[UM] Eiji

Was it all just Shingo's dream?
PenPen
MOAR
A.K.A.:Manipulating editor
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Initial D: v6, Football Manager 2011, Dungeon Defenders
PSN:penpen35
[UM] Eiji

Post by PenPen » Thu Mar 27, 2008 14:55

This dude is not the XI version, just to point it out first. But the moves that are in XI are in this game as well.

Far C cancellable. Close C and D are both cancellable, even though I think close D's cancel timing is different from XI.

Air qcf+P: Throws ninja dart thingy diagonally downwards. Currently can't see whether distance is adjusted for the A/C version. It's pretty fast, and it seems that the CPU really likes to fall for this move. From what I read, this move can OTG.
qcf+P: Goes pretty far, the blast is about 1.5 character space long. Good for keeping the opponent grounded and rather safe, it seems. But not a good anti-air move, mind you. C version goes really far.
qcb+P: Not much range, but comes out pretty fast and definitely hits the opponent whether it's the start or the end of the move. Good anti-almost everything move.
hcf+K: Teleport. From what I read, B version has upper body invincibility, and D version has lower body invincibility.
hcb+K: Dashing slash thingy. Unlike XI, it knocks opponent away instead. Note that if blocked, Eiji is sorta open for a combo.
dp+P: I don't see much use here yet. Maybe it reflects fierballs? Anyway it was noted that he can do low D -> dp+P in the corner.
rdp+K: Seems crappier now. But still decent on block. From what I played, rdp+D, land then far C->qcf+P seems like a decent pressure string and is rather repeatable.

qcf,hcb+P: Hueg fierball, comboable and comes out really quickly. C version is for opponents who try to do something funny, while A version works better as anti-air. Main super.
qcf,hcb+K: Ranbu moev, stops if blocked. Anyway, it was noted that it can link from low B->low A, and it's generally advised that it be done in combos instead.

Kyosuke Kagami
Posts too much
A.K.A.:BROsuke
Currently Playing:A lot of things
PSN:KagaminKyousuke

Post by Kyosuke Kagami » Thu Mar 27, 2008 19:29

I know this isn't a vid thread, but...

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_cg00XMTY4MjAxMTI=.html

OMG... Eiji's Kikoho (or whatever his qcf+P move is called) is just too good. It even stopped Kyo's RED Kick and nulifies projectiles.

From what I can tell, he's a very solid and good char to use. LMAO @ far standing C -> Kikoho. It seems like they programmed him partially based on his XI incarnation.

TamaYak
One stock!
One stock!

Post by TamaYak » Fri Mar 28, 2008 04:38

In the videos Eiji goes jump d, dwn d (1hit) dwn a then whatever.

Greed Sever
Charging...85%
Charging...85%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by Greed Sever » Sun Mar 30, 2008 15:10

Eiji's qcb-P looks crazy good this time, seems to stop just about everything!

Frederick
Mode Change!
Mode Change!

Post by Frederick » Fri Apr 11, 2008 06:13

his close D is automatically two hits. very beginner friendly since it gives you so much time to decide on what move you want to combo into.

down D on first hit still cancels like xi into whatever. A kikoho, A reflect, slash, either supers

dwn b, dwn a into either of his supers dm or sdm all work.

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Sun May 04, 2008 16:43

hcb+B on block seems to be really safe. Follow your a blocked s.D> hcb+B with another close s.D, and your stand D will very likely beat whatever they throw out.

From Wiki:

c.B> c.A> Quick Max> s.D> Ranbu Super

c.D> Quick Dodge> Dodge Attack> Ranbu Super

Divemans
I'm not a bot! :3

Post by Divemans » Sun Jun 22, 2008 03:09

Any confirmation that eijis dp + P still reflects projectiles?

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:51

Yep it does.

Divemans

Post by Divemans » Sun Jun 22, 2008 22:07

oh thanks, I´ve seen a lot of vids, but nobody seems to do it when characters like krauser or ex king throws them

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Sun Jun 22, 2008 23:52

That probably because most Krauser and Ex King players will use fireballs against Eiji very sparingly and only under the right set ups (e.g., as a meaty or off a blocked string). Its not the reflect they're worried about... its the super =p

Divemans

Post by Divemans » Mon Jun 23, 2008 03:16

AcidicEnema wrote:That probably because most Krauser and Ex King players will use fireballs against Eiji very sparingly and only under the right set ups (e.g., as a meaty or off a blocked string). Its not the reflect they're worried about... its the super =p
oh I see, one thing I noticed is that his qcb + p does not negate fireballs like on KoF XI :-( or at least ive seen some vids in which they do it and they get hit by the fireball anyways

Kane317
Almost there! ...39%
Almost there! ...39%

Post by Kane317 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 15:52

AcidicEnema wrote: From Wiki:

d.B> d.A> Quick Max> s.D> Ranbu Super
Works better on crossups and taller characters. Holding fwd before pressing D helps too. I rather skip the d.A part and just do d.B> QMAX> s.D> Ranbu DM.

-d.B, Close B, Far s.B> B Ranbu DM or C Projectile DM.

-qcb+P is the only special that combos off light attacks, hence dash d.A> qcb+P is the best choice for punishing (outside of Projectile DM). Even fast enough to punish a blocked set of Iori's Deadly Flowers (qcb+P x 3)

-Like Kasumi, backx2~qcf+P is good for zoning and relatively safe.

-Close A/B/C/D, Far A/B/C all cancel.

-Advance mode combo: Full screen Projectile DM [counter], Projectile SDM.

-qcf+A is for combos (off a s.D or d.D usually) and qcf+C is for near-full screen usage.

-Worth mentioning again, QCB+P is super fast, and the hitbox is huge, above you and slightly behind you (you can stuff rolls although dp+C is better)

-C Projectile DM is so fast it's not funny, good twitch anti-air DM too.

-If the opponent jumps at you and you time a late d.C [counter] > A Projectile DM.
Last edited by Kane317 on Thu Aug 21, 2008 20:26, edited 2 times in total.

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Thu Aug 21, 2008 02:21

Eiji plays pretty differently from XI despite his moves being practically identical. The larger sprites in UM means I use him as a zoner rather than going in aggressively. He's slightly toned down from XI: the (C) fireball DM is slower than in XI, and you have to anticipate a fireball, since if you throw in out in response, opponent has time to block, unlike in XI where your opponent is screwed once they toss a fireball when Eiji has stock.

On the other hand, gratuitous mixing of his qcf+P and air fireball at the right distance can drive anyone nuts. Heck, Eiji plays almost like a shoto: bait someone into jumping, then hit them with a qcb+P, which is pretty much a Moon Slasher that you don't have charge. The hitbox for that is HUGE, and it lasts long enough to catch rollers as well. As much as I like using Eiji, I'd hate to fight another Eiji user. :P

Kane317
Almost there! ...39%
Almost there! ...39%

Post by Kane317 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 20:25

I think Eiji's projectile DM has gotta be overall, top 3 best DMs (at the DM level at least) in UM... and I'll add that Ex King's Surprise Rose DM and Krauser's Rush DM is up there as well.

PenPen
MOAR
A.K.A.:Manipulating editor
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Initial D: v6, Football Manager 2011, Dungeon Defenders
PSN:penpen35

Re: [UM] Eiji

Post by PenPen » Thu Feb 19, 2009 15:41

Played against an Eiji player today, dude's qcb+P is scary. Even if my Beni does the drill which gives him some extra time to avoid Eiji's qcb+P, he still gets hit by that move.