Bugle/Hawk'M
Wyler is my God!!!
A.K.A.:When life gives you lemons, make Kaiser Waves
Currently Playing:some games
XBL:BugleHawkeM
PSN:BugleHawkeM
Stupid arguments

Post by Bugle/Hawk'M » Sat Jun 13, 2009 06:32

So I was talking to a friend and the conversation somehow came around to who from Resident Evil would win in a fight: Chris or Leon. I said Leon because in Degeneration he never fired a round that wasn't a head shot. He argued that Chris could beat him to death bare knuckle style. We pretty much came to the conclusion that Leon would win in a gun or knife fight, but Chris would obviously win in a fist fight. As I put it "Chris could backhand a mountain and it would become a volcano."

I've also had an hour+ argument about the morals of killing the constantly spawning Mermen in Symphony of the Night. I said it was justified because they attacked me. He says that they were defending their home. No consensus was ever reached.

Have anything to add to these stupid arguments? What completely inane arguments have you guys had?

Fuu
hunted by pedo police
Currently Playing:by ear
PSN:OswaldK9o

Re: Stupid arguments

Post by Fuu » Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:36

This reminds me, i was having a friendly discussion with BP(don't remember the topic), then someone, i think either tard or bonta, butted in with a NO UR WRONG. I asked to elaborate and then he was like eeeew i'm not having an ARGUMENT kthxbye. lol?

I used to argue about DMC being a far better game than GOW back when i had yet to see the light of GodHand. in the end my friend admitted GOW had bad gameplay, character design and storyline, but he liked so much the backgrounds that it still was the superior game to him. Whatever floats your boat i guess!

Apathy Wind
Maxed Out?!
A.K.A.:PS3 Crap Shoot
Currently Playing:no whammies, no whammies...

Post by Apathy Wind » Sat Jun 13, 2009 20:00

Fuu wrote:In the end my friend admitted GOW had bad gameplay, character design and storyline
Whattt?? We're about to have a stupid argument now! (j/k) Seriously though I definitely don't think GoW has bad gameplay and don't see it's story as significantly better or worse then DMCs. Character designs could go either way - I can see why western looking Kratos wouldn't be popular with those raised on japanese designs but damn if I didn't hate DMC3's Dante...

Back on topic - I've had tons of stupid arguments or discussions; including:

- Whether Bug Bunny was a reallllly tall rabbit or if Elmer Fudd and Yosemite Sam were just realllly short
- How the open faced sandwich is by definition NOT a sandwich and that if we accept it as such then anything sitting on a piece of bread automatically becomes an 'open faced ________ sandwich' (i.e. stack two pieces of bread and you have an open faced bread sandwich)
- Some nonsense about flying halibut (I don't even remember what the details were - just that the argument lasted about 30 minutes and that none of the participants were impaired...)

BP
hunted by pedo police
A.K.A.:Leader of the Yoruzuya Dan
Currently Playing:Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, KoF XIII

Post by BP » Sat Jun 13, 2009 23:37

Almost ever versus thread about characters vs others at Gamefaqs and other corners of the internet. You haven't seen inane arguments until you read some of that garbage spewed there.

As for stupid arguments in real-life...well my sister argued several times with her father about soft drinks (as in who drinks what and so on).

hebretto
Neomaxxing
A.K.A.:Free HUGS!!!
Currently Playing:2D fighting games
XBL:hebretto

Post by hebretto » Mon Jun 15, 2009 02:46

I have discussions as to who my friend's cat loves more between the two of us hahahahaha.

I also have discussions about why cats are better than dogs.

I don't really remember any other arguments other than those with my father about driving and how you should learn to ride a pushbike first? So fucking dumb!

Iori E
Almost there! ...80%
Almost there! ...80%
A.K.A.:Yayifications!
Currently Playing:Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale, Final Fantasy Tactics, Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness

Post by Iori E » Thu Jul 02, 2009 08:19

CABLE VS. OROCHI, WHO WOULD WIN?

(Most of you won't get that reference unless you've been in ON since the old old days, before it was even called ON.)

hebretto
Neomaxxing
A.K.A.:Free HUGS!!!
Currently Playing:2D fighting games
XBL:hebretto

Post by hebretto » Fri Jul 03, 2009 06:15

I don't know shit bout what you're on but Cable has AHVB Orochi has SHIT compared to him hahahaha