[UM] Brian

Was it all just Shingo's dream?
frionel
Powering up...50%
Powering up...50%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by frionel » Fri Jun 27, 2008 15:53

If you're not in the corner, after a hcf K, you can still do small jump d+C to crush the oponent down, and get a perfect situation for cross ups/wake up game (cross roll, air cross up, air hcf P etc...). But in corner, I think that dp K is still the best non super choice.

kaworuscott
Charging...8%
Charging...8%

Post by kaworuscott » Thu Sep 25, 2008 13:43

If anyone could post general strats with Brian (not combo's) that would be great.

Other than the st.C xx combo / cr.B xx combo / throw semi mix up I don't know what his good pokes/strings/pressure/normals etc are?

Kulanator
More power! ...51%
More power! ...51%

Post by Kulanator » Thu Sep 25, 2008 14:58

c.A and c.B are your good pokes. far stand D kicks high and can stop some jump in attacks, stand A and B are good pokes as well.

There is not a whole lot to say about Brian really he's a strong mid tier character and his new dm is a nice boost to his arsenal.

His As and Bs recover quickly and come out quick so use them to your advantage.

crouch C is ok, but I wouln't recommend using to anti-air as its slow and doesn't reach very high.

jump down C is a great move to use to apply pressure when on the offense, if you can master extra mode Brian you have the same hit infinite as extra kyo when he does dash hop down Cs

Jump b kicks high and its a pretty good air to air but it doesn't have the best priority so watch yourself.

Jump D is alright, can interuppted someone trying to jump if you can get in the air before them, but use it sparingly.

His dp.k rising shoulders are ok, you gotta be pretty confident to use them as anti-airs but they do work as a light combo ender if you don't want to have your opponent tossed away by Brian's chain throw after a crossover.

if you can control the pace of the matches and keep your opponent from gaining momentum then you will be fine.
Last edited by Kulanator on Thu Sep 25, 2008 16:37, edited 1 time in total.

kaworuscott
Charging...8%
Charging...8%

Post by kaworuscott » Thu Sep 25, 2008 15:31

Thanks for the help, is st.C (2) xx HCF+B safe on block? Is hop j.A xx j.d+C xx QCF+A worth using? or Just j.d+C?

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Thu Sep 25, 2008 23:41

- Jump C is still his one of his best normals. Huge cross up.

- IMO he needs to be played with Step (rather than Dash) to reach his full potential. f,f+ qcf+Punch controls tons of space and does good block damage. Its also his strongest anti-Krauser move. He cannot f,f+ d+C in UM, so no infinite.

- The jump A string is best used for corner pressure after a knockdown because j.A has a pretty small hit box. Not that practical when trying to jockey for priority in mid-screen.

- IMO 1/3 of his game is landing random hcf+B> juggle super. 1/3 of his game is zoning with his long ass limbs. 1/3 of his game is trying to land the jump C or air qcf+C cross up.

A picture if worth a thousand word. A video, many many more. Here're a bunch of vids featuring a top Korean player who uses Brian.

http://www.56.com/w26/album-aid-6485356.html

Kane317
Almost there! ...39%
Almost there! ...39%

Post by Kane317 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 05:32

I'm only 1/3 through the videos but I already picked up a few tips...

-Personally I always use j.d+A, j.d+C --> qcf+P as much as I can as it is relatively safe if blocked (depending on height and of course short of getting Guard Cancel roll/CD). Of course you should mix it up and omit the qcf+P or the j.D+C etc.

-I wanna point out (again?) that j.d+C has huge priority and a relatively large hitbox. The stuff you can beat out is pretty entertaining.

-Don't forget to to mix up his d+D and far C overhead for high/low games.

-Shut down all 'projectilers' (including HSKK DMs) with Brian's new DM.

nitro2345
Is it a bot?

Re: [UM] Brian

Post by nitro2345 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 21:25

does anyone know the correct timing, window to to the dive bomb? d,u+P, after the shoulder breaker? because it seems that it has a specific window to do it even though he keeps the oponent up there for quite awhile.

Gunsmith
Posts too much
A.K.A.:<3 dead French characters
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Ni No Kuni, Yatagarasu, P4A
XBL:Orochi Gunsmith
PSN:Gunsmith-ON

Post by Gunsmith » Sat Jan 02, 2010 23:04

Has this changed from the timing from the original 98? Are you only practicing this on arcade?

nitro2345
Is it a bot?

Post by nitro2345 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 04:52

Gunsmith wrote:Has this changed from the timing from the original 98? Are you only practicing this on arcade?
I don't know, I been playing in PS2

Gunsmith
Posts too much

Post by Gunsmith » Tue Jan 19, 2010 14:52

If you have 98UM, then it's really easy to practice this, use the macro mode to record the "combo" up to this point and then you can practice the last part.

If you watch the backbreaker, at least in 98, he squeezes them three times before throwing them off.

I normally spam dwn and press up- + .P on the last squeeze.

If that doesn't work, try on the second squueze!

nitro2345
Is it a bot?

Post by nitro2345 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 03:28

Gunsmith wrote:If you have 98UM, then it's really easy to practice this, use the macro mode to record the "combo" up to this point and then you can practice the last part.

If you watch the backbreaker, at least in 98, he squeezes them three times before throwing them off.

I normally spam dwn and press up- + .P on the last squeeze.

If that doesn't work, try on the second squueze!
Oh ok, by spam u mean hold?

Gunsmith
Posts too much

Post by Gunsmith » Fri Feb 05, 2010 00:00

spam or spamming means doing repeatedly very quickly, so in this case I would do, dwn dwn dwn dwn dwn dwn dwn dwn and then up- + .P on the last squeeze