Iori Yagami (XII)

Information and discussion
Tiamat
Powering up...24%
Powering up...24%
A.K.A.:Turned ON
Re: Iori Yagami (XII)

Post by Tiamat » Tue Apr 21, 2009 23:39

I'm a bit confused as to which special corresponds to which command. Would someone please clear this up for me?

PenPen
MOAR
A.K.A.:Manipulating editor
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Initial D: v6, Football Manager 2011, Dungeon Defenders
PSN:penpen35

Post by PenPen » Wed Apr 22, 2009 14:27

SonicTempest pretty got everything down.

f+A,A is the same as before.

dp+P is a diagonal slash anti-air.
qcb+P is a slow upwards slash. Doesn't link from weak attacks unless you do the Iori combo (tm) of low B -> low A -> f+A -> qcb+P.
qcb+K is his forward running dash slash thingy.
hcf+C (yes, it's C only) is his grab, switches sides and tosses opponent high into the air for a juggle, can do bullshit combo i.e. hcf+C -> dp+P -> qcf,hcb+P.

qcf,hcb+P is maiden masher, but seems like the startup invincibility that he had before is now gone.

Tiamat
Powering up...24%
Powering up...24%

Post by Tiamat » Wed Apr 22, 2009 20:34

crap I can't believe I missed that it was just a few posts back *sweatdrop

Greed Sever
Charging...85%
Charging...85%

Post by Greed Sever » Thu May 07, 2009 00:18

SRK has some stuff up in their kof forum, including some different names for Iori's moves (which I'm inclined to believe are incorrect) as well as saying that he still has his f-B (stoopid srk) but I was curious because it says the d,df,f,df,d,db,b-A/C move is called "Yawakajou". I know it's basically still the Ya Otome, but can anyone tell me what "Wakajou" means? Or is this just more srk sillyness?

Yuki Yagami
Wyler is my God!!!
A.K.A.:a "trader" and a "messenger"
Currently Playing:...with someone's mind...

Post by Yuki Yagami » Thu May 07, 2009 02:35

Greed Sever wrote:SRK has some stuff up in their kof forum, including some different names for Iori's moves (which I'm inclined to believe are incorrect) as well as saying that he still has his f-B (stoopid srk) but I was curious because it says the d,df,f,df,d,db,b-A/C move is called "Yawakajou". I know it's basically still the Ya Otome, but can anyone tell me what "Wakajou" means? Or is this just more srk sillyness?
Wakajou (or most likely, Chijou) seems to be an old Japanese term for "Girls"

稚 (Waka/Chi) = Young/immature

Wakajou/Chijou = Girls

Kin (forbidden) 1211 Shiki: Ya Chijou (Eight Girls) ( lol sounds like a pedo with that move. OMG )

EDIT: I heard in KOF '96 when Goenitz does his Shin Ya Otome, he screams, "Shin Ya Chijou!".

Tiamat
Powering up...24%
Powering up...24%

Post by Tiamat » Fri May 08, 2009 07:39

Thanks to SonicTempest for translated combo

IORI - 62%
QCB+Kx3 -> jump A (END OF CC MODE) -> jump C -> stand C -> HCF+C -> dash -> CD -> dp+C -> QCF,HCB+P

Kane317
Almost there! ...39%
Almost there! ...39%

Post by Kane317 » Tue May 12, 2009 15:49

Tiamat wrote: qcb+P combos to dp+P???
Yes, but only if it's qcb+C into dp+A and it works anywhere on the screen.

Tiamat
Powering up...24%
Powering up...24%

Post by Tiamat » Wed May 13, 2009 08:40

I suppose qcb+A is a little faster but qcb+B is better if you can get it?
and dp+A is faster, but is there anything better about the dp+C version?

thanks for the info =]

AshCrimson
Charging...15%
Charging...15%

Post by AshCrimson » Mon May 25, 2009 10:18

Tiamat wrote:I suppose qcb+A is a little faster but qcb+B is better if you can get it?
and dp+A is faster, but is there anything better about the dp+C version?

thanks for the info =]
Well if you're too far, like if you do d+B, d+A, f+A not from the closest distance and follow up with qcb+C it will miss completely. If you use qcb+A instead the first hit will miss and the second will connect. qcb+C has slower start up, but you can follow up with dp+A after. If you only do stand C, qcb+C, then both hits will connect and you can do dp+A.

In the corner things change, you can do stand C -> CD -> qcb+C -> either super or (qcb+A -> down A) or dp+A

As for the qcb+K, you would only want to use this if you're far away or as a block string. It doesn't knock them down, where as qcb+P does knock down. Well I guess it just depends on your preference, but in a combo that connects and isn't blocked, I'd rather have them knocked down. You can also do stand C -> CD -> qcb+K if you want to push them back far and corner them.

Kane317
Almost there! ...39%
Almost there! ...39%

Post by Kane317 » Tue May 26, 2009 17:33

From CX:
sugarboy :
QCB+Kx3 -> (while jumping) A (END OF CC MODE) -> (while landing from your jump) C -> stand C -> HCF+C -> dash -> CD -> dp+C -> QCF,HCB+P

and adding a tactical combo after his HCF+C

HCF+C -> dash -> C+D -cancel it into> qcb+b (wont hit) -> qcb+A -> B -cancel it into> qcb+b (wont hit)

so u can b infront of your opponent just before he lands and pressure him, or if you just want to get as much more damage as u can (without using a DM)

HCF+C -> dash -> C+D -cancel it into> qcb+b (wont hit) -> qcb+A -> dp+A

i didn't master this combo yet but i guess somehow you might be able to connect a DM after qcb+A or even maybe you can connect a qcb+C instead of qcb+A, the timing has to be perfect.... or i might be talking shit about a DM being connected (in the middle of the screen) after a qcb+P !!!

not to forget that you can connect the DM like this

HCF+C -> dash -> C+D -cancel it into> qcb+b (wont hit) -> DM

AshCrimson
Charging...15%
Charging...15%

Post by AshCrimson » Sat Jun 27, 2009 14:36

So Kane317 and I were playing and found the timing for the stuff he just mentioned above. For the juggles after his hcf+C, you have to dash and immediately hit CD once you start dashing, then cancel to qcb+B. Note that you can do a late cancel or early cancel after the CD, you need to do it as early as possible. Once that qcb+B misses, you do qcb+A immediately then finish off. Alternatively to the qcb+A in that, you can do s. C and if you have them high enough, cancel to qcb+D and you will end up right behind them as they land. Good for mix ups.

Also his combo j. C / D -> s. C -> hcf+C tends this miss a lot of you don't hit them deep enough or you jump attack hits in front of the character (rather than from above. You can increase your chances of getting that hcf+C off by:
1. Jump attack hitting from above the character
2. Use j. A/B
3. Jump attack deeper (obviously)
4. After the jump attack use s. A, f+A instead of s. C (helps to hit confirm)

One thing to note is that it is nearly impossible to combo hcf+C from a normal attack if you hit the back of your opponent =(

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd also like to take note of his qcb+K, this move is one of his best to get on the offensive from mid/long distance. Besides the obvious that its fast and goes far there's a lot of benefits. One thing is If you're too far, you can use it to travel. Most importantly is the ability to get counter hits with it and its large hit box.

One of the ways I like to try to get counter hits with this is to do this on a block string:
C -> CD -> late qcb+B
The delayed qcb+B cancel will sometimes make your opponent think they can go on the offensive. If they know this is coming though they can punish you with a lot of things like dp/super/b+CD

If you can pull off a counter hit against ground with qcb+K, you can do the following:
1. j. C -> C -> CD -> super or corner juggles (hard to connect because of timing of j.C -> C)
2. dash C -> CD -> super or corner juggles
3. j. A -> s. A -> f+A -> hcf+C -> whatevers

If you counter hit against air:
1. super (depends on height of opponent)
2. corner juggles (if opponent in corner)
3. dp+P
4. dash C -> qcb+B (miss but to move closer for pressure)
5. dash C -> charge CD (for possible guard crush)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

You always see people do either arcadia combos CC combos or just random normal attacks in CC, but here's an alternative one I found from nicovideo a couple days ago, which I got to pull off most of yesterday:

(corner) CC -> qcb+A -> dp+A, qcb+B -> qcb+A -> CD -> qcb+C -> CD -> qcb+C or dp+C -> super

If its in the middle of the screen, doing the arcadia one probably better, although the middle part where you do j. A -> j. C can miss some crouching characters or Chin, so you can just skip that step if that's the case and just auto-dash s. C

Kane317
Almost there! ...39%
Almost there! ...39%

Post by Kane317 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 21:00

My friend, ^ Ash Crimson, also found yesterday that s.C, f+A hcf+C actually combos if you're close enough.

KusoGaki
Charging...69%
Charging...69%
A.K.A.:KOF[UK]
XBL:Kuso4649Gaki
PSN:Kuso4649Gaki

Post by KusoGaki » Thu Jul 02, 2009 18:20

Maybe this is already common knowledge, i had never thought of it before anyway, but was playing against Tim119 on Saturday and after landing (not blocked though it pushes back too far) cr.B, cr.A, f+A, hcb+B because it leaves u right next to the opponent you can command grab them if they don't do anything. Thought it was quite funny, caught him with it a couple of times.

Can't remember for sure but u must be able to dp them if they try to press buttons.

AshCrimson
Charging...15%
Charging...15%

Post by AshCrimson » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:31

KusoGaki wrote:Maybe this is already common knowledge, i had never thought of it before anyway, but was playing against Tim119 on Saturday and after landing (not blocked though it pushes back too far) cr.B, cr.A, f+A, hcb+B because it leaves u right next to the opponent you can command grab them if they don't do anything. Thought it was quite funny, caught him with it a couple of times.

Can't remember for sure but u must be able to dp them if they try to press buttons.
Yeah qcb+B leaves you close enough, but whenever I try to go for that I get a d+D punish, which sometimes stuffs the dp+P as well. If I'm that close, I usually try to go for s. C, which does sometimes net me a CC or regular counter-hit. If the qcb+B leaves me too far, then I just do another qcb+B or hop A.

[edit] After the blocked qcb+B, the opponents I tend to play against wait for a split second to see if I do a dp+P, and if they see it, they block and do a d+D. If they don't see it, they do any attack which will hit me out of the hcf+C since it has start up time. This seems to be a popular way to play against command grabs or even regular grabs, wait a split second and if nothing happens, poke/attack. This is also what I do against jump attacks on block, wait a split second to see if they continue with a ground hit, if they don't, then s. A or d. B.

Clouth
Is it a bot?
A.K.A.:Maho?
PSN:Clouth

Post by Clouth » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:15

Does anyone Use the 6A, 2nd A? I was doing j.C, C, 6A, 2nd A, DM or 263C. It nets pretty good dmg with the super 38something and I think 4xx on CH.