Ryo (XII)

Information and discussion
PenPen
MOAR
A.K.A.:Manipulating editor
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Initial D: v6, Football Manager 2011, Dungeon Defenders
PSN:penpen35
Ryo (XII)

Post by PenPen » Thu Apr 09, 2009 17:45

Weird, I thought there was a thread for him. And he looks like he's awfully pissed in-game and can kill a few people with that face.

Normals:
d+C still pretty good but I can't link it from d+B anymore?
CD attack is the same but comes out slower. It has increased range though.
Jump CD is the old 98 jump CD.

Commands:
f+A - Overhead karate chop. Note that the range is now awfully short, you'll need to adjust your distance for wakeup games.
f+B - front parry, different animation from before
df+B - low parry, different animation from before

Specials:
qcf+P - Fierball. Really, really small as compared to before.
dp+P - DP. It's really good. And it can snuff a lot of things. C version brings up opponent.
hcb+K - D version goes pretty far but only registered 2 hits for me (last hit seemed to be absent)
Zanretsuken - It's here somewhere but I can't pull it off.

DMs:
qcf,hcb+P - Ryuuko ranbu, never successfully caught anyone with it, seems to come out slower than Iori's MM. C version has invincibility.
f,hcf+P - HSKK. Haven't done this so no comment for now...

One thing I found out is that Ryo can't really move forward quickly. Yeah he has his hcb+D, but it has lag, and is really punishable when blocked. So I think, if the opponent stays the hell away from Ryo when he doesn't have the power bar ready for a HSKK, they're pretty safe. But when Ryo's up close, he becomes more dangerous as he got more options to play around with.

Perfect Stranger
MAX! Time to break stock!
MAX! Time to break stock!
Currently Playing:Hide and seek with cops

Re: Ryo (XII)

Post by Perfect Stranger » Mon Apr 13, 2009 15:40

Jump D, C, fwd A is pretty safe on block and still does pretty good damage.

PenPen
MOAR
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Initial D: v6, Football Manager 2011, Dungeon Defenders

Post by PenPen » Tue Apr 14, 2009 16:57

Hmm, from what I tried out, C version Ryuuko Ranbu has dashing invincibility, but during startup he's still vulnerable.

He only has f+C for his extra normal, which is his old 98 far C.

PenPen
MOAR

Post by PenPen » Mon May 18, 2009 15:20

His hcb+D's K followup has juggle properties.

So you can like, standing C -> CD -> hcb+D -> K -> dp+C/f,b,f+P/another hcb+D/qcf,hcb+A (hard timing!).

Everyone had their range reduced in XII but somehow I felt that Ryo lost the most out of everyone. All the normals aren't sticking him far, the farthest normal he has is his f+C.

PenPen
MOAR

Post by PenPen » Tue Jun 09, 2009 14:58

Question. If my Ryo is doing standing C, CD in a non-corner combo, what can I follow with? I can't seem to follow with anything at all.

On another note I like the fact that Ryo's f,b,f+P is so hard to see from afar it has caught a few opponents after a short while. Awesome.

Also f+A followed with charged CD is ebil. The opponent can escape however, so you can mix it up a little.

AshCrimson
Charging...15%
Charging...15%

Post by AshCrimson » Sat Jun 27, 2009 14:00

I had some trouble with finding something with Benimaru and Ash non-corner C -> CD -> ?? combo non-corner. I tried most of their moves thinking that I should do something with range. It turns out I was thinking along the wrong lines, I should have been thinking of a move that comes out quickly. So off C -> CD Benimaru can combo dp+B and Ash can do d, u+B. You might want to see if Ryo can do C -> CD -> dp+A or C, but I could be wrong hahah

Bugle/Hawk'M
Wyler is my God!!!
A.K.A.:When life gives you lemons, make Kaiser Waves
Currently Playing:some games
XBL:BugleHawkeM
PSN:BugleHawkeM

Post by Bugle/Hawk'M » Tue Aug 04, 2009 01:00

Dp + A or C both miss after C/D, CD. The C version even wiffs in the corner, not that you'd want to do it anyway. I couldn't find anything that connected not in the corner other than his supers. So you're better off with comboing into specials after C if you dont have the opponent in the corner.