[UM] Krauser

Was it all just Shingo's dream?
AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Tue Jun 24, 2008 19:35

Not seen or heard of any. Nor does he need any... c.C> rdp+D is liek the only combo he needs anyway -_-'

frionel
Powering up...50%
Powering up...50%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by frionel » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:10

Leg tomahawk B [QMAX] Kaiser wave

Or Corner Leg tomahawk B [QMAX] Unlimited desire

Both combos works with max version also (red life)

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Sun Aug 10, 2008 01:59

As it turns out, the crouch C is also perfect for Q.Max combos.

- c.A> Q.Max> c.C> Special/Super
- close s.D> Q.Max> c.C> Blah

Both of these work. As you would expect, cross up C> s.D> Q.Max> c.C> rdp+D does ridiculous damage.

Kane317
Almost there! ...39%
Almost there! ...39%

Post by Kane317 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 22:33

AcidicEnema wrote:As it turns out, the crouch C is also perfect for Q.Max combos.

Both of these work. As you would expect, cross up C> s.D> Q.Max> c.C> rdp+D does ridiculous damage.
AE! I demand you to delete this post immediately! haha...I already have a headache playing against Krausers as it is.
Last edited by Kane317 on Sun Aug 17, 2008 13:46, edited 1 time in total.

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Sat Aug 16, 2008 21:05

This should have been posted awhile back, but crouch C> rdp+D is not a perfect block string. After the crouch C, you can counter with an invulnerable move or if you're using dodge, you can just dodge the rdp+D and dodge attack> combo.

Kane317
Almost there! ...39%
Almost there! ...39%

Post by Kane317 » Sun Aug 17, 2008 13:46

AcidicEnema wrote:This should have been posted awhile back, but crouch C> rdp+D is not a perfect block string. After the crouch C, you can counter with an invulnerable move or if you're using dodge, you can just dodge the rdp+D and dodge attack> combo.
Now THAT's... what I'm talking about! You're forgiven for posting the Q.MAX combo haha =)

Kane317
Almost there! ...39%
Almost there! ...39%

Post by Kane317 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:20

AcidicEnema wrote:As it turns out, the crouch C is also perfect for Q.Max combos.

In honor of the '08 SBO Finals match, I'll add this variation seen in the match:

-d.B, d.A, d.A > Q.MAX > d.C > rdp+D

Dark Geese
Mode Change!
Mode Change!

Re: [UM] Krauser

Post by Dark Geese » Thu Oct 30, 2008 15:44

Here's how I do Krauser's TGB 2008 Activation combo-

http://www.youtube.com/comment_servlet? ... PXmfspFmDE

The question is why do that combo when the SBO combo does about the same no?

Dark Geese
Mode Change!
Mode Change!

Post by Dark Geese » Fri Oct 31, 2008 05:10

Since Emil brought out a good point, and that's why do the TGB combo over the SBO combo, I decided to play around in Training mode and let everyone see in what circumstances you would do Krausers SBO combo vs. when you would do the TGB combo, because the damage IS different..but I will let you see for yourself in my video..

Also I dissect EX Terry's new Round Wave "Guard Break" move...it's not a TRUE GUARD BREAK..I will show you why..

SaiSyu Kusanagi
Is it a bot?

Post by SaiSyu Kusanagi » Sun Nov 02, 2008 06:17

Dark Geese wrote:Since Emil brought out a good point, and that's why do the TGB combo over the SBO combo, I decided to play around in Training mode and let everyone see in what circumstances you would do Krausers SBO combo vs. when you would do the TGB combo, because the damage IS different..but I will let you see for yourself in my video..

Also I dissect EX Terry's new Round Wave "Guard Break" move...it's not a TRUE GUARD BREAK..I will show you why..

Excellent research man! That move does not even have an active hit box to be an anti-air. lol.
And it is mad unsafe. moon

I did have a question, is there a down side to EX mode? With all of the mode modifications you can make it feels at little overpowered? Maybe they take more damage in custom mode? What is the catch?

Kane317
Almost there! ...39%
Almost there! ...39%

Post by Kane317 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:45

Not to get too off-topic (really should be in the general discussion thread) but in '98 UM, Extra mode was modified since the ratio of extra vs adv. user heavily favored adv. mode back in '98. I think it is safe to say in '98, 10% vs 90% of extra vs adv. mode users respectively (this was the case in Asia, UK, and the US at least). Extra mode in UM should really be called Advanced mode =)

Having said that, the only downside of Extra mode is not being able to do SDMs on the fly, having to wait for red life before doing SDMs, and if you're the type who likes to save 5 stocks for the last characters; abuse CD counters/(S)DMs on the last round.

PenPen
MOAR
A.K.A.:Manipulating editor
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Initial D: v6, Football Manager 2011, Dungeon Defenders
PSN:penpen35

Post by PenPen » Tue Nov 04, 2008 14:19

You can visit this thread on an explanation of how Advanced/Extra/Ultimate works in KOF 98UM.
http://kingoffighters.planets.gamespy.c ... =29&t=2103" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Please try to stay on topic, thanks.

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Wed Nov 05, 2008 14:24

Not to deviate further from the topic, but the biggest problems back with Extra Mode in 98 were
1. Charging took a long time, and the recovery when you let go of ABC to block is slower than it was in 94-96, where it wasn't difficult to find an opportunity to charge.
2. Mobility. That's the biggest deal breaker of Extra Mode for a lot of people. Not being able to run OR roll is fine, but not being able to run AND roll makes it dangerous and difficult to close in with some characters. Throw in the fact that dodging also had quite a bit of recovery time in 98 (again compared with 94/94), and Extra Mode just feels like handicapping yourself.

Ultimate Mode in UM really changed the game, and it adds quite a bit of tactical depth to the game. Krauser here for example, is quite the bastard with Extra meter, with dashes and dodges.

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR
A.K.A.:The Devil Of Orochinagi
Currently Playing:KoF XIII, KoF 98umfe, KoF 2k2um, Bloodborne

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:08

As far as ive seen the key elements that makes this combo sorta tricky is timing and execution. Timing of the cC from cA and the execution of Kaiser Wave. What ive found is the secret is Not to go to neutral and shortcut the Kaiser Wave from the cC. To do this the combo would be

cB, cB, cA, QM, cC, qcf,b,hcf+C

Doing this way, negates the counter move that you see or hear most people doing, it gives you more damage and it can be done anywhere as shown on the my vid.

Also, like Kyo's cB, cB, cA into qcfx2 + A combo, this one needs to be done slow after cC hit. Ive also found doing it quick results into the counter move or a sC animation. So once you do the cC start doing the qcf into back, then the hcf+C. If done correctly you will have a 5 hit combo. It will take practice to master as the cA into cC has to be quick but then you have to slower your timing for the Kaiser Wave.

If the other players dont do it like this then Im not sure, im guessing and helping people out since it worked for me. Without DG's attempt, I wouldnt of looked at this myself.

Enjoy.......

P.S: LOL at the slow mo sound effects. Also, it shakes alittle cos that how it recs coming from a HD tv

Dark Geese
Mode Change!
Mode Change!

Post by Dark Geese » Sun Nov 23, 2008 20:40

Some more 98UM stuff...please Krauser players if you do this PLEASE TAKE NOTE...I get sick and tired of seeing people whore his traditional block string..it is very much noobish or signifies the person you are playing against in Noobish if they do not know how to counter it...

DG 98UM Tricks Part II:

2.5:

-DG