[UM] O. Shermie

Was it all just Shingo's dream?
PenPen
MOAR
A.K.A.:Manipulating editor
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Initial D: v6, Football Manager 2011, Dungeon Defenders
PSN:penpen35
[UM] O. Shermie

Post by PenPen » Thu Mar 20, 2008 19:13

Some changes for O. Shermie too.

Far C is faster now (I'm assuming the normal Shermie has this too).
qcf+A/B/C/D is much faster now. A version was the same, but B/C/D version is as fast as A version, which makes them much more effective.
qcb+P can now hit all crouchers according to the player.
qcb+K is the same.
Jump qcf+K is improved now. Closer to KOF 2k2 version.

qcfx2+P is weakened now, you can't abuse it anymore. There's more lag.
qcfx2+K is unchanged.

Overall a better version of the old 98 O. Shermie.

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Sat Jul 26, 2008 17:14

Just came back from the arcade where I saw one of the best players around OCV people with O.Shermie, and I tested a bit of her stuff once I got back. A few observations:

- Electric Kiss zoning is just wicked if you're good at predicting what the opponent is going to do. This is a typical scenario (against an opponent who's knocked down and across the screen). Meaty D Electric Kiss (opponent forced to block, you still have the frame advantage)- D Electric Kiss (opponent forced to block)- A Electric Kiss (you catch the opponent as he tries to jump forward, catch his fireball as he tries to shoot one, etc). Anytime they get hit by an Electric Kiss while in the air, they get knocked to the ground and it all starts again.

- C version Ankoku Raioken (qcfX2+P) is really fast now. Defensively, its almost as good as '97 Benimaru's super. No joke.

- A version Ankoku Raioken comboes of s.C> f+B. You don't need a cross up for this. This doesn't work against all characters though. It works on Iori but not on Kyo. Go figger.

- qcb+Punch is like the king of spacing pokes. As long as you're not in a frame disadvantage and the opponent inside half a screen's distance from you, there's no good reason not to do it. If you hit, the guy is hit back across the screen where he'll have to eat 1-3 blocked Electric Kisses while trying to get back in again.

- Crouch C has oodles of priority. Learn to hit confirm c.C> Ankoken to beat people's pokes and make them eat a super. Or c.C> qcb+P if you don't wanna bother hit confirming.

- Its been mentioned before that the far C is fast, but it really needs to be stressed how good it is. Ridiculous poke. On a blocked close stand C, follow up with f+B> hcf+B> Run forward far stand C. Good pressure string.

PenPen
MOAR
A.K.A.:Manipulating editor
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Initial D: v6, Football Manager 2011, Dungeon Defenders
PSN:penpen35

Post by PenPen » Sat Jul 26, 2008 19:19

The far C is pretty good in that it also hits high, and pretty much covers a lot of space for her, even good as an anti-air. Scary stuff.