Shen Woo (XII)

Information and discussion
PenPen
MOAR
A.K.A.:Manipulating editor
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Initial D: v6, Football Manager 2011, Dungeon Defenders
PSN:penpen35
Shen Woo (XII)

Post by PenPen » Tue Oct 28, 2008 15:48

Weird that nobody made a SHEN WOO POST about him over here.

He still got SHEN WOO PUNCH LITE (qcf+P?) but the range has been reduced, perhaps due to larger sprites.
SHEN WOO GOES SSJ is still around.
SHEN WOO PUNCH (qcfx2+P?) is now chargeable (unconfirmed)?
SHEN WOO HAMMER is here too, along with his SHEN WOO FOLLOWUP (gimme a better name here D:)
SHEN WOO KICK still here.

From the trailer & other vids there's a few observings:
- His old jump E is now probably a heavy attack instead of knockdown, probably replacing his old jump C.
- A new move where I shall dub SHEN WOO UPPERCUT, after he did something that juggles the opponent (not SHEN WOO PUNCH I believe).
- A new shoulder ram thingy but it seems like it's pretty standard among other characters as well.
- d+C is really, really dramatic.
- I think SHEN WOO SLIDE is in from this vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0RAnwx06X4 on the 17th second.
Last edited by PenPen on Wed Oct 29, 2008 14:33, edited 1 time in total.

Fuu
hunted by pedo police
Currently Playing:by ear
PSN:OswaldK9o

Re: Shen Woo (XII)

Post by Fuu » Tue Oct 28, 2008 20:58

you forgot SHEN WOO TRIPLE HEADBUTT, which might or might not be a regular grab.

SonicTempest
Posts too much
A.K.A.:>8|
Currently Playing:Dark Souls II
XBL:SonicTempest84
PSN:SonicTempest

Post by SonicTempest » Tue Oct 28, 2008 21:18

I think that's just his throw.

I didn't see anyone use the headbutt DM...don't tell me it's gone :(

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:27

You sure the super punch is chargable? During the trailer, it looked more like the startup delay almost everyone has in their DMs.

PenPen
MOAR
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Initial D: v6, Football Manager 2011, Dungeon Defenders

Post by PenPen » Wed Oct 29, 2008 14:33

Well it does seem chargeable to some degree, I think I saw a vid where the player charged SHEN WOO PUNCH. I think we can put a question mark on the first post for now.

Tiamat
Powering up...24%
Powering up...24%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by Tiamat » Mon Mar 09, 2009 02:35

SonicTempest wrote:I think that's just his throw.

I didn't see anyone use the headbutt DM...don't tell me it's gone :(
yeah it better not be. I'm sure he still has it though, no reason for it to be gone randomly, unless he has a new super move to replace it (which I haven't seen yet)

edit: his f+B can stop projectiles now?? this is new right? i saw in the vid linked in the first post

PenPen
MOAR

Post by PenPen » Mon Mar 09, 2009 16:04

Tiamat wrote:
yeah it better not be. I'm sure he still has it though, no reason for it to be gone randomly, unless he has a new super move to replace it (which I haven't seen yet)

edit: his f+B can stop projectiles now?? this is new right? i saw in the vid linked in the first post
Not really I think, it's the clash feature in XII, which both characters hit strong normals or commands at the same time and it'll cancel each other out. This can also be done on projectiles as well.

Tiamat
Powering up...24%
Powering up...24%

Post by Tiamat » Wed Mar 11, 2009 00:03

ah I see it's a clash thing, interesting. where could I find the most recent vids of shen in XII?

SonicTempest
Posts too much
A.K.A.:>8|
Currently Playing:Dark Souls II
XBL:SonicTempest84
PSN:SonicTempest

Post by SonicTempest » Sat Apr 04, 2009 06:04

Full movelist from Arcadia:
http://cyberfanatix.com/img/news/kofxii/arcadia/15.JPG" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(some of this might be off - damn blurry movelists)

Command moves:
f+B

Special moves:
QCF+P
- C version is chargeable, charge can be cancelled with either B or D just like before
- Can be followed up with QCF+B/D. (This is a new move - the dashing uppercut punch. Looks like it knocks down)
QCF+K (new move?)
QCB+A
- follow up with either QCF+A (old) or QCF+K (new!)
HCB,f+ P (judging from the videos this is the 2K3 animation, not the XI animation. Don't know if the properties are the same)
- follow up with QCF+K (? why?)

DMs:
QCFx2+P
- aka SHENWOOPUNCH
QCFx2+P after QCF+P, QCF+K
C,A,B,C
- aka SHEN WOO GOES SSJ

Combos:
j.D, stand D, f+B, QCF+P, QCF+K, DM
c.B, c.A, QCF+B, DM

PenPen
MOAR

Post by PenPen » Thu Apr 09, 2009 18:11

Out of all the characters I played with, obviously it's my favorite character, Shen Woo. Let's go over with some fun details.

Command moves:
f+B - SHEN WOO KICK. Can be cancelled into and out of into special moves, but the timing is slower now to cancel out of. You need to wait a bit, which is good, since you will know what to pull off.

Special moves:
qcf+P - SHEN WOO PUNCH LITE. A version comes out instantly, doesn't travel as far. C version chargeable, when fully charged it's unblockable (iirc, I did it once), and it deals HUEG damage. I haven't pulled off the qcf+K followup successfully, not even once. I read on SRK that the timing is tight.
qcf+K - SHEN WOO UPPERCUT (yey new moev). B version doesn't travel as far but links from weak attacks, even though it didn't link for me after 3 low As. D version travels slightly farther but doesn't connect from weak attacks. It juggles, I think. Needs more testing (which I'll fool around with more).
qcb+A - SHEN WOO HAMMER. I think the range is reduced but maybe it's because of the sprites. The qcf+A followup seems harder to do because the timing's different. You do it when the qcb+A's animation almost ends. Additionally, I can't pull off the qcf+K followup.
HCB,f+ P - Couldn't pull this off at all.

DMs:
qcfx2+P - SHEN WOO PUNCH!!!!!!!!!111 There's still the invincibility (which is good) but so far I haven't used the A version. Dangerous on block since Shen's standing right in front of the opponent after the move. One thing I noticed is that it seems the damage is rather meh. I don't think this is chargeable.
QCFx2+P after QCF+P, QCF+K - Going to try this out once I figured out the qcf+K timing.
C,A,B,C - SHEN WOO GOES SSJ. I tried doing the shortcut (hold AB and press C twice) and it didn't come out. Turns out that you need to enter the buttons really fast for the move to come out. Additionally, after the burst I don't see any flashing Shen Woos running around with OMGWTF damage. I don't know why, I guess this move is now just pure damage only?

Tiamat
Powering up...24%
Powering up...24%

Post by Tiamat » Fri Apr 10, 2009 07:06

It is good that he has two DMs but I will miss headbut super. =[

PenPen
MOAR

Post by PenPen » Tue Apr 14, 2009 17:00

His SHEN WOO UPPERCUT followup for almost freaking everything is very, very hard to pull out. The timing's weird. I can't do it off SHEN WOO PUNCH LITE.

SHEN WOO GOES SSJ only has him doing the blast regardless if it's cancelled into or not. I did it off a standing C and he does the blast, which flings opponent away with added damage, but Shen Woo doesn't get any powerups.

Tiamat
Powering up...24%
Powering up...24%

Post by Tiamat » Sat Apr 18, 2009 03:02

how easy is it to combo into SSJ super compared to his punch super? which does more damage? cause it sounds kinda bad right now

PenPen
MOAR

Post by PenPen » Sat Apr 18, 2009 08:47

It's not easy to do because the input timing needs to be precise and there's no other way around it. It's not really reliable and as opposed to SHEN WOO PUNCH and doesn't do additional damage. Maybe on counter it does more damage, but for now I really don't know why it's worth going SSJ.

Tiamat
Powering up...24%
Powering up...24%

Post by Tiamat » Sun Apr 19, 2009 20:11

Does Shen still have his command grab? Is it that backfist thing by chance? cause that looks new to me