[UM] EX Mary

Was it all just Shingo's dream?
PenPen
MOAR
A.K.A.:Manipulating editor
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Initial D: v6, Football Manager 2011, Dungeon Defenders
PSN:penpen35
[UM] EX Mary

Post by PenPen » Fri Mar 21, 2008 18:58

She's also used quite frequently, maybe it's because she's new. Since I haven't used her, I'm basically translating what I read and adding what I saw. I'd just like to point out that her moves look really awkward and also makes her opponents look awkward if they get grabbed by her.

Her command moves are the same as normal Mary.

b,f+K -> qcf+K: Same as 98 except for the followup which she does a punch afterwards, with electric effects. Now I don't know whether the followup qcf+K must be done if b,f+K connects. I haven't seen a blocked b,f+K yet...
dp+K: Same thing as 98, with dp+K followup.
qcb+P -> hcf+P/hcf+K: Mary's evasion move into grab thing after KOF 99. P version is the same as it was in KOF 99+, and K version is another grab, where Mary recovers faster but deals less damage, and is able to do some crossups afterwards.
d,u+K->P/K: Not 100% sure but I think this is the move where she does a forward hop, and depending on the button pressed, you either get a headgrab for the P version, or a jump D for the K version. The move itself does damage (not including followups), and you can link the K followup afterwards for a 2 hit combo this way.
Air qcf+P: Headgrab. Obviously unblockable, and it seems like everyone who played against her has fallen for it about 80% of the time. If she does it really low in the air, it's quite hard to evade since it's considered a grab move from my observations. One of those abusable at first, not really useful later moves.
d,d+K after opponent is on the ground: OTG move, additional damage. You can do this after b,f+K -> qcf+K in the corner.

Two supers.
hcbx2+K/BD: Grab super, note the miss animation is different, like her counter move missing out.
qcfx2+P/AC(?): Not sure if there's an SDM version but I assume there is. Opens new followups for Mary for most moves by doing d+P afterwards. She'll glow blue. The d+P followup can only be done once. Moves that allow the d+P followups are:
- qcb+P -> hcf+P/K
- dp+K -> dp+K
- b,f+K -> qcf+K
The movelist also gives an additional move for her after this super is activated, but nobody spoke about it thus far.
- qcf+K anytime during the effective time in qcfx2+P, can be followed with qcf+P.

I wouldn't say this is conflicting but it's a little confusing thus far. Stay tuned for more info.

soujiro
Charging...76%
Charging...76%
A.K.A.:(EX)Hentai Bukkake Master =D
Currently Playing:Blazblue:CS (PS3) & SSF4 (XBOX360)
XBL:TCH soujiro
PSN:JUNHUA

Post by soujiro » Sat Mar 22, 2008 04:01

Looks like a very confusing character to use. :o

Gojira
Wyler is my God!!!
A.K.A.:Twit
Currently Playing:Assassin's Creed: Syndicate, WWE 2k16
XBL:Gojiraaa
PSN:Gojira_X

Post by Gojira » Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:31

Sounds a lot like RBS Mary and her tazer followups.

Gunsmith
Posts too much
A.K.A.:<3 dead French characters
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Ni No Kuni, Yatagarasu, P4A
XBL:Orochi Gunsmith
PSN:Gunsmith-ON

Post by Gunsmith » Sun Mar 23, 2008 17:59

sounds like MIA Mary! Pretty cool, but poor defence against top tier rushdown characters.

PenPen
MOAR
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Initial D: v6, Football Manager 2011, Dungeon Defenders

Post by PenPen » Sun Mar 23, 2008 19:34

Okay, played more today. The followup DM/SDM is Mary's Dynamite Swing. Basically after one of those followup things (and of course, making her glow blue first with the previous super), you do d+P and she goes with Mary's Dynamite Swing afterwards.

Gunsmith
Posts too much
A.K.A.:<3 dead French characters
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Ni No Kuni, Yatagarasu, P4A
XBL:Orochi Gunsmith
PSN:Gunsmith-ON

Post by Gunsmith » Sun Mar 23, 2008 21:18

I just hope her counter finally snags Kyo's hop Dwn C when backed up the corner (usually in 98 I kept getting hit by it!)

wonder if her qcfx2 k 1 hit /throw bug still works

TamaYak
One stock!
One stock!

Post by TamaYak » Tue Mar 25, 2008 03:27

All of Ex Marys weak moves chain together into a straight slicer>shock fist> stomp combo.

Looks very good in the vids able to hang against Iori etc quite well.

Frederick
Mode Change!
Mode Change!

Post by Frederick » Thu Apr 03, 2008 08:04

d,u+K->P/K: Not 100% sure but I think this is the move where she does a forward hop, and depending on the button pressed, you either get a headgrab for the P version, or a jump D for the K version. The move itself does damage (not including followups), and you can link the K followup afterwards for a 2 hit combo this way.
for the punch she does a moonsault press (I think that's the name of the move. bah i'm not a wrestling fan. think she had it in MIRA.
The movelist also gives an additional move for her after this super is activated, but nobody spoke about it thus far.
- qcf+K anytime during the effective time in qcfx2+P, can be followed with qcf+P.
any updates on what this is PenPen? I'm curious as to what it is.

say is it possible to do C, forward A, qcf 2x super and go into a special move? just wondering if the super acts like a maxmode

cancel.

PenPen
MOAR

Post by PenPen » Fri Apr 04, 2008 07:14

No, the super has startup time so she's idle for about one second.

As for that qcf+K move after the super, as I haven't really gotten to use her yet I really don't know. Sorry.

Frederick
Mode Change!
Mode Change!

Post by Frederick » Fri Apr 04, 2008 08:43

Tamayak from what i tried she can't combo straight slicer from down b itself and has to be close for down a to hit which sounds like problem landing that combo on the grapplers after getting that close.

PenPen: hey it's cool no rush.

well as i suspected, it is just the qcf kick is just her spin fall and the qcf punch is spidergrab like 2k3. except now she can pick them up afterwards with a dynamite swing.

when she goes into D swing mode, her tazer followup becomes the ankle break then it goes into the d swing.

since she doesn't have the suplex, for regular C, fwd A combos u do dp+k and if u have super use the her super throw.

easy d swing mode combo is C, fwd A dp+k 2x and dwn punch.

Kane317
Almost there! ...39%
Almost there! ...39%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by Kane317 » Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:57

Question about her new M. Escalation mode (D Swing mode whatever you call it)...Even though I have played and I haven't thoroughly tested can she combo out of it? For instance, can you do Jump D, Std C, Fwd A, QCFx2+P into DP+K...I don't think so coz she'll have to go into the flash animation etc...I think I'll test it tomorrow.

EDIT: Watching the video ( http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/2UD_cW42IR4/ ) of Ex Mary reveals that she can in fact do: Jump D, Std C [2], Fwd A, QCFx2+P, Back-Fwd+B, QCF+K, Dwn+P...does about 45% damage!

Kane317
Almost there! ...39%
Almost there! ...39%

Post by Kane317 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 03:11

Playing around with her some more you can do:

s.C [2hit], f.A, qcfx2+P DM, d.C, b.f+B, qcf+B, d.C.

I don't think you can do it with a j.D (even with only 1 hit on the s.C) coz it pushes you too far for the d.C. So basically, d.C without the jump in; no d.C if you did a jump in. I'll test some more.

Course, the SNK playmore video Ultimate Combo vol. 4 reveals: Corner only, Ultimate Mode, Dodge and Adv neceesary:
j.D, s.B, s.c [2 hits], f.A, qcfx2+AC SDM, s.C [2], f.A, QuickDodgeAttack, b.f+B, qcf+B, d.C

I for one, CANNOT get the s.C [2] to connect after the SDM, I always get a far C...if anyone knows lemme know.

Gojira
Wyler is my God!!!
A.K.A.:Twit
Currently Playing:Assassin's Creed: Syndicate, WWE 2k16
XBL:Gojiraaa
PSN:Gojira_X

Post by Gojira » Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:34

Okay, I've been playing around with EX Mary in practice mode and I am confounded by her straight slicer.

At first glance it seems no different from normal Mary's slicer but as I practice some simple c.B c.B c.A -> slicer combos I'm seeing two different versions of the same move. Normally the D version has slight lag and goes a bit higher and the B version is faster and lower, but for some reason, sometimes the D version will come out faster, making it comboable off a c.A where it normally isn't. Alternately sometimes the B version will come out slower and higher like the D version, which makes it uncomboable off a c.A when it normally is. FYI this kind of thing does not seem to happen with normal Mary.

I have tried analyzing the motion, charge time, holding the button, doing anything to see if it's a special property of the move, but right now it seems to just happen randomly which means it's probably a glitch. Anyone else have any insight on this?

frionel
Powering up...50%
Powering up...50%

Post by frionel » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:57

Had exactly the same problem, the motion with B gives the D version and vice versa...

I think it's simply a bug, and never got in arcade version...