[UM] EX Mai

Was it all just Shingo's dream?
PenPen
MOAR
A.K.A.:Manipulating editor
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Initial D: v6, Football Manager 2011, Dungeon Defenders
PSN:penpen35
[UM] EX Mai

Post by PenPen » Sun Mar 23, 2008 19:52

I played against EX Mai today. She can be very dangerous, going against her is quite hard if used correctly.

qcf+P: Fan throw, nothing special here.
qcb+K: Fan swipe. Comes out fast, has some lag but can be cancelled into qcb+P firefart. Decent anti-air.
qcb+P: Firefart. Can follow qcb+K.
hcf+K: Same as 98.
d,u+P/qcb+P in air: Head first attack, same as 98.

Two new moves:
qcf+K in air: Works like Andy's version, where she flies down diagonally, and when she lands you have two followups.
P: No special properties.
K: Overhead.

d,u+K: Spinning fier Mais. Basically, Mai will stand up straight and do some ninjitsu thingy, and two Mai shadows on fier appear afterwards, covering her front and back (on a 2D plane of course). Comes out pretty fast, and recovers fast enough that you can't punish her easily. Obviously, anybody touching the fire will get hit, and I think this move uses up around 2/5ths of the stage (and really close to using up half of the stage). From my experiences, once she gets away from a distance, this move is practically invincible, unless you hit her first (there's still a bit of time). If it's blocked and you're inside her 'range,' she'll do a few extra hits for tick damage. Hugely annoying move. Never tried a projectile against it however.

Supers:
qcb,hcf+K: Fiery ninja bees, except Mai flies diagonally upwards instead.
qcfx2+P: Not too sure what this is...think you can hold this move.

Gunsmith
Posts too much
A.K.A.:<3 dead French characters
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Ni No Kuni, Yatagarasu, P4A
XBL:Orochi Gunsmith
PSN:Gunsmith-ON

Post by Gunsmith » Sun Mar 23, 2008 21:20

if her qcb p is anything like the 98 ex, it knocks down.
qcfx2 should be her DP with fans DM

Kyosuke Kagami
Posts too much
A.K.A.:BROsuke
Currently Playing:A lot of things
PSN:KagaminKyousuke

Post by Kyosuke Kagami » Sun Mar 23, 2008 21:48

Thought EX Mai would have her Desperation Move from RB where she grabs you, some shadows appear and then you explode.

PenPen
MOAR
A.K.A.:Manipulating editor
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Initial D: v6, Football Manager 2011, Dungeon Defenders
PSN:penpen35

Post by PenPen » Wed Apr 16, 2008 17:44

Tried her thru random yesterday.

qcfx2+P can hold, and Mai will dash forward until she touches the opponent and does the rest. Also if you release the button she'll immediately do that fan spin thing.

However as a funny note, if you keep holding the button and the opponent goes behind you, you can hold it indefinitely and she'll keep dashing forward.

Nothing special otherwise, and her d,u+K is really mean, but a fast fierball at her right when she finishes her move can hit her.

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Wed Apr 16, 2008 18:44

- d> charge> u+K seems pretty weak to me. Unlike in Real Bout, it has no start up invulnerability and is still pretty slow to start up.

- Despite how it looks, the qcfX2+p (without holding) has no anti-air properties at all.

- On the other hand, her qcb> hcf+K super hits the air pretty fast with decent priority. Seemed like a usable anti-air

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Thu Jul 10, 2008 07:37

AcidicEnema wrote:- d> charge> u+K seems pretty weak to me. Unlike in Real Bout, it has no start up invulnerability and is still pretty slow to start up.

- Despite how it looks, the qcfX2+p (without holding) has no anti-air properties at all.

- On the other hand, her qcb> hcf+K super hits the air pretty fast with decent priority. Seemed like a usable anti-air
Odd, I managed to use the qcf,qcf+P as an anti-air. It will now stick on a jumping opponent, unlike in 2k2 where it just pushes them away after one or two hits.

hcb+B pushes back less now, so you can combo into it and the qcb+C will hit after.

Dark Geese
Mode Change!
Mode Change!
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Re: [UM] EX Mai

Post by Dark Geese » Fri Dec 12, 2008 20:44

I've discovered a QMAX with EX Mai!!! It follows the same idea as the TGB combo with EX Mary!!