Definite Differences for Regulation A

zomg it's THREE D!
mr crimson
Charging...23%
Charging...23%
A.K.A.:Turned ON
Definite Differences for Regulation A

Post by mr crimson » Mon Apr 28, 2008 05:43

Couldn't find a topic about it, so I'm just wondering on certain things regarding Regulation A. I haven't gotten a chance to play it yet, even though I own it, but my Japanese PS2 has yet to come...

Regarding stages:

Certain titles, like Tekken for instance, make a huge difference in how a battle lays out based on the stage. Is the same thing applicable for Regulation A? It didn't seem like it made too much of a difference in 2006, granted I'm not exactly an expert. I only got into the series about a year ago, so I'm not as broken into the games as most.
Also, have there been any stage additions since 2006, or are the four new charactes and move additions the only difference?

Another thing I was wondering about was the balance of the game - it sounds like Ash is a bit overpowered, which is a shame, but aside from that, is there a huge difference in strenght among characters, or is the game pretty friendly to use regardless of who you are?

I'm sorry for the stupid questions, but I would just like to know simple crap like these as a way for me to know how to approach the game. I primerely play KOF for casual, and don't get overly competitive with it.

mr crimson
Charging...23%
Charging...23%

Post by mr crimson » Tue Apr 29, 2008 07:19

Sixteen views and not even a line of comment? I don't think I'm asking for rocket science... :(

SonicTempest
Posts too much
A.K.A.:>8|
Currently Playing:Dark Souls II
XBL:SonicTempest84
PSN:SonicTempest

Post by SonicTempest » Tue Apr 29, 2008 07:35

Heh, I think it's mainly because Regulation A (or Maximum Impact for that matter) don't get that much play around here :P

I don't think stages play TOO big a role in things, although they are of different sizes. It seems to me that smaller stages would be more beneficial for corner wall juggling.
And yes, MIreA has a few new stages. I forget what they are, though.

As for balance, I think there's a tier list posted in one of the threads in this forum. I don't know how up-to-date it is, though.

EDIT:
http://kingoffighters.planets.gamespy.c ... 0&start=30 here you go.

mr crimson
Charging...23%
Charging...23%

Post by mr crimson » Wed Apr 30, 2008 05:33

Thanks a lot! I finally got a change to play it about an hour and a half ago, and I must say it seems very different. The overall speed of the game is different, and the stages don't seem to matter too much.

I got my hands on ash, and it felt incredibly weird to play as him. He doesn't control even close to anyone else, he has some powerful strings, but overall I'm still struggling to figure him out. I tried to play him the same way I do in XI, and it wasn't a pretty picture at all.

This game does feel much better than the other MI games though. The graphics looks a lot crisper, the new songs are awesome, and the game mechanics seem far better refined as far as character control goes.

Only downside - the stupid announcer. However, he is very easily tapped out, and tends to fade into the background, so he only becomes a nuisance when selecting a character.

kadosho
More power! ...25%
More power! ...25%
XBL:kadosho
PSN:kadosho

Post by kadosho » Sun May 18, 2008 15:53

Curious about the differences between MI & RA. Interesting.
Although I wonder if Max could get re-released as RA instead. (would make it more complete)