Kain
Charging...50%
Charging...50%
A.K.A.:Turned ON
XBL:Ocelotzin
PSN:Ashlar_Kain
Kyo (XII)

Post by Kain » Wed Oct 15, 2008 06:59

Ok. It's just simply wrong to have '95 Kyo with 2k3 clothes. Seeing that the game is still quite incomplete, there's a possibility of Kyo getting back his fire fists. Right? right?! Or maybe he's just being the jerk we all love: Hey, Iori, look who can still throw fireb... er, yami barais. :D

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Wed Oct 15, 2008 16:29

LOL, it'd be interesting to see what kind of special opening those two will have, that's for sure! Kyo would probably light both hands up and wave them around like an idiot before tossing a few fireballs here and there, while Shingo cries in secret.

~!T.T!~
Almost there! ...9%
Almost there! ...9%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by ~!T.T!~ » Tue Oct 21, 2008 07:26

i think i saw his qcf DD punished with shen close stand c outside of corner.....

goddamn

Dody
Charging...63%
Charging...63%

Re: Kyo (XII)

Post by Dody » Thu Oct 30, 2008 05:11

Kain wrote:Ok. It's just simply wrong to have '95 Kyo with 2k3 clothes. Seeing that the game is still quite incomplete, there's a possibility of Kyo getting back his fire fists. Right? right?! Or maybe he's just being the jerk we all love: Hey, Iori, look who can still throw fireb... er, yami barais. :D
Yes, its wrong. SNK should dressing Kyo with his KOF 99 costume. That's his best costume ever.

95 Kyo??? Thanks God. Finally the REAL Kyo Kusanagi is back. I love his 95 moveset. That's why I will play him again in XII.

I dont care he will geting his Aragami/Dokugami again or not. I dont care about that. His 95 moveset is the best.

SonicTempest
Posts too much
A.K.A.:>8|
Currently Playing:Dark Souls II
XBL:SonicTempest84
PSN:SonicTempest

Post by SonicTempest » Sat Apr 04, 2009 06:35

Complete movelist from Arcadia:
http://cyberfanatix.com/img/news/kofxii/arcadia/16.JPG" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's basically his KOF'95 movelist, really...but here it is anyway.

Command moves:
f+B
df+D

Special moves:
dp+P
QCF+P
QCF+K (no more followup input, just like KOFMI)
rdp+K
HCB+K

DMs:
QCB,HCF+P

Combos:
cB (x3), stand B, df+D
cB (x3), stand B, dp+P
jC, stand C, CD, rdp+K
jC, stand C, CD, QCF+K, rdp+B, dp+A (corner only)
jC, stand C, CD, DM

PenPen
MOAR
A.K.A.:Manipulating editor
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Initial D: v6, Football Manager 2011, Dungeon Defenders
PSN:penpen35

Post by PenPen » Thu Apr 09, 2009 17:30

Here's what I have with Kyo. I played him a lot, but I didn't get to do his C->CD fun stuff until after I fool around with his CDs a bit. So, most of the impressions are actually from me playing without knowing about C->CD.

qcf+P fierball is kinda small. Since the XII jump arcs are higher, I don't really see much use for this move, for the time being. It seems like every time I pull out this move, the opponent jumps in and hits Kyo.
qcf+K is his double kick, note that even though it juggles it doesn't even juggle very high (think 2k1 version but worse). The only special move I can connect off a qcf+K is his dp+P (prefer dp+C). You can't even connect into rdp+K, hcb+K, or Orochinagi. B version looks kinda funny since it has him doing the kicks on the spot instead of moving forward, and can link from weak attacks.
dp+P seems to be pretty good as anti-air. C version brings opponent into the air regardless of range.
hcb+K is...sneaky. Sneaky good. It surprised my real life opponent for a few times.
rdp+K is what it is. I don't know whether the D version has any invincibilities.

Orochinagi is a very, very good DM. Kyo has a pretty huge invincibility when he throws the flames off, so far the only thing that interrupted his Orochinagi is Andy's hcf+K, I think. But it lacks range.

Perfect Stranger
MAX! Time to break stock!
Currently Playing:Hide and seek with cops

Post by Perfect Stranger » Mon Apr 13, 2009 15:37

I can't seem to do C-> CD -combos anymore?

QCF K move now does 2 kicks even without the 2nd button press. Like Pen mentioned, I can only seem to connect DP into it, but C, qcf D, DP C does a meaty chunk of damage.

rdp b seems pretty safe on block. Not exactly like Red kick, but still servicable as a close the gap move.

PenPen
MOAR
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Initial D: v6, Football Manager 2011, Dungeon Defenders

Post by PenPen » Tue Apr 14, 2009 06:35

Perfect Stranger wrote:I can't seem to do C-> CD -combos anymore?
It works, tried it for a few times already. I think it's because standing C's cancel window is shorter than before. One fun thing to do is to do a standing C into CD on block, but charge CD attack into guard crush.

Unfortunately I haven't played XII since then, I'll get to play more later this week.

Perfect Stranger

Post by Perfect Stranger » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:56

No I mean I can't cancel after the CD when I do C->CD. During the old beta test I could C->CD->RDP D.

PenPen
MOAR

Post by PenPen » Tue Apr 14, 2009 16:49

That's weird because I can do that regularly, it needs to be done really fast, just like normal CD cancelling timing in previous KOFs.

I tried to do C -> CD -> qcf+D in the corner and link to ON, but it didn't work, I think. qcf+D does connect off the CD however.

SonicTempest
Posts too much

Post by SonicTempest » Thu Apr 16, 2009 18:19

Combo movie:
http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/official/ ... yo_cm.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Some interesting juggles in there.

Perfect Stranger

Post by Perfect Stranger » Fri Apr 17, 2009 16:22

Tried Kyo again, finally got a feel of the CD cancelling. The thing is, C->CD is *not* like old C -> fwd B command move cancelling. CD moves, while they link, have a delay before they hit. Trying to do C->CD->RDP D without a slight pause after the CD is not going to work. The game doesn't buffer the inputs for you, I don't think.

With that in mind though, Kyo definitely seems a lot better now than he felt for me earlier. C->CD basically acts as a hit confirm chain, and unlike some other character Kyo has some very decent options depending on whether or not the opponent blocked. Fireball after it feels really safe, rdp b is a good bet too if the opponent isn't crouching, and if you see the C hit, you can switch to rdp d which will hit just about everywhere on the screen for some very good damage.

I wonder if Orochinagi will connect off C -> CD in the corner?

SonicTempest
Posts too much

Post by SonicTempest » Fri Apr 17, 2009 19:35

Perfect Stranger wrote:I wonder if Orochinagi will connect off C -> CD in the corner?
I've seen some match videos where he does this, so it should still be possible. It already works outside the corner after all...

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR
A.K.A.:The Devil Of Orochinagi
Currently Playing:KoF XIII, KoF 98umfe, KoF 2k2um, Bloodborne

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Sat Apr 18, 2009 00:46

so no more qcf+DD (cant delay the second kick?)

is df+D a knockdown move or you can get something on it (a la NW / XI on first hit??)

PenPen
MOAR

Post by PenPen » Sun Apr 19, 2009 07:17

Yeah, qcf+K has him execute both hits.

I don't think df+D is cancellable on the first hit.