15:51

Hmm, I dunno how roll cancelling is done AGAIN. Tried it off a standing C, press AB and it wouldn't come out. Maybe it's only for weak attacks? Anyway, going to try this out more in the near future.

PenPen
MOAR

Post by PenPen » Thu Apr 30, 2009 18:51

Apparently you can cancel out a CD that's being charged with a special move or DM (I'm pretty sure for DM since I saw it today). That's pretty neat.

So it's basically like, CD (charge) -> input special/DM motion and button -> CD is scraped in favor of said move. But you must charge it for that to come out.

And on the roll cancelling, I think you might need the CC bar to be filled. I'm not sure but I seem to be able to do it when the CC bar's filled.

Edit: All CC initiators and extra normals are up, and the first post is slightly expanded to cover stuff we discussed earlier.

Tiamat
Powering up...24%
Powering up...24%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by Tiamat » Sat May 02, 2009 00:39

gunsmith said short hops are no longer in the game. is this true? I really hope not

edit: looking at a recent video sounds like BS to me. unless dashing jumps go a lot higher than normal jumps it looks like short hops are still in to me

PenPen
MOAR

Post by PenPen » Sat May 09, 2009 07:35

All the jumps are still intact.

Anyway I got an update over at the first post about CC. Things should be slightly clearer now, hopefully.

Kane317
Almost there! ...39%
Almost there! ...39%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by Kane317 » Tue May 12, 2009 13:02

Did some testing today.

-Roll Canceling works off weak attacks and strong attacks, CC meter is not need and it does not take any of your super bar. The timing off a strong attack seems slightly later but that's just because strong attacks in general are slower to come out.

-Charged CD canceling: As we know charging a CD fully leads to a guard crush and can be comboed out of upon contact. Like mentioned before, while charging the CD you cancel the move but the trick is that it must be done somewhat early. As soon as your character starts shaking you should have canceled or about to finish canceling the move.

-If you want to cancel a C version or D version move (like say Iori's hcf+C since there's only a C version or Goro's hcf+C since his A version is totally different) you have do following: Hold CD, release C button while holding D, quickly cancel into the move (e.g. hcf+C). While charging CD if you release either C or D while holding at least one of the two buttons, it'll still keep you in the charge CD frame thus allowing you to cancel the move.

You're welcome :)

dobiqwolf
Maxed Out! SDM time!
Maxed Out! SDM time!

Post by dobiqwolf » Tue May 12, 2009 15:21

Kane317 wrote:Did some testing today.

-Roll Canceling works off weak attacks and strong attacks, CC meter is not need and it does not take any of your super bar. The timing off a strong attack seems slightly later but that's just because strong attacks in general are slower to come out.

-Charged CD canceling: As we know charging a CD fully leads to a guard crush and can be comboed out of upon contact. Like mentioned before, while charging the CD you cancel the move but the trick is that it must be done somewhat early. As soon as your character starts shaking you should have canceled or about to finish canceling the move.

-If you want to cancel a C version or D version move (like say Iori's hcf+C since there's only a C version or Goro's hcf+C since his A version is totally different) you have do following: Hold CD, release C button while holding D, quickly cancel into the move (e.g. hcf+C). While charging CD if you release either C or D while holding at least one of the two buttons, it'll still keep you in the charge CD frame thus allowing you to cancel the move.

You're welcome :)
I didnt have any problem to cancel the charge into special but thank you for the charging tip with one button.

dobiqwolf
Maxed Out! SDM time!
Maxed Out! SDM time!

Post by dobiqwolf » Wed May 13, 2009 18:01

I tryed the charging cancel with holding 1 button and it seems that the window to enter the command is shorter than when holding both buttons.

PenPen
MOAR

Post by PenPen » Mon May 18, 2009 14:51

Sorry that I wasn't around to update over here lately. I'll update the first post. Everyone is credit to team!

SonicTempest
Posts too much
A.K.A.:>8|
Currently Playing:Dark Souls II
XBL:SonicTempest84
PSN:SonicTempest

Post by SonicTempest » Thu May 21, 2009 18:44

Couple of quick questions to anyone who's played the game.
1) Are there any ways to reliably set up a critical counter once you have the gauge filled up?
2) What do you typically do when you see that the opponent has a full CC gauge? Start turtling? Try to poke them out of their CC attempts? etc

PenPen
MOAR

Post by PenPen » Sun May 24, 2009 06:14

1. From my experiences, the initiation of CC is kinda random - it just happens. Problem is that it requires 'cooperation' between both players, you need to press a specific button (and no forward motions!), the opponent needs to do something. What I did was to try and delay the CC initiator, like do a jump in B and then a delayed standing C CC initiator.

2. I don't turtle much but you should at least expect players to turtle a little bit more, since CC combos can hurt quite a lot. On the other hand, the one who got the CC bar filled will likely be a lot more straightforward with their attacks.

Vicio
Powering up...50%
Powering up...50%
A.K.A.:RebelSpark
Currently Playing:KOF XIII.

Post by Vicio » Sun May 24, 2009 08:37

1) Like everything else in this game, the best thing to do is try to anticipate what your opp is going to do; If you have started your CC Initiator and you opp atacks, he's CC'ed almost for sure. There is, literately, no other way.

2) Force reaction and pressure rather than turtle. Well, IMO all that CC really is; Mind-games. To be safe: Try not to poke too much, since CC I < badly timed pokes, you are asking for a bad ride if you over-use ur pokes here. Never poke on wake-up, when you opp has CC Bar.

AshCrimson
Charging...15%
Charging...15%

Post by AshCrimson » Mon May 25, 2009 09:55

1) There's no reliable way as it depends on who you play against, but I can give you some setups that might/might not work hahah. You should just try to come up with your own
a) Close down B(blocked) -> Stand C/D(CC starter)
b) Empty jump -> CC starter (possible if you expect a b+CD)
c) If you expect a throw/command throw, you can hit them out of it, since throw's command throws have no priority (supers have some priority)
d) Blocked hit -> roll cancel -> CC starter
e) Dash CC starter (you might have to hold back or let it sit on neutral if they have a f+C/D attack)

2) CC's cannot start if it hits a jump attack, so you might want to jump a little bit more, and pick your attacks carefully rather than sticking out pokes

PenPen
MOAR

Post by PenPen » Mon May 25, 2009 17:18

Interesting stuff, pretty useful!

I see that sometimes when you're blocking you can do the b+CD attack. How does that work? Do you just press CD while blocking and it'll come out on its own?

AshCrimson
Charging...15%
Charging...15%

Post by AshCrimson » Tue May 26, 2009 04:08

PenPen wrote:Interesting stuff, pretty useful!

I see that sometimes when you're blocking you can do the b+CD attack. How does that work? Do you just press CD while blocking and it'll come out on its own?
Well for light attacks, sometimes people don't chain them and do them slowly on purpose. If they are doing that to you and since light attacks don't cause much block stun, you can do a b+CD in between. I don't think you can do a b+CD while the you are in the blocking state. You might notice that sometimes when someone is doing a combo on you while you're blocking that if you let go of the joystick, it'll automatically block some of all of the rest of the hits. You can see that this happens against mainly chain lights attacks like dB x3, you can block the first one and it'll automatically block the other 2 if they don't put any delay in between the hits.