[UM] King

Was it all just Shingo's dream?
PenPen
MOAR
A.K.A.:Manipulating editor
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Initial D: v6, Football Manager 2011, Dungeon Defenders
PSN:penpen35
[UM] King

Post by PenPen » Fri Apr 04, 2008 08:07

hcb+P now knocks opponent off the ground if it hits.

Low B is cancellable.
qcbx2+K can now link from weak and strong attacks, so its much more useful now.

PenPen
MOAR
A.K.A.:Manipulating editor
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Initial D: v6, Football Manager 2011, Dungeon Defenders
PSN:penpen35

Post by PenPen » Sat Jun 07, 2008 07:16

Apparently her df+D works just like EX King, you can cancel from it if you do it by itself only.

frionel
Powering up...50%
Powering up...50%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by frionel » Sun Jun 08, 2008 04:17

You can also cancel it when it cancels another attack, but the timing is quite special.

But sure, you can do D (2hits), df D, hcb C or qcf hcb B (the B version of the super is instant, so connects from heavy attacks)

Big damage and easy to confirm

Kane317
Almost there! ...39%
Almost there! ...39%

Post by Kane317 » Sat Aug 09, 2008 08:24

It's only fair I post about her after the Ex King post.

First of all, small correction for her hcb+P Mirage Kick. C version does knock the opponent into the air but A version does not (haven't found a use yet).

-(Corner) s.D (1 hit) > Surprise Rose A > Tornado Kick (Surprise Rose C version can be use, but you need to Q.MAX for the Tornado Kick to connect).
-(Corner) Trap Shot > Q.MAX > Tornado Kick. Note: if the Trap Shot is close enough to the corner, Illusion Dance DM will connect as well (If you do two d.Bs then a Trap Shot it puts you too far already).
-Mirage Kick (hcb+C) also Q.Maxes into Tornado Kick in the corner.

It should be noted that the Corner combo of: j.C > s.D [1hit] > Surprise Rose A > Tornado Kick D ~50% no stocks needed, no Q.Maxing necessary for 'Advanced Mode' players =)

arstal
Charging...76%
Charging...76%

Post by arstal » Wed Sep 17, 2008 03:58

One more change.

B strength Illusion Dance is a lot quicker on startup, and can be used similar to a Maiden Masher on wakeup.

I'm seriously thinking she might be equal to EX King (more versatile but less combo damage)

Kane317
Almost there! ...39%
Almost there! ...39%

Post by Kane317 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:05

arstal wrote:One more change.

B strength Illusion Dance is a lot quicker on startup, and can be used similar to a Maiden Masher on wakeup.

I'm seriously thinking she might be equal to EX King (more versatile but less combo damage)
On another thread I compared the two and I agree, it's hard to decide which one is better, and it's not by much either. I think if you have Extra Gauge, EX King edges out ever so slightly.

Ex's King command throw --> Double Strike DM is enough to win normal king over.

My Regular King vs Ex King comparison