Shen Woo (XII)

Information and discussion
PenPen
MOAR
A.K.A.:Manipulating editor
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Initial D: v6, Football Manager 2011, Dungeon Defenders
PSN:penpen35
Re: Shen Woo (XII)

Post by PenPen » Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:28

Yeah, he got SHEN WOO BITCHSLAP (hcb,f+P) which works like it was in 2k3, and you can follow up with a qcf+K if your timing is gud.

Here's a l33t CC combo I stole from the Japanese wiki's message board.
qcf+C-qcf+K -> qcf+C -> qcf+C -> qcf+A-qcf+K -> qcf+A-qcf+K-> SHEN WOO PUNCH

That's approx 60% off. But I don't know whether you need to hold on the qcf+As. I know that the qcf+K can juggle but it doesn't really go *that* high. Still, it's probably very hard to do.

Original Japanese text:
27 :KOFXII大好き名無しさん:2009/04/25(土) 00:51:41 ID:aG.fJWo.0
シェン、クリティカルカウンター時連続技

強激拳~転連拳→強激拳→強激拳→弱激拳~転連拳→弱激拳~転連拳~絶・激拳

ダメージ6割、2回目激拳最速。3回目と4回目の激拳で相手を高めに拾うように調整すると5回目の激拳が入る。派生の転連拳は全てB・D入力。
4回目の激拳を強にすると、ほぼ安定しない。ゲージがない時は、絶・激拳の代わりに立ちAが入る(ダメージ5割弱)。
2回目→3回目の激拳を、強→弱あるいは弱→弱とすると、相手を高めに拾うのがより簡単になる。
高めで拾うのが難しいキャラ(アッシュ、ジョー等)は、こちらの手順を使うのがいい。

Tiamat
Powering up...24%
Powering up...24%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by Tiamat » Sun Apr 26, 2009 20:00

that sounds hot. I guess they need to be at the corner by the time you get to the qcf+A-qcf+K part?

Also this is a slight off topic but you said this Shen combo does 60% life, which sounds like more than any others I've heard of or seen. Is this the highest CC combo damage so far?

PenPen
MOAR
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Initial D: v6, Football Manager 2011, Dungeon Defenders

Post by PenPen » Mon Apr 27, 2009 14:05

Tiamat wrote:
Also this is a slight off topic but you said this Shen combo does 60% life, which sounds like more than any others I've heard of or seen. Is this the highest CC combo damage so far?
This is prolly the one that does the most damage thus far, yeah. Most CC combos involving random mashing Cs do around 30% or so.

Played Shen Woo again and finally got to execute SHEN WOO UPPERCUT as followup after a C version SHEN WOO PUNCH LITE, but currently more like 20% chance of it coming out (better than none). My timing is that when the SHEN WOO PUNCH LITE comes out, you do a qcf+K (which does nothing), and then another qcf+K (which may make the move come out). Don't do it too fast. That's how I managed to get it out.
SHEN WOO UPPERCUT followup will also automatically move him forward for a step so it'll link up.

dobiqwolf
Maxed Out! SDM time!
Maxed Out! SDM time!

Post by dobiqwolf » Tue Apr 28, 2009 23:18

A version of DM Shen Woo punch go through fireballs, I did his qcf+K after a qcf+P but it comes out well after the first punch hits so oponent can block it, couldnt do it in a combo.

PenPen
MOAR

Post by PenPen » Wed Apr 29, 2009 14:39

dobiqwolf wrote:A version of DM Shen Woo punch go through fireballs, I did his qcf+K after a qcf+P but it comes out well after the first punch hits so oponent can block it, couldnt do it in a combo.
Actually both does, I tried C version as well. I suppose there's just a huge amount of invincibility.

And for the followup the timing is tight, if the opponent can block it then it might have been done separately, or you did it too far away.

Tiamat
Powering up...24%
Powering up...24%

Post by Tiamat » Mon May 11, 2009 20:51

does shen have a f+C? been wondering about it cause looks like his old f.C

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzt0dWfT ... annel_page" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
check out lil after 3:30, f+C into qcf+P...though I can't tell if thats a cancel or a link, looks very late for a cancel (maybe just has a big window for cancel i dunno)

also, his d+D is cancelable to specials! i think this is new http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzt0dWfT ... annel_page" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by Tiamat on Mon May 11, 2009 21:01, edited 1 time in total.

SonicTempest
Posts too much
A.K.A.:>8|
Currently Playing:Dark Souls II
XBL:SonicTempest84
PSN:SonicTempest

Post by SonicTempest » Mon May 11, 2009 20:52

Well his f+C is his old far C animation.

The combo is just f+C (counter hit) QCF+P.

Kane317
Almost there! ...39%
Almost there! ...39%

Post by Kane317 » Wed May 13, 2009 14:01

So, still no word on how to get SW Upper to connect after SW Punch consistently? Does it have to be a juggle, from my limited experience with Shen (who I'm about to pick up) I got it to connect only if the opponent was in the air getting hit by SW punch

dobiqwolf
Maxed Out! SDM time!
Maxed Out! SDM time!

Post by dobiqwolf » Wed May 13, 2009 17:56

Kane317 wrote:So, still no word on how to get SW Upper to connect after SW Punch consistently? Does it have to be a juggle, from my limited experience with Shen (who I'm about to pick up) I got it to connect only if the opponent was in the air getting hit by SW punch
In London the player nicnamed Robocop2 can do it, not all the time but he found when to do it and I ate it a few time even during CC.
He does it at the end when Shen Woo start turning or something, now just practise *goro

Tiamat
Powering up...24%
Powering up...24%

Post by Tiamat » Wed May 13, 2009 20:35

I saw a Japanese Shen do it midscreen without launching them first, it was off the typical string to f+b qcf+P

btw is there any difference between qcf+A and qcf+C?

Kane317
Almost there! ...39%
Almost there! ...39%

Post by Kane317 » Wed May 13, 2009 21:50

dobiqwolf wrote:
Kane317 wrote:So, still no word on how to get SW Upper to connect after SW Punch consistently? Does it have to be a juggle, from my limited experience with Shen (who I'm about to pick up) I got it to connect only if the opponent was in the air getting hit by SW punch
In London the player nicnamed Robocop2 can do it, not all the time but he found when to do it and I ate it a few time even during CC.
He does it at the end when Shen Woo start turning or something, now just practise *goro
I noticed that it's a lot easier in CC, I've gotten it off CC everytime I attempted it.

Kane317
Almost there! ...39%
Almost there! ...39%

Post by Kane317 » Thu May 14, 2009 14:20

Tiamat wrote:I saw a Japanese Shen do it midscreen without launching them first, it was off the typical string to f+b qcf+P
</BR>
</BR>btw is there any difference between qcf+A and qcf+C?
qcf+A has fast recover (if not completely safe with the right distance). C version can be held and fully charged is unblockable. Both look the same visually which is prolly what you're asking.

Kane317
Almost there! ...39%
Almost there! ...39%

Post by Kane317 » Fri May 15, 2009 11:40

I'm trying to practice the timing of the qcf+K follow up, and I stumbled across this link. The quality is real bad but as you can see the follow up after the hcb~f+C grab is actually inputed REAL fast which is understandable due to the nature of the move.

Right around 2:58

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KW25Mhrnp2w&fmt=18" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tiamat
Powering up...24%
Powering up...24%

Post by Tiamat » Fri May 15, 2009 21:41

thanks for the link, I'd seen that combo in a vid before but didn't know you could get a standing A at the end. shen seems really strong

Kane317
Almost there! ...39%
Almost there! ...39%

Post by Kane317 » Sat May 16, 2009 15:35

-About his fully chargeed qcf+C that causes the opponent to slump over (simiar to a guard crush Charged.CD)...

Once his fists starts glowing it is unblockable however it's no longer stoppable with D once it reaches this stage. Curiously, you cannot do a full combo, if you dash and do a s.C, f+B, the f+B will whiff completely. So far, I managed to do a qcfx2+DM after the qcf+C and it's freaking damaging for 2 hits. I assume you can do CD into DM after the qcf+C

-d.Bx3, s.B is a great block string and real safe. You can add f+C to poke them if they try to retaliate.

-qcf+D and qcf+C starting frame looks the same.

-Try charging CD and quickly cancel into qcf+C (hold) for LOLs.