[UM] Lucky

Was it all just Shingo's dream?
PenPen
MOAR
A.K.A.:Manipulating editor
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Initial D: v6, Football Manager 2011, Dungeon Defenders
PSN:penpen35
[UM] Lucky

Post by PenPen » Thu Mar 20, 2008 19:51

CPU Lucky is still an annoying bitch to fight against. That's good to know.

I only got to fight him as CPU and it seemed that he got a new DM/SDM. I think it's a grab move...

Also he got something that's eeriely similar to Duck's dp+K move in XI.

Think I'll try him next time...

PenPen
MOAR
A.K.A.:Manipulating editor
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Initial D: v6, Football Manager 2011, Dungeon Defenders
PSN:penpen35

Post by PenPen » Thu Mar 27, 2008 15:55

A few things after reading...

f+B is an overhead.
qcb+P can now be done in the air. He does a mid-air backward hop of sorts afterwards. The basketball now bounces vertically upward instead for this move.
dp+D has Lucky do a few spins in the ground and doing the rest of the move in the air like his normal dp+B. You can connect it from low B -> low A.
That grab super is actually his qcfx2+K, except it's now a grab. Maybe more useful now? Dunno. It does have a miss animation though.

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Sun May 25, 2008 19:33

Dubious looking combo from the Wiki. Would be really cool if it works:

(corner) s.C or D> qcb+B> qcfX2+ K (his new grab super) > air qcb+P (ground pursue)

Kane317
Almost there! ...39%
Almost there! ...39%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by Kane317 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:08

AcidicEnema wrote:Dubious looking combo from the Wiki. Would be really cool if it works:

(corner) s.C or D> qcb+B> qcfX2+ K (his new grab super) > air qcb+P (ground pursue)
Tested it out, that's a really cool combo. Kinda strange how the qcb+B connects into the qcfx2+K grab DM. You can also add a Jump attack to the combo (j.A and j.B works best). For the OTG hit, use a diagonal-back hop qcb+C (not to be confused with back~back hop) for best results--otherwise they get up in time.

-If qcb+B is combo into, MAX qcfx2+K SDM will not connect. Even by itself, qcb+B into qcfx2+K, is hard to get the distance correct.

-d.B, d.A, qcfx2+K (S)DM is a nice and easy combo.

-d.D, qcb+C works if they do not recovery roll.

-back~back qcb+P is really fast (looks cool too) just like Iori's back~back b.B.

-d.B, d.B, d.A/B still comboes into qcx2+A

-s.C, f.B, qcfx2+C DM works too (has to be C version DM)

Overall, he improved drastically.

EDIT: For LOLs, he still has the fooled-ya-punch if you combo his qcf+P in the corner. Same goes for his d.d+A/B/C/D.

dobiqwolf
Maxed Out! SDM time!
Maxed Out! SDM time!

Post by dobiqwolf » Wed Jul 02, 2008 18:00

Kane317 wrote: EDIT: For LOLs, he still has the fooled-ya-punch if you combo his qcf+P in the corner. Same goes for his d.d+A/B/C/D.
and the punch can be canceled into any special move.

Kane317
Almost there! ...39%
Almost there! ...39%

Post by Kane317 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 00:26

dobiqwolf wrote:
Kane317 wrote: EDIT: For LOLs, he still has the fooled-ya-punch if you combo his qcf+P in the corner. Same goes for his d.d+A/B/C/D.
and the punch can be canceled into any special move.
Are you sure about that? Cool gotta test it out!

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Sat Jul 12, 2008 22:02

From the wiki:

j.D> s.C> qcb+B> Q.Max on last hit> d.A/d.B> qcfX2+A

- SDM version works too, except when off a cross up B. qcb+B doesn't connect fully against short characters crouching, so the combo doesn't work on them when they're crouching.
- In some situations, d.A will whiff but d.B will connect. Makes sense to do the combo with d.B all the time.
- And yes it does matter which hit you Q.Max from. If you Q.Max on any other hit, the combo won't work.

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Thu Jul 17, 2008 21:25

- Not sure if this was the same in 98, but Lucky's teleports have different levels of invulnerability depending on button strength.

Against high and mid attacks, the B teleport is invulnerable. Against low attacks, the D teleport is invulnerable. So against Yami Barais and Reppukens, use the D teleport to go through them, and against Kyokugen Fierballs, use the B teleport to go through them.

Funnily enough, the B teleport also goes through Krauser's Kaiser Waves (though not on start up).

- The C version of his Pillar Geyser DM goes forward around 1/2 screen length really fast. Including the length of the pillar itself, this allows Lucky to punish stuff from 3/4 of a screen length. like blocked Haohshokokens. Pretty ridiculous.

Kane317
Almost there! ...39%
Almost there! ...39%

Post by Kane317 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 00:57

Damn great find. Another useful tool for Lucky! That reminds me that I need to post something about Chin.

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Sun Jul 27, 2008 22:44

You can Q.Max after crouch C and combo into a bunch of stuff, including: A Pillar Geyser, crouch C, crouch D, far stand C, crouch A, crouch B.

Might be able to combo into more stuff, but this is what I've been able to do so far.

Kane317
Almost there! ...39%
Almost there! ...39%

Post by Kane317 » Sat Aug 09, 2008 08:31

AcidicEnema wrote:You can Q.Max after crouch C and combo into a bunch of stuff, including: A Pillar Geyser, crouch C, crouch D, far stand C, crouch A, crouch B.

Might be able to combo into more stuff, but this is what I've been able to do so far.
Great find! That opens tons of possiblities for other characters now (Q.Maxing off a non-cancellable normal into another special/normal), I must do more testing.

Testing what you you wrote, Lucky can do: d.C > Q.Max > d.A/d.B > A Pillar Geyser DM or A Piller Geyser SDM.

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Sat Oct 04, 2008 23:03

Based from the latest A-Cho tournament vids, Q.Maxing on the 2nd last hit of his dp+D (the uppercut knee hit) allows him to follow up with an air qcb+C OTG follow up hit.

Too lazy to link the A-Cho vids now. I'll do it in the video thread tommorow or something.