Leave your brain cells at the door.
Foxhole
DESU!
A.K.A.:Himono Onna/Easy Prey
Currently Playing:with Atenolol.
PSN:ELT-Jurippe
Re: Is it me...

Post by Foxhole » Sat Aug 20, 2011 05:40

Times like this I wish Kulanator was around, I used to complain she made it too lively, now I'm whining.

Sooooooooooooo old.

The Monster
Powering up...7%
Powering up...7%
A.K.A.:Poison Mist All Day!
PSN:MonsterManX

Post by The Monster » Sat Aug 20, 2011 06:37

I think it's amazing to see different people worldwide who all share the same liking. Well maybe when KOF XIII comes out you guys can like advertise your board or do something big to get it rollin again. There's only 3 major KOF fan sites I found over here on google and like I said , their boards aren't even as close to organized as this one. You guys could seriously reap the benefits of having a good board and a small community and get a bigger one. Just a thought. Wouldn't blame ya'll if you didn't wanna put up with a ton more people.

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR
A.K.A.:The Devil Of Orochinagi
Currently Playing:KoF XIII, KoF 98umfe, KoF 2k2um, Bloodborne

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Sat Aug 20, 2011 07:20

Considering this board is now the longest english kof site it is clean and well kept. Yeah, years ago during the hay days of kof 98, 99 up to 2k2 (id even say XI) boards were thriving and lots of ppl wanted to learn and play. Downturn in kof gaming has basicallly eradicated most of the members and the ones that are still here just talk about whatever. The new generation of players are into SF4 (gay!) and other shit fighters.

There has been tones of new posts and what not on this site. Runsmith pretty much posts anything that new thats relevant to XIII. Hopefully when the game drop we do get more players here. You can help with bringing them here and giving them the heads up.

DC is the USA english board of choice as there are more active members there then here. Dare I say there is alot of experience here tho (Or is it me..... See what i did there?)

Foxhole
DESU!

Post by Foxhole » Sat Aug 20, 2011 07:46

I'm fine with more people, they tend to crowd into the actual gameplay section anyways.

I used to sit in a bubble tea house for 4-5 hours skipping class to play KOF 99, that was more than a decade ago. If I could turn back the clock on my body, I probably wouldn't mind doing the same for XIII. But with what time and energy I have left in my 20's, I'd rather make money, chase women, watch jdramas, or read. Playing games is usually last on my list save a few titles.

The Monster
Powering up...7%
Powering up...7%

Post by The Monster » Sat Aug 20, 2011 08:40

Oh I hear ya. SF4 in my opinion is the epitamy of dissapointment.

*Rant* Like I always hear how upsetting KOF 12 was , well SF4 was like that to me. I was a SF fan most of my life and that game just made me so sad. That was all I was looking fowarded to but then it hit me. And nothing towards anyone here in a competitive scene , but that game was made for tourne people. Slow pacing , slow moves , lots of cheap crap , etc ,etc (and not to go off tangent but worst endings EVER). The only thing I liked in that game was the block. Returned that game. Played SSF4 at my college and at my friends house , just so much dissapointment still and they nerfed characters I liked. Now I see this AE crap and I don't even wanna touch it. Everything was just poorly done IMO. I mean I'll play Super at my friends because I love the SF characters and whatever but it's just not the same. Alpha 3 will always be my favorite. Awesome bad ass sprites , great different roster with all the old favs , fast but not too fast ( similar to KOF 13 .. though some of you guys say its slow , different strokes for different folks). Absolutely loved that game , and everything just felt well polished. And don't even get me started on MvC3. MvC2 was like a whole part of my life , I played that arcades and at home all the time. 11 years later and we get a lackluster product.*End Rant*

It's just a shame what's happened to a lot of fighting game players. Well I guess long story short be happy there's people like me out there who went from some of these Crapcom games to wanting to try something different like KOF. Hopefully that didn't come off conceited or w/e. And absolutely I'll do my best to spread the word for you guys. Um what's this DC board you speak of? Maybe I can do some magic over there and bring people here.

Foxhole: I hear ya , the more I work the more foucus I'm losing on big titles and the more I want to play chiller games like Tetris and Marvel Pinball. But fighting games will always have my heart , so I'll find a way. Glad I don't do anything competitively , then I'd be screwed. And yeah reminds me of my MvC2 days of sitting at my Dad's house staring up at an old big screen T.V for hours wrecking CPU faces and getting like this insane score that made my hands and face sweat to death.

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:35

The Monster wrote:Um what's this DC board you speak of? Maybe I can do some magic over there and bring people here.
http://dreamcancel.com/. Some people do come here but seldom. Id say let them come on their own accord.
The Monster wrote: Alpha 3 will always be my favorite.
Amen to that. A3 is my favorite sf game by far. Music, characters, gameplay is all top notch. Only thing I wished for is like a dash or run feature but I can live without it. I remember there was a rumor of A4 but then it turned out to be sf4 soooo we all now how bad that is. Anything Ono touches turns to shit. Thank god Harada hasnt turned gay and is still making good tekken games.

IsshunSengeki
Powering up...70%
Powering up...70%
A.K.A.:#HAMLORD
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, BlazBlue Chronophantasma
PSN:IsshunSengeki

Post by IsshunSengeki » Sat Aug 20, 2011 14:51

Wow, lots of SF4 hate here, maybe we're all salty because Alpha 3/3rd Strike skill (I will concede that those games actually require skill) doesn't translate to SF4 "skill" (for want of a better word)? :lol:
Honestly, SF4 doesn't bother me. Mostly because it wasn't until Super that I started to take fighting games seriously (and then I found KOF, the love of my life), and it's the most popular game in my area, competition-wise. Yeah, we have Tekken, and since my first fighter ever was Tekken 3 on the PSX, I will always love Tekken to death. I'm horribly, horribly bad at it, though. So, so bad.
tl;dr
Alpha 3 and 3rd Strike are superior to SF4 in every way, but I play it because it was my first "serious" fighter, and it's just the flavour of the month at the moment.
There's also Tekken, and I love it, but I'm horrible at it.
I want KOF XIII nao kthxbai

Foxhole
DESU!

Post by Foxhole » Sat Aug 20, 2011 15:27

I actually enjoy SFIV a lot. It was the first fighting game I played in a long time where I actually dedicated a fair chunk of time playing. It felt like a far more refined version of SFII, and had far more forgiving controls than the Alpha Series did. It allowed me more freedom, though that dissipated through the years as people got better and I realized I couldn't play it KOF style. What keeps me coming back to the game isn't really the play, but the insane cast of characters that really brings across some of Capcom's best and brightest designs from more than two decades of fighting games and does it in a way that appeals to the mainstream.

Blazblu is my disappointment, with somewhat moeish character designs and a truly irritating OTG system I got bored of it in a few days. I miss its netcode though.

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Sat Aug 20, 2011 17:26

Foxhole wrote:I actually enjoy SFIV a lot. It was the first fighting game I played in a long time where I actually dedicated a fair chunk of time playing. It felt like a far more refined version of SFII, and had far more forgiving controls than the Alpha Series did. It allowed me more freedom, though that dissipated through the years as people got better and I realized I couldn't play it KOF style. What keeps me coming back to the game isn't really the play, but the insane cast of characters that really brings across some of Capcom's best and brightest designs from more than two decades of fighting games and does it in a way that appeals to the mainstream.

Blazblu is my disappointment, with somewhat moeish character designs and a truly irritating OTG system I got bored of it in a few days. I miss its netcode though.
Are you for reals?!?! Unforgiving controls on A3?! Its easily one of the better controlling games. Yeah, def cant play sf like kof. You have to play "footsies" in order to win....

I liked how "option select" became about as a glitch in the controls but now apart of its game (much like AG and FB glitches in 98). When i heard about what option select was i laughed so hard...Worst system add on ever.

Ive never played blazblu... But i have seen matches and I cant stand how they dont shut up.

The Monster
Powering up...7%
Powering up...7%

Post by The Monster » Sat Aug 20, 2011 18:11

Dark_Chaotix : Wow I'm a F'in (um we allowed to curse?) Idiot , I had the Dream Cancel Wiki saved to my favorites , didn't realise there was an actual site ROFL explains why I hear about it so much. Well recently at E3 aside from hinting at a new Darkstalkers (which I have a huge suspicsion is going to be better then SF4 , but then again it's Crapcom so I'll keep one eye opened) , they said they had interest in making another Alpha. I freaked the hell out when they said that. If they do it they best not mess it up or there's going to be trouble. I think rather then run you just kinda shimmy up a little faster or something. Idk it's been a least a year since I've played it. I had the psp one , and the A.I even on the simpliest difficulties was insane. I want that HD'd for PS3 XD so I can use a controller , have good online ,etc.

Isshun: I have Tekken 6 and admittly I'm not a fan of it , but I love the Roster and I love the fact that they've kinda always been stable as a franchise. I'd rather see them reinvent themselves but I'd probally be the only guy who'd like it if they did. Oh well.

Foxhole: Alpha 3 was soooo good , you crazy! XD . I tried blazblue like 2 weeks ago , the only thing I really enjoyed about that game was the 4 button breakout system. I swear more games need that so we can stop with their tier stuff. Oh well.

So judging by some of these posts , KOF is more aggressive then SF would be huh? Guess those videos I watched didn't lie. Sounds better and better by the minute.

Foxhole
DESU!

Post by Foxhole » Sat Aug 20, 2011 18:58

Some people prefer loose controls over tight, Alpha 3 was like kof 96 for me. Not to say I didn't enjoy the game, I preferred Alpha 2.

When Sf4 first came out , playing it like kof was fairly effective before the top tier players laid down the gameplay laws.

As for tiers, they'll always exist as long as there's competitive gaming, balance is an ideal devs aim for, but know they'll never reach. If more people actually played instead of whining then maybe they could reach a level where they can legitimately complain about balance.

Edit: excuse my poor phrasing, i hate typing on mY tablet.

BP
hunted by pedo police
A.K.A.:Leader of the Yoruzuya Dan
Currently Playing:Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, KoF XIII

Post by BP » Sun Aug 21, 2011 00:01

As for tiers, they'll always exist as long as there's competitive gaming, balance is an ideal devs aim for, but know they'll never reach. If more people actually played instead of whining then maybe they could reach a level where they can legitimately complain about balance.
Well said.

Unfortunately, though, their cries are heard a lot more easier nowadays, thus the whole thing with patching. While it's probably good that they're trying to make the game a little more fresh, the crying still won't stop because people won't bother to put in the time and effort. Eventually, they'll either have to finally accept what the game is or move on to another game or even another genre.

Foxhole
DESU!

Post by Foxhole » Sun Aug 21, 2011 00:03

My statement was made from a logical perspective. If I were to add a dose of realism to it, I would have just said, "people will complain regardless."

Shiny
Posts too much
A.K.A.:Wreck-It Richard.
Currently Playing:Baseball. With your skull.
XBL:Callsign Rain
PSN:Anariaca3279

Post by Shiny » Sun Aug 21, 2011 01:12

Tiers for Fears: Shout (til a patch comes out)

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Sun Aug 21, 2011 04:04

You always going to have tiers even with a combo breaking system. I dont agree with that system like it was in Kof XI and there are matches that get stale because all they do is use skill stock to safe tag. Nowadays, XI matches are looking abit more stylish and using skill stock for tag combos etc. It just some players either arent good at tag combos or rather keep it for "get out of jail" option. In spite of all this you still have god characters like K.G.O that wreck house without much effort even with a combobreaker system.

Games like MK that have adopted a combobreaker system, still have characters that are better then others. Some build meter quicker then others thus giving them more options for offecne and defence.

I always think of it this way.

If there was a game with characters that had the same number of moves, same type of moves, everyone had the same combo, dealt the same damage and had the same mixup game, whats the point of picking a different character besides their skin? Giving a character something different will start to tip them good or bad. Thats just how it is. Obvious example of this to me is Ryu and Ken back in sf2 days, both exactly the same until they branched out to power (ryu) and speed (ken).