[UM] O. Yashiro

Was it all just Shingo's dream?
PenPen
MOAR
A.K.A.:Manipulating editor
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Initial D: v6, Football Manager 2011, Dungeon Defenders
PSN:penpen35
[UM] O. Yashiro

Post by PenPen » Sat Mar 22, 2008 20:18

Weakened from his original 98 version.

Low C retracts faster than before.
f+A is OTG. You can do two f+As in a row for OTG fun but the timing is a little hard.

Reduced overall damage (this may be the machine's setting). Normals come out slower, it seems.
qcb+P is slower now. qcb+A is slower than it was in 98. Overall not useful now.
hcb,f+P is basically unchanged.
hcf+P basically unchanged, but from what I see, the juggle is harder to hit now. Yashiro can still do those jump attack tomfoolery afterwards, but the timing is different. You can choose to follow with f+A when the opponent lands.

qcfx2+K/BD comes out faster now.
hcbx2+P/AC has reduced damage from the DM version.
qcfx2+P/AC comes out faster now. Not sure if it's comboable this time around.

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Fri Apr 18, 2008 18:54

Wierd combo that I saw:

d.A> s.A> d.C> f+A> hcf+K.

Was this possible in 98?

SonicTempest
Posts too much
A.K.A.:>8|
Currently Playing:Dark Souls II
XBL:SonicTempest84
PSN:SonicTempest

Post by SonicTempest » Wed May 28, 2008 07:46

AcidicEnema wrote:Wierd combo that I saw:

d.A> s.A> d.C> f+A> hcf+K.

Was this possible in 98?
Out of boredom I tried this out on the original '98 rom, and it does work. Timing is pretty tight though.

Kane317
Almost there! ...39%
Almost there! ...39%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Re: [UM] O. Yashiro

Post by Kane317 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 13:59

PenPen wrote: qcb+P is slower now. qcb+A is slower than it was in 98. Overall not useful now.
Are you positive that the qcb+p is slower? Granted your post was three months ago when it first came out and you may have changed your opinion since, but after playing it myself, watching the videos, and playing hours of the original '98 tonight I am convinced they haven't changed it, if they have, the differences are neglible from what I can see.

PenPen
MOAR
A.K.A.:Manipulating editor
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Initial D: v6, Football Manager 2011, Dungeon Defenders
PSN:penpen35

Post by PenPen » Mon Jun 02, 2008 14:48

Well that's from what I was told by then. I don't use O. Yash myself so I had to take other players' words for it.

Kane317
Almost there! ...39%
Almost there! ...39%

Post by Kane317 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 20:49

PenPen wrote:Well that's from what I was told by then. I don't use O. Yash myself so I had to take other players' words for it.
It's all good, not blaming you. Tested it on the PS2 version and I can confirmed the QCB+A has not been toned down in speed at all ;) BTW, I'm LOVING the PS2 version coz you can switch between UM and normal kof 98--that's why I'm sure, I tried them back-to-back.

Kane317
Almost there! ...39%
Almost there! ...39%

Post by Kane317 » Fri Jul 04, 2008 17:17

So it is confirmed that you cannot set up his unblockable DM no more? I understand the timing is different...but there's gotta be a setup.

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Sat Jul 05, 2008 07:06

You mean that hcf+P > Death Star Laser (nudges Jhun) trap from '98? Oh, it's there alright, and much better since the thing launches MUCH faster now. Not quite the level of normal Yashiro's Final Impact, but works as an anti air similar to Heavy D!'s if someone tried to jump backwards.

Kane317
Almost there! ...39%
Almost there! ...39%

Post by Kane317 » Sat Jul 05, 2008 09:06

Tel wrote:You mean that hcf+P > Death Star Laser (nudges Jhun) trap from '98? Oh, it's there alright, and much better since the thing launches MUCH faster now. Not quite the level of normal Yashiro's Final Impact, but works as an anti air similar to Heavy D!'s if someone tried to jump backwards.
NICE. You just made my day. Is the timing from hcf+P -> unblockable DM the same? I heard it's different.

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Sat Jul 05, 2008 14:14

If I'm not mistaken, you launch the DM a tiny bit later than you used to in 98.

Kane317
Almost there! ...39%
Almost there! ...39%

Post by Kane317 » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:52

I think I got the timing down--although it's one of those pseudo-combos you'll never know unless you hit in a real game.

To test I set in practice mode both players playable, and while charging the qcfx2+P SDM, I use my other hand to try to roll the second I get up. Another indicator, is that I hit the other player in the back instead of hitting him in the front (since the hcf+P switches ppl's direction)...Do you think that's a good sign that I did it correctly; hitting them in the back?

Can't wait to test it on my friends next time, or the next guinea pig in the arcade =)

frionel
Powering up...50%
Powering up...50%

Post by frionel » Mon Jul 07, 2008 16:58

I really don't think this is actually working...

I'm really not sure (and I hope someone will tell me someday...) if there are reversal rolls in KOF 98 (I can roll in wake up, but not sure if it's done at the frame 0), but I've never seen someone in Japan or China trying this in a serious/tournament game. And if it was working, thrust me, we'll see it everywhere since it's very easy to do.

J]-[UN
More power! ...6%
More power! ...6%

Post by J]-[UN » Mon Jul 07, 2008 19:42

You can roll on wakeup if you press AB the instant your character gets into ready position , sorta like how you can throw characters spamming crouchingP in GuiltyGear if you fwdHS in that 2 frame window where your character is 'invulnerable' upon wakeup.

So its not really unblockable la, never was in 98 or 2k2 either

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Tue Jul 08, 2008 00:00

It was never a serious unblockable trap, just a trap against the newbies. It's still little more than a gamble in UM, except with his DM being so much faster that this time there's a chance opponent could roll too early and get caught in the beam as they come out. I don't even bother with doing it except every now and then against the CPU for the heck of it.

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Thu Jul 17, 2008 06:49

"I'm really not sure (and I hope someone will tell me someday...) if there are reversal rolls in KOF 98 (I can roll in wake up, but not sure if it's done at the frame 0), but I've never seen someone in Japan or China trying this in a serious/tournament game. And if it was working, thrust me, we'll see it everywhere since it's very easy to do."

Tried this test on PS2. Use Geese and crouch D player 2, then rising storm. Wake up up and roll/dodge with Player 2.

It works, so I guess you can do frame 0 wake up rolls.