KOF 96 Collection!

All other KOFs. Gameplay discussion only.
Blue_Blood
Charging...8%
Charging...8%
A.K.A.:Turned ON
KOF 96 Collection!

Post by Blue_Blood » Wed Jun 30, 2010 18:13

Hi, this is my first request, if you like.
I've got something here on japanese. A real rare thing from KOF 96 Collection (Avaible on NeogeoCD only,yeah), and I'm looking for someone who could translate it into english:

It's the inside the story and official story.
I have the full pack on rar if someone is interested on helping me.
Don't wanna abuse of your kidness, guys, but my email is "gabylopez94@hotmail.com" if anybody has news!
Thank you very much, and crongratulations for your funnies translations on CVS and KOF little comics! They are just charming n_n
Last edited by Blue_Blood on Mon May 07, 2012 21:13, edited 1 time in total.

Gunsmith
Posts too much
A.K.A.:<3 dead French characters
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Ni No Kuni, Yatagarasu, P4A
XBL:Orochi Gunsmith
PSN:Gunsmith-ON

Re: KOF 96 Collection!

Post by Gunsmith » Thu Jul 01, 2010 07:06

oh wow! I hope ST sees this. This is valuable stuff - it might change some things for Wry Guy and the story FAQs... post the whole lot here, I'll back it up!

Blue_Blood
Charging...8%
Charging...8%

Post by Blue_Blood » Fri Jul 02, 2010 04:32

Ok, but let me put it into a spoiler, ok?!
Let's go:
Official Story

Inside the Story

If you could "guide me" to someone who might translate it, I'd appreciate it!
Thank you!
Last edited by Blue_Blood on Mon May 07, 2012 21:12, edited 4 times in total.

SonicTempest
Posts too much
A.K.A.:>8|
Currently Playing:Dark Souls II
XBL:SonicTempest84
PSN:SonicTempest

Post by SonicTempest » Fri Jul 02, 2010 08:59

Holy carp, that's a lot of kanji I don't know.

Is there a transcript of the text somewhere?

Blue_Blood
Charging...8%
Charging...8%

Post by Blue_Blood » Fri Jul 02, 2010 14:31

I presume you are "ST". Sorry, I'm newbie here, Sir.
I posted this pics here coz I don't have an english translation yet n_ñ' and I'd really like get one! wow There is no chances to make a try, Sir? Even if you don't understand the whole thing? *wink

SonicTempest
Posts too much

Post by SonicTempest » Sat Jul 03, 2010 06:23

Yay for my iPhone multiradical kanji lookup app.

Here's a rough translation of the first three panels you posted - I'll see if I can get to the rest later.

"In ancient times of legend, Susano'o defeated the Yamato no Orochi. However, in truth, its descendant persists to the present day. The Hakkeshuu have broken the seal and are attempting to drown this world in darkness once again. Yasakani went astray as well, attempting to attain the power of the sealed-away Orochi."

EDIT: Looking at your longer post it looks like these three pics aren't in sequence...oops.

Blue_Blood
Charging...8%
Charging...8%

Post by Blue_Blood » Sun Jul 04, 2010 22:47

SonicTempest wrote: EDIT: Looking at your longer post it looks like these three pics aren't in sequence...oops.
No, Sir. They aren't sorry Y_Y
I posted some pics just for try. I didn't know if they could be interesting for someone.

It's a good first impression! Nice job! You should try with KOF Kyo dialogues! wow (the game, not the manga)

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Tue Aug 17, 2010 15:28

That's some pretty interesting stuff there.

SonicTempest
Posts too much

Post by SonicTempest » Tue Aug 31, 2010 06:35

Finally got off my ass and translated the whole thing. Reasonably accurate, I think, although I'm sure there will be nuances that I didn't pick up on.
The year is 1996.

Arrangements were already underway to hold The King of Fighters this year as well. However, unlike previous years, it was being sponsored by a massive conglomerate and thus being held on a major scale worldwide. The familiar faces of the nine teams remaining after the worldwide qualifying rounds lined up eagerly to face off in a test of skill.

However, among those nine teams were the names of the three people who had once attempted to seek world dominance. Could their objective be to crush the Garou team, and then the Kyokugenryuu team?!

And then, the one who showed up, teamed up with two mysterious women...when will his battle with Kyo Kusanagi take place?!

Even in the midst of this public King of Fighters tournament, dark clouds are already beginning to gather.

---

In ancient times of legend, Susano'o defeated the Yamata no Orochi. However, the the true power of the Yamata no Orochi clan lay in Orochi's most powerful eight underlings, those who sought to plunge the world into darkness - the Hakkeshuu.

These eight individuals, said to possess the frightening power to crush boulders and tear through flesh, were feared as the eight heads of a massive serpent, or the Yamata no Orochi by the people of that era.

Even today, the descendents of this clan hide in the shadows and plot to cover the world in darkness. While it seems like there is a higher authority guiding their actions, that person's identity and ultimate goal are currently masked by a veil of secrecy.

---

With the defeat of the Yamata no Orochi, the two schools of Kusanagi and Yasakani were established as the most powerful fighting styles in the world. However, Yasakani was drawn to Orochi's power and desired to possess it for himself. Thus it strayed from the path of good, and tried to reawaken the sealed Orochi's power. And once the monarch of the time found out about this, Yasakani was banished to live in seclusion.

At this time, no longer bound by the seal, one of the members of the Hakkeshuu killed Yasakani's wife as a sacrifice. Another member went to the banished Yasakani and told him thus: 'In order to atone for the sins of your clan, your wife met her death at Kusanagi's hand.'

Those words turned 1200 long years of trust between the two clans into hatred within an instant.

"You hate Kusanagi, don't you? Then join with us and use our power to exact your revenge."

And with that thought in mind, Yasakani formed a blood pact with Orochi in order to have his revenge on Kusanagi. From that day forward, he took the name 'Yagami' and created the most terrifying technique in history, the 'Eight Maidens' or 'Yaotome'.

Since that time, Kusanagi has fought to confine the nightmares unleashed at that time to the darkness, while Yagami broke its ties with Kusanagi and has instead fought for revenge.

This is the unknown sad history of those times 660 years ago.

Gunsmith
Posts too much
A.K.A.:<3 dead French characters
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Ni No Kuni, Yatagarasu, P4A
XBL:Orochi Gunsmith
PSN:Gunsmith-ON

Post by Gunsmith » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:42

wow, just that one sentence about the wife makes it rather important text! Thanks ST!

Blue_Blood
Charging...8%
Charging...8%

Post by Blue_Blood » Thu Sep 02, 2010 02:47

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOUUUUU!!!!