KoF2k2 PS2 Version - any significances?

All other KOFs. Gameplay discussion only.
Blastrezz
KoF2k2 PS2 Version - any significances?

Post by Blastrezz » Sat Aug 06, 2005 17:19

old thread
http://www.forumplanet.com/PlanetDreamc ... id=1685273

Addition:
IN THE NAME OF FUCK! (Please excuse my harsh words, but I have to name the child by it's name)
I swear I was believing 2k2 was an alright/perfect port to the PS2 but I found out only one minute ago, that it is NOT! I know it's a bit late to realize but I always played it on Neo Geo so I did not have to think about anything but now I'm playing this on PS2 for over a month and got used to it and I die in shock right now. I made the old thread to make sure that PS2 version isnt fucked up and to be honest so far I didnt notice any differences myself but now I have to fear that there are even more things than only Chris NEW Max Mode Combo: He can max cancel his hcb+P into his hcb+K Specials.
I now fear that there are more undiscovered things that should stop me and us from playing the PS2 version!

Really, did nobody notice anything about the PS2 port before??????
:o :o :o

I'm so down now..... this strikes me hard :-(

--Blast

PaGaN 3l3m3nts
Powering up...7%
Powering up...7%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by PaGaN 3l3m3nts » Sun Aug 07, 2005 03:51

Hmmm... It doesn't have the options 2003 PS2 has to switch the system between arcade and arranged? Been a while since I played 2002 PS2...

Blastrezz

Post by Blastrezz » Sun Aug 07, 2005 21:43

PaGaN 3l3m3nts wrote:Hmmm... It doesn't have the options 2003 PS2 has to switch the system between arcade and arranged?
No! Then it would've been pretty obvious that they changed stuff.
Only Graphics can be switched between Arcade and Normal (=PS2 Graphics)

--Blast

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 08, 2005 08:29

I can't seem to pull out this combo of Kula in PS2 kof2002 in the corner.Which is...

Stand C (one hit) ,fwd A, BC run , stand C(one hit), fwd A, DP C(one hit) ,max mode cancel to qcf A , and then * AC ,BD,ABC(HSDM)

*Note:Everytime I attempt to do this in PS2,the HSDM simply won't come out.My joystick and buttons are fine btw. But the funny thing is, I can execute this HSDM alone without any problems,it is during the combo part which suxs. I even ask a friend who even perfected this combo in arcade and he can't perform it either, which is so weird. We concluded there is something very faulty and fishy about the controls in this system. It is just so frustrating ! :(

Anti-K'
MOAR
Currently Playing:Persona 4, Melty Blood Actress Again, BlazBlue

Post by Anti-K' » Mon Aug 08, 2005 20:29

Anonymous wrote:I can't seem to pull out this combo of Kula in PS2 kof2002 in the corner.Which is...

Stand C (one hit) ,fwd A, BC run , stand C(one hit), fwd A, DP C(one hit) ,max mode cancel to qcf A , and then * AC ,BD,ABC(HSDM)

*Note:Everytime I attempt to do this in PS2,the HSDM simply won't come out.My joystick and buttons are fine btw. But the funny thing is, I can execute this HSDM alone without any problems,it is during the combo part which suxs. I even ask a friend who even perfected this combo in arcade and he can't perform it either, which is so weird. We concluded there is something very faulty and fishy about the controls in this system. It is just so frustrating ! :(
That's funny, 'cuz I can do it just fine. And I still use my PS2 controller. Maybe try doing her HSDM during her qcf a.

Post by Guest » Sun Aug 14, 2005 03:08

A friend of mine has many combos and set ups with a Qcb + kick on the corner.... But on the PS2 the controls kinda 'lock' and when he does de Qcb + kick for some reason it either doesn't come out or he gets the Qcb + punch instead. It's repulsive.

I remember the same thing happened with Kensou corner traps on KoF 97', the game just didn't let you do it like it was on the arcade....

Vice Vecta
Almost there! ...74%
Almost there! ...74%

Post by Vice Vecta » Tue Aug 30, 2005 00:50

Ummm actually, I've never found any prob with my PS2 version of 2002. In fact, all the moves I usually do at the arcades can be pulled out with no problem.

But... well, I have to admit that the control it's a bit tougher than other console versions of KOF, though, but nothing serious, IMHO.

kaijin
Charging...8%
Charging...8%

Post by kaijin » Thu Mar 30, 2006 02:15

All the extra Chars except for Kusanagi are unbalanced.

Geese, Rugal, Goenitz. I havent really given king a chance but she seemed fine for the few matches i had.

Also, one MAJOR thing.

Ramon is BUGGED

Play Ramon against any member of orochi team. O. Yashoro, O.Shermie, O.Chris and you'll see for yourself. Time glitches, health glitches, everything goes wonky with Ramon aginst Orochi character. :mad:

Blastrezz

Post by Blastrezz » Tue Apr 04, 2006 21:39

I'm certain now: PS2 Version of 2k2 is a slap across the face which never should've happened.

What kaijin says sounds very critical. Maybe any example how to reproduce the bugs/glitches?

Apart from Chris having a strong and easy max mode combo in PS2 version he never had in 2k2 for Neo Geo, anybody ever noticed that KULA cannot pull her long corner combo? If you do
near.C (2), qcf+A, qcb+B~f+B, dp+C
the qcb+B comes out as a qcb+D !!! (WHY???????) What the hell did they do to the engine? If you wait a millisecond too long (thus not being able to hit iced opononent anymore) then the usual qcb+B comes out.....

What the hell????

Once I found out about Chris' Max Mode I was certain PS2 Version had major "tweaks" (BUGS!) but now with Kula being bugged too it's a shame.

--Blast

SonicTempest
Posts too much
A.K.A.:>8|
Currently Playing:Dark Souls II
XBL:SonicTempest84
PSN:SonicTempest

Post by SonicTempest » Wed Apr 05, 2006 00:39

Blastrezz wrote: Apart from Chris having a strong and easy max mode combo in PS2 version he never had in 2k2 for Neo Geo, anybody ever noticed that KULA cannot pull her long corner combo? If you do
near.C (2), qcf+A, qcb+B~f+B, dp+C
the qcb+B comes out as a qcb+D !!! (WHY???????) What the hell did they do to the engine? If you wait a millisecond too long (thus not being able to hit iced opononent anymore) then the usual qcb+B comes out.....

What the hell????
That input bug is specific to the Japanese version, IIRC. It was fixed in the US version (dunno about PAL).

Photon
More power! ...25%
More power! ...25%

Post by Photon » Wed Apr 05, 2006 13:00

kaijin wrote:All the extra Chars except for Kusanagi are unbalanced.

Geese, Rugal, Goenitz. I havent really given king a chance but she seemed fine for the few matches i had.
mad:
Kusanagi's decent, and the Rugal breakage has been known ever since the AES/hack versions.

I wouldn't call Goenitz buggy. He's the SvC version, doesn't have much in terms of max mode, and rolling and the higher game speed makes the tornadoes less effective.

Riot Iori and Geese are indeed uber though.

kaijin
Charging...8%
Charging...8%

Post by kaijin » Thu Apr 06, 2006 16:14

KUsanagi is a decent player. Rugal and the rest should be banned, if they aren't already. But i'm sure anytourney's you hold are held on arcade. All we have is a PS2 and the arcade KOF2k2 has been mashed to death by noobs and 6 year olds.

i used to play arcade until I realised that the competition was shite...
And you cant tell some starnger not to use Rugal in KOF 2k2 Plus. They'll be like, "Fuck you." and choose him anyway.

As much as i would love to use rugal (if he was balanced) it's sad that i cant.
I also need to know,

1. is Kusanagi balanced in 2k2 Plus.

2. Is 2k2 plus ok to play at all or shouyld one stick to thew original 2k2

I'd appreciate some answers. Thanks :kiss:

Photon
More power! ...25%
More power! ...25%

Post by Photon » Thu Apr 06, 2006 18:06

AFAIK plus is a hack, in which case shouldn't be used. Console-only characters (e.g. DC/XB/PS2 ports of 2002) should be disallowed as well.

And yes, Rugal shouldn't be tourney legal at all. In casual though...w/e. Found some ways around him there too, but tourney + Rugal (and the others) would be too much.

Blastrezz

Post by Blastrezz » Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:21

ShadowSonic wrote:
Blastrezz wrote: (....)KULA cannot pull her long corner combo? (......)
That input bug is specific to the Japanese version, IIRC. It was fixed in the US version (dunno about PAL).
Confirmed. US Version overall seems a little more close to the NeoGeo original.
If u turn it back to Arcade graphic settings plus screen type B you get it very close to NG look.
Also me and a buddy of mine we think that the input is about 0,01% tighter in the US version which makes it also closer to the original. It's barely feelable but I believe it's there.
JP version doesn't feel wrong but it seems that mentioned small tad looser than NeoGeo.

--Blast

kaijin
Charging...8%
Charging...8%

Post by kaijin » Thu Apr 20, 2006 23:28

A good Athena player ownz Rugal hands down. Grapplers and mid-rangers have problems though. i can't bwin agfainst him with iori but give me O. Chris, Andy and K9999 then I'm fine.

Kusanagi can do well sometimes but i really wish they's balance him out cause I dig Rugal.