[UM] EX Geese

Was it all just Shingo's dream?
Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:22

Gunsmith wrote:*loads up practice mode*

oh pants you're right!

OH so that means the challenge was with normal geese, I thought that floor grab was EX only!

...Good lord this guy is powerful...
Yup, EX Geese is pretty much Nightmare Geese from Real Bout Special. I prefer using this version because he's dangerous at all ranges, plus he is easier to use than the regular Geese, if at the expense of losing some combo chains. Of course, that air fireball isn't really going to fool any seasoned player, but nobody is going to be so stupid as to uppercut an air fireball if you jump at them with frame advantage. Having a command throw (and a DM throw to boot) itself keeps people on their toes. I just love how EX Geese can dictate the flow of the battle, and there's always the Rising Storm if someone tries to get cute.

PenPen
MOAR
A.K.A.:Manipulating editor
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Initial D: v6, Football Manager 2011, Dungeon Defenders
PSN:penpen35

Post by PenPen » Fri Jul 11, 2008 20:02

If you time it right, Geese can do air qcb+C into his hcbx2+P DM/SDM in the corner. It works, but it's better if you're doing it with maybe a weak attack to precede the super.

EX Geese is a solid character, I've been using him quite a lot lately.

And I don't think he got the OTG move. Crossed out in my first post for now.

Gojira
Wyler is my God!!!
A.K.A.:Twit
Currently Playing:Assassin's Creed: Syndicate, WWE 2k16
XBL:Gojiraaa
PSN:Gojira_X

Post by Gojira » Sat Jul 12, 2008 00:38

Huh? He's got the OTG move. It's in his skill list and I just did it off a sweep in practice mode. Why wouldn't he have it?

PenPen
MOAR
A.K.A.:Manipulating editor
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Initial D: v6, Football Manager 2011, Dungeon Defenders
PSN:penpen35

Post by PenPen » Sat Jul 12, 2008 08:29

Okay, then maybe there's something terribly wrong with my hands then, because the OTG move never came out for me, not even once.

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Sat Jul 12, 2008 09:35

Nah the problem is that Ex Geese doesn't have any moves that set up the OTG grab (i.e., untechable knockdowns). He has the move, just no reliable set ups for it.

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:04

I suppose the only things that can setup for his OTG grab are when hcb+C, his B counter or command throw hits when Geese is cornered.

Kane317
Almost there! ...39%
Almost there! ...39%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by Kane317 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:08

His hcb+A is a good setup...dunno if they can recovery roll that but it's damaging if you connect the OTG.

EDIT: Nevermind, that sucks. I no longer know why they rate EX version better than normal Geese.

Normal Geese has: d.B, d.a, qcf+A (if blocked, it's safer than EX's hcb+A which is his only combo from d.A)
Better Raging Storm (doesn't get hit out of as easily)
Extra reversal that can combo into DM.
Easier d.B, d.A, DM combo

Ex Geese has a grab DM.
Cooler looking mid reversal
Better qcf+P. C version has a huge hit box, A version setups up pressure/combo/unblockable bug games.
hcb+P is faster and also safer if blocked.
His select portrait is TEN times better than regular Geese lol.

Is there something I'm missing?

EDIT: Tis a sad day for my favorite character. Turns out there are no reliable setups for his OTG follow-up. His hcb+B reversal bounces them too far, I even tried it with Geese in the corner, reversing them into the corner, it just won't connect. Hcb+D reversal can be tech rolled! Hcb+C when Geese is corner leaves him too far to OTG EVEN with the fwd+B trick. Command grab or DM grab has too much lag in the end. Sigh. You can tell simply by his hcb+B reversal that he was NOT made for the OTG (Why else would they make the opponent bounce further than Regular Geese's hcb+B reversal). Retarded.

kaworuscott
Charging...8%
Charging...8%

Post by kaworuscott » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:47

So what are the known guaranteed ways of getting the OTG grab? Sweep?

Are there any easy ways to land his DM's?

Can you tick throw with his super grab DM? If so what with?

frionel
Powering up...50%
Powering up...50%

Post by frionel » Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:13

There is no guaranteed way to put his OTG move with Ex Geese, but you have a lot of option select.

After a corner hcb A, you can time your f+B to hit as a meaty move on the recovered oponent, and in the move, imput your OTG move. If he recovers, you'll pressure with the f+B, and if not, your f+B get canceled by the OTG.

You can also get the good reflex of grabing your recovering oponents, since you loose all your reversal abilities when you tech roll, and you can be grabbed instantly if you don't jump. Like this, you force them to not always stupidly recovers, and that where the OTG move comes.

But never forget that you'll make your oponent get out of the corner, so think before if the extra damage is worth...

For the DM, Rising storm when you are in the other side of the screen, and after a full blocked hado trap, be ready for it, since if he tries to high jump, it's guaranteed. You can also use it in combo : cr B, cr A, rising storm works pretty well. In the other situations, forget about it, since it has no invincibility, and never hit above Geese or behind him... A good cr C --> reppuken as anti air will do the job.

For the grab DM, you have A LOT of options, specialy if you press with small jump C, you can put some empty jumps to grab DM or empty jump to rising storm if you anticipate your oponent jump or backdash (yes RS hits the backdashes). For tick throws, cr B or cr A ~ delay, DM works perfectly. And never forget about the incredible range of this grab, it catch very far.

kaworuscott
Charging...8%
Charging...8%

Post by kaworuscott » Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:31

Thanks a lot Frionel.

Is it possible to do:

632+lp14 632+lp14 3+p in order to do hit confirm 2 crouching jabs into Raging storm? Or even change the first 2+lp into 2+lk?

One last question, is the verdict out on wether Normal Geese is better than EX Geese? Kane made some good points but what is the general decision?

frionel
Powering up...50%
Powering up...50%

Post by frionel » Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:51

I have two ways :

On croushing oponent : cr B, cr A (by maintaining 1) and fast do the rising storm move, if you are fast, you have the time to confirm all the move (cr A has a good hit stun, and the RS is very fast).

If your oponent is no croushing, there is a really easy way : 1 B, 6 A and finish the motion.

And it's not about who is the strongest, it's all depends on your way of playing. They are both really strong, but just plays differently, and they have their own strenghts and weaknesses. I was just saying that normal Geese can be efficient easily and against more characters than the Ex version.

But in the other hand Ex Gesse can totaly master the fight against some characters, that has just NO SOLUTION, way more than normal Geese. Especialy against characters that use adv roll. But he can be also really weak against anti fireball DM users like I said in Geese topic.

That's why, my advice is to always put Ex Geese in first position, since he really don't need stocks, and can be free if oponent doesn't have some.

arstal
Charging...76%
Charging...76%

Post by arstal » Mon Jul 14, 2008 18:57

What do you mean rollers have no options against EX Geese? You have to be patient and not jump much, but I think adv rolls make playing against EX Geese a lot easier.

frionel
Powering up...50%
Powering up...50%

Post by frionel » Mon Jul 14, 2008 19:05

The imblocable reppuken setup (imblocable reppuken or qcb P if you roll) doesn't works on evade users. And it's clearly a good thing for them, since once you're trapped in this setup, it's very difficult to get out without taking risks.

Kyosuke Kagami
Posts too much
A.K.A.:BROsuke
Currently Playing:A lot of things
PSN:KagaminKyousuke

Re: [UM] EX Geese

Post by Kyosuke Kagami » Fri Oct 31, 2008 00:00

So, does EX Geese lack the low counter? Damn, too bad :/

And somehow I'm happy that you can't do Shippuken when doing a short jump or a hop, would be too stupid since that shit is useful sometimes to delay your landing.

EX Geese is a very fun character to use. I use both versions and it's fun to see people being all "WTFZOMG" when you surprise them with Rashomon :3

Dark Geese
Mode Change!
Mode Change!

Re: [UM] EX Geese

Post by Dark Geese » Mon Nov 24, 2008 01:29

EX Geese/Takuma beginner and Intermediate tricks I use:

This is stuff for people of all walks of life..if you know this stuff great but not everyone knows this stuff guys thus I put it up! I try to help whoever I can help so keep that in mind when you watch the videos..if you feel like you have to rate it "One star" or whatever guess what? Maybe it's not for you!!!