Art Of Fighting 2

Discuss gameplay for other SNK gems here.
marco75
Charging...8%
Charging...8%
A.K.A.:Turned ON
Art Of Fighting 2

Post by marco75 » Sun Sep 02, 2007 02:58

I'm asking about the Arcade Version, and my character of choice is Robert.

There are 3 guides on GameFAQs, but none of them answer the following questions:

How do I soften throws?

What are the conditions for performing Desperation Moves, such as the Ryuuku Ranbu?

How do I perform the Ryuuga? It's supposedly

-O | \
O O + A

But while I can do that weird Dragon Punch motion in all other fighting games, I cannot pull it off in AOF2.

I can get up to Stage 5 on Level-1, but Takuma always beats me. I find Eiji really difficult also. Any hints on how to beat them? I heard there's a cheap tactic you can use against every CPU opponent.

If you are interested in playing this game online, please PM me.

Thanks.

Persona
last rank
last rank
A.K.A.:BANNED
Currently Playing:BANNED

Post by Persona » Sun Sep 02, 2007 17:58

From what i remember 12 years ago, you soften throws by pressing any button when you're about to hit the ground.

As for the command for the dragon punch move, try pressing it precisely and hold the downforward motion while pressing the button. I couldn't pull it off at first until I found out it needed extra attention in order to pull it off.

marco75
Charging...8%
Charging...8%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by marco75 » Thu Sep 06, 2007 13:51

Thanks for the reply. I just had the best ever session of AOF2 -- got all the way to Mr. Big on one credit. Mr. Big is impossible though... and when you continue, the game seems to take away any bonuses you have earned on the way.

AOF2 is notorious for having frustratingly hard AI, and cheating... for instance the CPU lifebar is longer than the player's -- what's with that?

I have seen a MAME replay of somebody beating it with John Crawley, so I know it's possible to beat it.

Anyone out there actually like this game? There must be, otherwise why did they release an AOF compilation?

Max
More power! ...18%
More power! ...18%

Re: Art Of Fighting 2

Post by Max » Sat Oct 06, 2007 02:52

marco75 wrote:I heard there's a cheap tactic you can use against every CPU opponent.
As far as I can remember, it went like this:

You have to throw the opponent. The opponent must not break the fall, this is important. Now, you have to time you character's "fireball" so that it hits them as they get up. If done correctly, the opponent will fall and get up in dizzy state. Throw them, repeat. In the end you can finish them off as you want, of course.

Yuri (because of how her throw works) and Lee (no "fireball" or anything similar) are unable to use this. I don't know if Temjin could do it, but that's because I was never able to pull out his "waterfall" move.

TamaYak
One stock!
One stock!

Post by TamaYak » Sat Oct 13, 2007 01:51

Actually I posted an aof2 Robert no damage superplay a fair while back. I'll try and find it again and post the link here