[UM] Chin

Was it all just Shingo's dream?
PenPen
MOAR
A.K.A.:Manipulating editor
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Initial D: v6, Football Manager 2011, Dungeon Defenders
PSN:penpen35
[UM] Chin

Post by PenPen » Thu Mar 20, 2008 18:55

From what I tried out so far, Chin received the most notable changes and additions.

CPU showed that hcf+K can be cancelled into d,d+K. However the hcf+K's punch won't come out when it's cancelled.
I think his qcf+P booze spray has better connectivity now.
Two new DMs. hcbx2+P/AC is a grab DM/SDM. DM version is kinda crappy. SDM version can make the opponent dizzy. Both require mashing to get more damage.
qcfx2+K/BD is like his forward walking winpose, except he goes reallllly slow and it's not even invincible at startup. Basically he trudges forward, and if it's not blocked, he knocks down the opponent while walking forward, and keeps moving forward. He may step on the opponent for one/two times maybe. If he did hit someone, he'll do his taunt (looking around) where it's basically a freebie for opponents. By the way, on a counter hit I think he knocks opponents away and sets them on fire when it hits.

To sum it shortly, the qcfx2+K DM is for taunting purposes and seems quite useless otherwise. SDM version I haven't really tried out yet.

PenPen
MOAR
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Initial D: v6, Football Manager 2011, Dungeon Defenders

Post by PenPen » Fri Apr 04, 2008 08:32

Tried Chin more.

hcf+K into d,d+K can be done after he does that punch.
qcf+P booze spray now stops immediately on block.

For qcfx2+K the SDM version is basically the DM version. I can't seem to tell if it's any different...and yes, thus far I think both of them are equally crappy.

Kane317
Almost there! ...39%
Almost there! ...39%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by Kane317 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 13:01

Did some Chin testing (where's the love for this guy, he's good in the right hands!).

-hcbx2+P (S)DM does not do more damage if mashed.

-hcbx2+P DM does more damage than the SDM version but SDM dizzies.

-d.C, MAX qcf~hcb+C SDM connects now (SDM only).

-f.A is much faster and chains now so s.C/D, f.A, DP+C works now.

EDIT: Even more testing.

-Chin's f.A is an overhead if not chained YET still can be comboed out of so:

--f.A into all DMs and f.A into DP+C or qcb+A works also.

--Fun combo to do in advance mode with 4 stocks (or extra mode and the opponent doesn't shake out of dizzy). f.A into MAX hcbx2+P SDM, f.A into MAX qcf~hcb+P SDM. Takes off 85%-90%! lol.

Mazinkaiser
I'm not a bot! :3
I'm not a bot! :3

Post by Mazinkaiser » Wed Jul 02, 2008 18:13

i like him too.. think is really good character, really improved gameplay from the original 98.

keep an eye on him.

the fA still overhead if comboed?

and don't forget the best anti-air always could be qcf,qcf+C\A

anyone find any good use of the win pose DM?

Kane317
Almost there! ...39%
Almost there! ...39%

Post by Kane317 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 00:25

Mazinkaiser wrote:i like him too.. think is really good character, really improved gameplay from the original 98.

keep an eye on him.

the fA still overhead if comboed?

and don't forget the best anti-air always could be qcf,qcf+C\A

anyone find any good use of the win pose DM?
If f.A is comboed into, it is no longer a overhead =(

I know you can do qcf~hcb+P DM (not SDM) into the qcfx2+K DM but they have to be on the brink of death lol otherwise he does like two steps and does crap damage. The other obvious one is after you dizzy him with his SDM so you can walk all over him and then OTG him LOL and yell "I WALKED OVA JOO!"

PenPen
MOAR

Post by PenPen » Thu Jul 03, 2008 13:47

Damn, I thought that you do more damage by mashing because that's what I read on the internets. Makes me look like a fool in the arcades. D:

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Thu Jul 03, 2008 14:23

You look like a fool? I thought you get more damage by yelling "Yeeeeaaah baby. Suck it, suck it! Now hooseyerdaddy??!!!"

Kane317
Almost there! ...39%
Almost there! ...39%

Post by Kane317 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 01:00

-Chin's hcf+K rolls under HSKK's and Kaiser waves! (Well Kaiser Wave for sure, but correct me if I'm wrong with HSKK).

Take that fireball whores! hehe

dobiqwolf
Maxed Out! SDM time!
Maxed Out! SDM time!

Post by dobiqwolf » Fri Jul 18, 2008 13:33

it seems that counter character is the main answer for balance, so against the legions of Krauser and fireballs spamming characters you always get a solution(read "character")to fight back.